Dark Side of the Ring - season 2

I always knew Chris took Eddie's death pretty hard.

But I didn't know he took it that hard.

Sounds like that was a much bigger issue to his 'Going Postal' than the long-term CTE trauma and roids.

its rather obvious the man needed serious help following eddy's death

wow. I always knew new jack was a sack of shit. but that reinforces it more. what a total sack of shit. never really wishthis on anyone, but the world would be better off without him

also, watching this after the show thing, he is upset vic grimes didn't reach out after hurting him. I wonder if he did the same with mass transit, red or gypsy joe. I am guessing not

Watching the New Jack episode now, and he's one of those assholes that you wonder how the hell is he not in prison.

Its amazing he could still be booked after the Mass Transit incident.

Even before that, he basically was a backyard wrestler with mic skills, at best.

Watching the New Jack episode now, and he's one of those assholes that you wonder how the hell is he not in prison.

Its amazing he could still be booked after the Mass Transit incident.

Even before that, he basically was a backyard wrestler with mic skills, at best.

According to some people on Reddit he was still in 100% sell mode and was obviously drunk for his interviews for the episode. I’m not defending him but some people think he was embellishing how bad he really was.

also, watching this after the show thing, he is upset vic grimes didn't reach out after hurting him. I wonder if he did the same with mass transit, red or gypsy joe. I am guessing not

How Joe lived for another 13 years after that is the truly astonishing part.

That kinda stuff does get glossed over as people try to explain his actions...dude was 100% on the spectrum before he ever set foot in a ring

I read David Benoit wants to wrestle under the name Chris Benoit Jr. I really hope nobody ever lets him do that. Chris' extreme love for the sport is a big part of what did him in. That's just a terrible idea on a lot of levels.

I also think Chris likely had some kind of delusion disorder or schizophrenia which people can hide and can be exacerbated by extreme stress and trauma.

I read David Benoit wants to wrestle under the name Chris Benoit Jr. I really hope nobody ever lets him do that. Chris' extreme love for the sport is a big part of what did him in. That's just a terrible idea on a lot of levels.

I also think Chris likely had some kind of delusion disorder or schizophrenia which people can hide and can be exacerbated by extreme stress and trauma.

Dude should just use his real name, but it's his father so I don't really have a say.

The new jack one is good. I don't feel bad for Mass transit. Kid needed to be humbled. I don't know about to that extreme, but you disrespect new jack and then ask him to color you? Thats like spitting in Mike Tyson's face, but then ask him for a sparring session

New Jack looks young for 57.

The episode is very kayfabe-ish.

Last edited:
The brawl for all episode was good, I didn’t even know about it, felt bad for Bart Gunn and Droz

The brawl for all episode was good, I didn’t even know about it, felt bad for Bart Gunn and Droz

I believe I read the WWE takes care of Droz and his friend from college is the guy who founded Under Armour so at least he’s well taken care of. Next week is Jimmy Snuka so that should be a good one.

The rest not really pumped for outside of Owen, which is the last one

Yeah I agree. He might get away with his real name, but certainly not in WWE. Chris Benoit Jr though? It'll kill his career in the spot.

I don't think that he'll do very well. He seems like a nice bloke but he seems to be extremely shy, damaged even. Good luck to him though.

Yeah I agree. He might get away with his real name, but certainly not in WWE. Chris Benoit Jr though? It'll kill his career in the spot.

I don't think that he'll do very well. He seems like a nice bloke but he seems to be extremely shy, damaged even. Good luck to him though.

I think even just one match would be an accomplishment. Put him in a multi man match, either with or against the inner circle

Anyone know the story about him training with Lance storm? Never knew this happened.

I think even just one match would be an accomplishment. Put him in a multi man match, either with or against the inner circle

Anyone know the story about him training with Lance storm? Never knew this happened.

Yeah, I don't want to say anything insulting about someone who's been through what he has, but calling Chris his hero is really messed up. This kid looks so much like his dad, it's eerie. I think it's ok to have some good memories of his father before he went insane, but saying he's your hero means you want to be like him in more ways than just wrestling.

Watched the Bruiser Brody, Benoit, New Jack and brawl for all episodes so far. All been great.

signed up for his wrestling school and never showed up.

JR & Cornette still whining about Dr. Death getting KTFO
<DisgustingHHH>bork1}

Back