Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

Translation - The new Dead Space remake is being developed by SJWs who's thought the original Dead Space was horrific because it didn't check enough racial diversity, sexuality, and social issue boxes.

Wtf? I’m not sure how SJW stuff fits into a title like this. Maybe they mean something else?
Or they just went full retard. Either or.

Wtf? I’m not sure how SJW stuff fits into a title like this. Maybe they mean something else?
If you read the article and don’t listen to the incel it’s talking about gameplay mechanics that no longer work.

If you read the article and don’t listen to the incel it’s talking about gameplay mechanics that no longer work.

<LikeReally5>

The exact quote from the article, which I read before posting it in this thread, is...

"The main source of inspiration is the original vision for Dead Space,” said Yazijan. “We make sure we’re following the story, the art direction, everything, out of respect for the original game.”

He added, “We are taking the opportunity to also do away with some things that don’t work, and make sure the game stays relevant to modern audiences — but even that has to be done surgically.”

There's certain vague phrases in entertainment that have specific meanings, and 'relevant to modern audiences' is one of them. Given the context of the quote it implies its related to gameplay, but it could not be.

We shall see as the previews and trailers are released throughout development and as closer we get to the release date.

But, keep in mind, this is still an EA game and everybody knows that EA believes their sales are highly dependent on 'gaming journalist' reviews that usually give high marks to media that fulfill their idealistic agendas while ignoring their more subtle flaws.​

<LikeReally5>

The exact quote from the article, which I read before posting it in this thread, is...

"The main source of inspiration is the original vision for Dead Space,” said Yazijan. “We make sure we’re following the story, the art direction, everything, out of respect for the original game.”

He added, “We are taking the opportunity to also do away with some things that don’t work, and make sure the game stays relevant to modern audiences — but even that has to be done surgically.”

There's certain vague phrases in entertainment that have specific meanings, and 'relevant to modern audiences' is one of them. Given the context of the quote it implies its related to gameplay, but it could not be.

We shall see as the previews and trailers are released throughout development and as closer we get to the release date.

But, keep in mind, this is still an EA game and everybody knows that EA believes their sales are highly dependent on 'gaming journalist' reviews that usually give high marks to media that fulfill their idealistic agendas while ignoring their more subtle flaws.​
You’re deranged. Get help.

Deranged?

Reality check - These types of people, spawns of Anita Sarkesian, are infested in the gaming industry.

You're delusional and beyond paranoid. There is nothing to suggest this has anything to do with injecting SJW agendas. This is the Mass Effect remaster all over again. You screeched about censorship and catering to SJW’s and almost nothing changed.

You likely spend the majority of your free time in right wing Twitter echo chambers searching for the next scrap of something to be outraged over. You’re legitimately no better than the people you hate.

You're delusional and beyond paranoid. There is nothing to suggest this has anything to do with injecting SJW agendas. This is the Mass Effect remaster all over again. You screeched about censorship and catering to SJW’s and almost nothing changed.

The changed camera angles WAS the censorship.

Period.

Just because you don't consider it censorship doesn't mean it isn't.

You likely spend the majority of your free time in right wing Twitter echo chambers searching for the next scrap of something to be outraged over. You’re legitimately no better than the people you hate.

Typical gaslighting.

Care to add anything of substance, for once?

I'll wait. Better make it good.

The changed camera angles WAS the censorship.

Period.

Just because you don't consider it censorship doesn't mean it isn't.

Typical gaslighting.

Care to add anything of substance, for once?

I'll wait. Better make it good.
Sure, just as soon as your provide proof of them adding a progressive agenda to the game instead of running wild with a vague comment.

Sure, just as soon as your provide proof of them adding a progressive agenda to the game instead of running wild with a vague comment.
The proof is 2021s constant progressive agenda. In all things. Assuming it's also in this game is just expecting what's going to happen. They can't fucking help themselves.

The proof is 2021s constant progressive agenda. In all things. Assuming it's also in this game is just expecting what's going to happen. They can't fucking help themselves.
You guys need to get a serious fucking grip.

It couldn’t possibly be that they’re talking about gameplay mechanics from a 10 year old title could they? No, it has to be the blue haired boogeyman lmao.

You guys need to get a serious fucking grip.

It couldn’t possibly be that they’re talking about gameplay mechanics from a 10 year old title could they? No, it has to be the blue haired boogeyman lmao.

Out of curiosity, what gameplay mechanics from Dead Space do you think no longer work in 2021? I don't recall exactly how the games played back then but I had a great time with DS 1 and 2 and don't remember anything too off-the-wall for a 3rd person action game.

On the other hand, if Star Wars: Squadrons has taught us anything it's that EA will inject diversity into a franchise to an absurdist degree. I have never seen so many women and people of color crammed into a formerly European-cast franchise. It was a constant distraction from the world and lore of Star Wars to have the demographics of the entire cast of characters upended for no good reason other than "diversity".

Out of curiosity, what gameplay mechanics from Dead Space do you think no longer work in 2021? I don't recall exactly how the games played back then but I had a great time with DS 1 and 2 and don't remember anything too off-the-wall for a 3rd person action game.

On the other hand, if Star Wars: Squadrons has taught us anything it's that EA will inject diversity into a franchise to an absurdist degree. I have never seen so many women and people of color crammed into a formerly European-cast franchise. It was a constant distraction from the world and lore of Star Wars to have the demographics of the entire cast of characters upended for no good reason other than "diversity".
It doesn’t matter what I think, I’m not developing the game. I also never said I think they should change the gameplay. I’m also not twisting a vague comment into a rant about identity politics.

Why are you so threatened by having Asians or black people as inconsequential NPC’s? The original Star Wars was made with a predominately white cast because they shot the fucking thing in the pastiest country on earth. It’s laughable to think that in a galaxy filled with every type of creature you can imagine, there wouldn’t be people out there with some melanin. Green people? Fine. Black people? Fuck you and your forced diversity.

Honestly the more “arguments” that are presented here only validate my thoughts.

If it comes out that this game has some bizarre, shoe horned, progressive agenda then by all means, rage away. Until there’s any proof of that, being upset over the developers comments, which don’t indicate any such thing, is kinda pathetic.

You guys can continue turning red over nothing, I’m done with this absurd topic lol.

It doesn’t matter what I think, I’m not developing the game. I also never said I think they should change the gameplay. I’m also not twisting a vague comment into a rant about identity politics.

Cool. So it sounds like you don't think there's anything about gameplay that needs to be updated for modern audiences. I wonder what they meant by that comment, then.

Why are you so threatened by having Asians or black people as inconsequential NPC’s?

I never said that I was threatened by such. I said that the dramatic change of the humans' demographics from the original Star Wars lore to current day progressive culture is jarring and distracting. Feel free to attack what I said, but please do not tell me that I am "threatened" by something.

The original Star Wars was made with a predominately white cast because they shot the fucking thing in the pastiest country on earth.

A lot of Star Wars scenes were shot in Africa, actually. Do you have any actual evidence to support that the main and supporting cast members were selected based on where the movies were filmed otherwise (the UK)? The main cast (Ford, Fisher and Hamill) aren't even from that country.

It’s laughable to think that in a galaxy filled with every type of creature you can imagine, there wouldn’t be people out there with some melanin. Green people? Fine. Black people? Fuck you and your forced diversity.

I think you're either missing my point or being purposely obtuse. It isn't the presence of minorities that people are complaining about. It's the breadth and depth of their representation that is over the top. Have you played Squadrons? It's hilarious how almost every single character is a woman (women are pretty rare in most militaries), likely a minority woman, or a minority man.

I wouldn't read too much into it in terms of relating any social issue changes to the statement. They could just mean it's gonna have a bunch multiplayer modes, microtransactions, and will play more like a twitch shooter. Basically, what they tried to do with DS3. Everyone thinks that game failed because of the shoehorned half assed multiplayer and microtransaction components nobody wanted, but I'd wager EA likely thinks the opposite, and that it failed because they wasted half of their development efforts on a single player campaign.

EA is stubborn, does not learn quickly, and still wants more of your money once they've already sold you the game. Don't be surprised if it's just more of what you didn't ask for in DS3, and less of what you are expecting from a DS remake.

EA is stubborn, does not learn quickly, and still wants more of your money once they've already sold you the game. Don't be surprised if it's just more of what you didn't ask for in DS3, and less of what you are expecting from a DS remake.

There were rumors that EA sort of reversed course on their issues with single player games. Apparently Anthem bombing and Jedi Fallen order doing so well helped them come to that conclusion. Will see what happens when the game comes out. I'm sure the ME remaster doing way above their expectations has also helped.

There were rumors that EA sort of reversed course on their issues with single player games. Apparently Anthem bombing and Jedi Fallen order doing so well helped them come to that conclusion. Will see what happens when the game comes out. I'm sure the ME remaster doing way above their expectations has also helped.

Yeah, I've heard the same, but I'm not sure how much I believe it. I don't think one misfire, and one or two games surpassing expectations is gonna change the overall nature of their business model.

Why are you so threatened by having Asians or black people as inconsequential NPC’s? The original Star Wars was made with a predominately white cast because they shot the fucking thing in the pastiest country on earth. It’s laughable to think that in a galaxy filled with every type of creature you can imagine, there wouldn’t be people out there with some melanin. Green people? Fine. Black people? Fuck you and your forced diversity.

Honestly the more “arguments” that are presented here only validate my thoughts.

If it comes out that this game has some bizarre, shoe horned, progressive agenda then by all means, rage away. Until there’s any proof of that, being upset over the developers comments, which don’t indicate any such thing, is kinda pathetic.

You guys can continue turning red over nothing, I’m done with this absurd topic lol.

I had no idea people thought SJW antics was a problem in Star Wars. The problems with the new trilogy had nothing to do with shoehorned SJW stuff imo, I legit can't think of many really forced SJW things in those movies. Rose being an awful character has nothing to do with her being Asian, if anything I'm offended that the only Asian character they put in there was annoying af lol. Where there even a lot of black people in the new trilogy? I don't even remember too many and they managed to destroy Finn's character pretty fast. Maybe I'm the racist lol.

Also, I remember the hoopla about the lesbian kissing scene and before I watched the movie I made sure I was going to look out for it and to my surprise it was like a .5 second kiss that isn't even really emphasized at all.

I am not a fan of the virtue signaling and shit done by a lot of companies but at the same time I feel people get so angry over it whenever they are barely there.

Back