News Daniel Rodriguez vs Neil Magny set for UFC event on Oct. 15

Who wins?

• Total voters
Quick turnaround for D-Rod. I would’ve preferred a rematch with Leech as it was a really close fight and I had it scored for Leech, but this is a good and tough fight.

I think D-Rod's style plays into Magny's hands and the way he was able to goad Geoff Neal into playing his game was impressive considering what Geoff has done since. That being said, I didn't like how competitive Max Griffin was against him and he is stylistically similar in some ways to D-Rod yet far less proven and with less talent IMO. I think this fight will trend toward Neil via UD, but with Rodriguez live to close the distance and land big shots inside the pocket that either steal the round or finish Magny for literally every second of those fifteen minutes.

You're getting famous around here, seems Im not the only one that loves your stuff sir lol.
Get that Sherdog shirt now lol.
Hahah I’m glad alot of people around here like my threads sir:D
Buy that PPV for LFL 6 for less than 10 bucks and spot me cageside with my lil’ bro sunday October 2nd;)
And indeed, I need to get that Sherdog shirt lol

Hahah I’m glad alot of people around here like my threads sir:D
Buy that PPV for LFL 6 for less than 10 bucks and spot me cageside with my lil’ bro sunday October 2nd;)
And indeed, I need to get that Sherdog shirt lol

See what I can do...looking forward to the thread either way sir.

Struggling with Max Griffen is a bad sign here IMO
The Magny that beat Leech, Neal, Rocco would dominate all 3 rounds.

But seeing Magny struggle against Griffen I think D-rod gets enough space to throw his hands to win a close decision.
I've never been sold on D-rod but this is the perfect time and person for a ranked matchup for him to get a foothold on the rankings

What weight class? Been rooting for Magny since TUF. Hope he can get the W.

Rodriguez should look better with a longer camp and no last minute opponent switch.

Reactions: MGS
Christ Magny is so boring, really hope Drod gets it done.
Yes his last fight was boring, but think that had more to do with the short notice change in opponent.

lol, Sherdog gonna Sherdog. Fighters are judged solely on their last fight by 90% of this forum. Because D-Rod was in a dull fight that people thought he lost (he didn't), most are going to shit on him and pick him to lose

thats a good one. Should the Grasso fight really be the main event still?

Even in that pic, Magny looks tired and looks like he needs a longer break.

Once again tho, taking the tough fights.
I appreciate the guy.

I'll take magny here, his grappling can make this interesting. D-Rod is basic, but tough

Back