Dariush is not one of the top 4/5 best lightweights in the world

any hater will favor anyone else... the hard part is to prove, since even when Dariush wins, you will obviously make up excuses about it.

Fact is, he is on a 7 fight win streak, and beat Tony who was ranked #5 in the division. That's a better win than Islam beating Hooker (on short notice).
And now we will see them fight. May the winner prove he belongs. This way no one can complain they don't deserve being at the top.
Beating Old Tony is not a better win than Hooker. Hooker would beat Tony as well right now as would any other current top 10 and that may include current RDA.

I think the opposite. Dariush beating Old Tony hasn’t proven the ability to beat anyone the others haven’t and has lost to Barboza .
You don't prove anything until you actually beat someone. I think you are being little too liberal with the word "proven."

I could bet on Hooker beating him, but I would bet on Dariush more times against the top ten than I would Hooker

Beating Old Tony is not a better win than Hooker. Hooker would beat Tony as well right now as would any other current top 10 and that may include current RDA.
Wow, kid!!! Just because you said it, it must be true!!! What was I thinking???
<LikeReally5>

Fighting against facts will get you nowhere. Tony was a top 5 win. Hooker was not in the top 5.
And there's also the fact Hooker fought on short notice against Islam, so it's not like Islam fought the best version of him.
Any way you look at it, Tony was a better win than Hooker, regardless of what the outcome of their fight would be right now.

Your BS excuses and ridiculous blank statements are just desperate attempts from a delusional hater.

Well I don't believe so. Apart from beating Tony's leftover corpse his best win is a split decision over number 10 ranked, nearly 37 year old Carlos Diego Ferreira, who then went on to get TKO'ed by Gregor Gillespie in 2 rounds

Id probably favour at least 10-15 lightweights in the world over him
He might be top 5 in UFC but I don't think he's top 5 in the world. There are champs and top fighters from other organisations that can beat him.

Wow, kid!!! Just because you said it, it must be true!!! What was I thinking???
<LikeReally5>

Fighting against facts will get you nowhere. Tony was a top 5 win. Hooker was not in the top 5.
And there's also the fact Hooker fought on short notice against Islam, so it's not like Islam fought the best version of him.
Any way you look at it, Tony was a better win than Hooker, regardless of what the outcome of their fight would be right now.

Your BS excuses and ridiculous blank statements are just desperate attempts from a delusional hater.
Hooker’s recent losses may hurt his ranking but they were better than anyone Tony or Dariush have beaten. I am not a hater, I just think he needs to beat a real top 5 because Tony hasn’t been one in a while. His ranking was based on a streak of wins not on quality of oppents …kid.

You don't prove anything until you actually beat someone. I think you are being little too liberal with the word "proven."
I believe Dariush needs another top 10 win and I don’t think Tony is a top 8. As far as my opinion goes, this whole forum is only our opinions. I have stated mine.

Pass the ganja brother, do you really think the likes of Bobby Green and Riddel will beat Dariush? you are grossly underestimating Beneil as a fighter.

Dariush almost got kod by Drakkar Klose and did get kod by Alexander Hernandez. Acting like Green couldnt possibly beat him is nonsense.

Dariush almost got kod by Drakkar Klose and did get kod by Alexander Hernandez. Acting like Green couldnt possibly beat him is nonsense.
And what's your point? this is mixed martial arts, not Basketball or Football, losses like that can happen. Are fighters not allowed to improve and evolve? I can name 100s of fighters who lost to average fighters and then went on to be great.

His list wasn't 10 fighters who could possibly beat him, it was 10 fighters who he thinks would beat him. The difference there's massive, possibly is saying you think fighter A could beat fighter B, but you probably wouldn't bet on it happening. I doubt many would bet on Bobby Green beating Dariush.

And what's your point? this is mixed martial arts, not Basketball or Football, losses like that can happen. Are fighters not allowed to improve and evolve? I can name 100s of fighters who lost to average fighters and then went on to be great.

Absolutely they are allowed to but Dariush is still prone to getting hit, not a great grappler and sliw as molasses. Id favor him over Green but hed be a live dog.

Islam is going to run right through him.

This is a foreshadowing of what will happen on this forum when Makhachev beats him. "Oh he was never that good anyway".

Hooker’s recent losses may hurt his ranking but they were better than anyone Tony or Dariush have beaten. I am not a hater, I just think he needs to beat a real top 5 because Tony hasn’t been one in a while. His ranking was based on a streak of wins not on quality of oppents …kid.
The rankings I posted were from before their fights. So the eventual losses have nothing to do with it.
Fact is, Tony was in a better win streak (12 wins) and lost only once before meeting Oliveira. It is beyond dishonest to claim he was far gone.

Besides, what is exactly your point?
Dariush is not fighting for the belt. He is fighting Islam.
Who do you think should be in his place?

Hes definitely not a top 5 fighter, it bothers me to even see him that high after beating only old Tony

Tony and Gregor proved a string of wins with no top 3’s means little when you actually meet one. I expect the same streak to come to a end for Olivera next month.

Hooker can’t put together nothing, so Dariush is a better test

Absolutely they are allowed to but Dariush is still prone to getting hit, not a great grappler and sliw as molasses. Id favor him over Green but hed be a live dog.

Islam is going to run right through him.

<HisEye><HisEye><HisEye>

• World No Gi Champion (2010 brown, 2009 purple absolute, 2008 blue)
  • World No Gi Championship (2010 brown absolute)
  • Pan American Championship (2009 blue)
  • World Championship 2nd Place (2012 brown, 2010 purple, 2009 blue)
  • Pan American Championship 2nd Place (2010 brown weight & absolute)
  • World Championship 3rd Place (2009 blue absolute)
  • World No Gi Championship 3rd Place (2009 purple)
  • Pan American Championship 3rd Place (2011 brown)
  • Has competed in a total of 50 BJJ tournaments and has never once finished below 3rd place
  • Earned BJJ Black Belt from Romulo Barral in 5 years

I really think you can, in hindsight, look at any fighter and poke holes in there resume. A lot of ppl consider Khabib the best LW ever or Fedor and Jon top 2 GOATS. Even then, there’s a ton of criticism of their resumes.
I agree, in hindsight it's always easy to find fault / devalue the accomplishments.

Well I don't believe so. Apart from beating Tony's leftover corpse his best win is a split decision over number 10 ranked, nearly 37 year old Carlos Diego Ferreira, who then went on to get TKO'ed by Gregor Gillespie in 2 rounds

Id probably favour at least 10-15 lightweights in the world over him

I feel you. I say the jury is still out on him.

He's a great fighter!
There's a few reasons he's overlooked.
-His look, he looks a lot older and doesn't have an imposing figure.
-Doesn't have a lot of charisma to be a star, so the normal fans don't know much about him.
-Most importantly, pretty bad losses. He's been finished in all 4 of them.
The first loss was against against Ramsey Nijem(10-9 record) who was a mid-tier fighter, Beneil was winning until he got caught and TKO'd.
The second loss was against Chiesa, which isn't bad since he's a pretty good fighter.
The third was a brutal KO by Barboza in a competitive fight. That lauched him in a pretty bad 3 fight skid(one was a draw against Dunham).
The fourth loss was a 1st round KO of Hernandez who's an ok prospect, but hasn't shown that he's championship caliber. At the time it was Hernandez's debut, he was unranked and pretty unknown to most. This loss sent Beneil out of the rankings.
3 fight skid:
Screenshot-11.png

I think he's great and has shown he's pretty elite at times, he just made some bad decisions in certain fights.
He has another oppurtunity to shine against Islam.
Most important, looks like a muslim but he is not so he can't get support of diehard muslims and using christianity to get popular won't work

Back