Social David Koch passes

Doesn't matter how much money you donate to charity when your companies are some of the biggest polluters in the country and most active when it comes to stonewalling the EPA when it comes to actually doing their job. Combine that with the fact that the Koch's are some of the worst when it comes to fueling the corruption that comes with the unlimited money that can be injected into our political system. Not a monster, but closer to that than a hero.

Fixed it for you.
Yes, because stealing from a store is equivalent to poisoning countless Americans.
fraccidents_2015-08-13.jpg

You seem unfamiliar with the WR rules.

Violence/Genocide- Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims. If you choose to celebrate the victims injuries and/or deaths or suggest they deserved what happened to them, you will likely get infractions.
Examples: Israel vs. Palestine threads, Mass Shooting threads

There's no rule not to speak ill of the dead, it's just socially inappropriate.
If we handed out infractions here for being socially inappropriate, there'd be no-one left to post.

There is no specific prohibition on celebrating a natural death, but the rule you cited has been creatively enforced in the past, such that celebrating death violated the rules against “calling for violence,” and “celebrat[ing] the victims[‘] ... deaths.” We’ve all seen this happen before. IIRC I got yellows for something like that a while back.

Anyway, I was not a fan of Mr. Koch, and I don’t really have anything nice to say. He and his brother used their power and money to promote open borders, and to promote free movement of corporate assets throughout the globe. Not exactly champions of the people. In fact, in many ways he was the enemy of the people. In that sense, Mr. Koch was just another George Soros—a shadowy rich guy who thinks his vision of a perfect world is better than ours.

Apparently he had some worthwhile non-partisan philanthropic endeavors, which is respectable. He was also a family man. Unfortunately his positive public activities were overshadowed by his negatives. His family will surely miss him. I won’t.

There is no specific prohibition on celebrating a natural death, but the rule you cited has been creatively enforced in the past, such that celebrating death violated the rules against “calling for violence,” and “celebrat[ing] the victims[‘] ... deaths.” We’ve all seen this happen before. IIRC I got yellows for something like that a while back.

Anyway, I was not a fan of Mr. Koch, and I don’t really have anything nice to say. He and his brother used their power and money to promote open borders, and to promote free movement of corporate assets throughout the globe. Not exactly champions of the people. In fact, in many ways he was the enemy of the people. In that sense, Mr. Koch was just another George Soros—a shadowy rich guy who thinks his vision of a perfect world is better than ours.

Apparently he had some worthwhile non-partisan philanthropic endeavors, which is respectable. He was also a family man. Unfortunately his positive public activities were overshadowed by his negatives. His family will surely miss him. I won’t.

A+ post

I just don't understand why you think I care about either of those things.

Aretha Franklin died and her life was celebrated by the masses, despite the fact that she donated to and associated with an anti-LGBT politician like Bill Clinton. Charles Koch dies and he gets shit on by the left, in part because he donated to anti-LGBT politicians. I doubt you shit on Aretha Franklin after dying like you do with Koch.

Aretha Franklin died and her life was celebrated by the masses, despite the fact that she donated to and associated with an anti-LGBT politician like Bill Clinton. Charles Koch dies and he gets shit on by the left, in part because he donated to anti-LGBT politicians. I doubt you shit on Aretha Franklin after dying like you do with Koch.

I didn't shit on David and I'm not an Aretha Franklin fan so I didn't really care when she died.

I mean I'm not overly concerned about LGBT issues either, I'm not gay.. I'm just not going to fluff David Koch just because he died.

Trying to claim he was some sort of advocate for LGBT rights is an amusing lie.

He is kind of invested heavily in making a generation of "conservatives" into socially acceptable void, trickle down advocates. He pushed a dark narrative, and it was adopted by far too many. He was just economic ideology, which he may have thought easier to push if the general public was demoralized. He isn't somebody I hold much higher than George Soros.

He played the charity game and some big charitable organization job factories were able to function because of his respective philanthropy. Some good was likely done. His family can be proud of that. His guidance of the conservative tribe lead them into something I wouldn't even consider that conservative. I did hear a guy who wrote a book on him say something similar recently, but I'm on my life I have thought the same thing for over a decade.

I didn't shit on David and I'm not an Aretha Franklin fan so I didn't really care when she died.

I mean I'm not overly concerned about LGBT issues either, I'm not gay.. I'm just not going to fluff David Koch just because he died.

So you're pretty much just like David Koch in that regard? Sounds like a weird thing to call him out on. I said he was pro gay rights and pro gay marriage, and you said that he really wasn't because he didn't do anything to support it. Why are you criticizing him for not doing more for gay rights when you just admitted that you're not concerned with LGBT issues?

He is kind of invested heavily in making a generation of "conservatives" into socially acceptable void, trickle down advocates. He pushed a dark narrative, and it was adopted by far too many. He was just economic ideology, which he may have thought easier to push if the general public was demoralized. He isn't somebody I hold much higher than George Soros.

He played the charity game and some big charitable organization job factories were able to function because of his respective philanthropy. Some good was likely done. His family can be proud of that. His guidance of the conservative tribe lead them into something I wouldn't even consider that conservative. I did hear a guy who wrote a book on him say something similar recently, but I'm on my life I have thought the same thing for over a decade.
**take out "acceptable" before "void," and replace with "devoid."**

To be fair, most people who are not hyperpartisan have to choose the less of 2 evils

I'm sure you have supported one candidate over another even though that candidate did not agree with you 100%

But yea, the number 1 priority for the Kochs does seem to be making money.

You seem unfamiliar with the WR rules.

Violence/Genocide- Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims. If you choose to celebrate the victims injuries and/or deaths or suggest they deserved what happened to them, you will likely get infractions.
Examples: Israel vs. Palestine threads, Mass Shooting threads

There's no rule not to speak ill of the dead, it's just socially inappropriate.
If we handed out infractions here for being socially inappropriate, there'd be no-one left to post.

This'll be interesting to see if applied consistently and allowed to just go on, in the thread made whenever Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes.

It'll be a scummy shit show. But no one will get yellows from it we now know.

Last edited:
So you're pretty much just like David Koch in that regard? Sounds like a weird thing to call him out on. I said he was pro gay rights and pro gay marriage, and you said that he really wasn't because he didn't do anything to support it. Why are you criticizing him for not doing more for gay rights when you just admitted that you're not concerned with LGBT issues?

I wasn't calling him out on it, I was calling you out for trying to paint this flowery picture that isn't close to true.

This'll be interesting to see if applied consistently and allowed to just go on, in the thread made whenever Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed.

I was the person who made that thread in the future BTW

Back