Deadlifts and milkshakes

I remember talking to a couple good trainers a while back and they told me that from their observations, women respond better to somewhat higher reps than men. I dont remember the exact rep range but I think it was 6-10 range. Additionally I am a big proponent of repetition effort which I think most people should do as part of their regular training. That's essentially why 531(among others) program is so effective. ME+RE=great results.

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to create another account if you've been banned. I could be bought off if the reward was nice...

Thanks DS, I think I'd have to agree with you. I am on another forum where there are much more women than on SnP and I am just going to copy their routine. Looks as though they started in the higher rep range as well and worked up to more weight/less reps.

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to create another account if you've been banned. I could be bought off if the reward was nice...

I'm pretty sure that moderators told me that I could start a new account. But do we really have to go into all of that again? I'd rather not.

Only pretty sure??

NewSkepticalCAT-2s.png

I am here to talk about training. If you have something you'd like to say to me that does not involve training, send me a private message and we can duke it out there. If you'd like to be supportive like the mature men on this forum, that would be greatly appreciated, if not...then feel free to avoid my log.

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelt like bacon."

Chin ups
5 x 4 PR

Went to a BB park today with friends and a dog.
Did sprints around field with 1 minute rests. Total of about 5 minutes. Finisihed going hard as I could. I felt sluggish from all the food I ate at a St. Patty's Day party last night...urgh corned beef, potatoes, desserts.

Had a wonderful week that ended kinda bad. Another guy brought in his dog and started wrestling with ours. They both were running towards me and landed on my leg while I was standing in an awkward position. Knee popped out and I felt horrible pain. Took some ibruprofen and am now icing it. It still hurts and I AM FREAKING OUT. No squats tomorrow I guess.
:icon_cry2

What do you mean by your knee 'popped out'? Was there a loud pop? Can you move your leg through full range of motion without pain? grinding sensation in the knee?

Try to elevate the knee as well.

What do you mean by your knee 'popped out'? Was there a loud pop? Can you move your leg through full range of motion without pain? grinding sensation in the knee?

Try to elevate the knee as well.

Yeah, it was a loud pop and was really painful...something I've never felt before in my life. The dogs hit my leg from the side so it felt like it popped out to the side...haha its really hard to explain, but it didn't feel like it ever popped back. It hurt to walk at first but now it is fine unless I put all of my weight on it. It hurts most when I'm sitting, like a pulsating feeling...could possibly be swelling up. I'm really scared that I hurt it bad. I have it elevated right on a comforter and am taking the ice on and off every few minutes.

That doesn't sound good at all. Definitely get an ace bandage or brace on there if you need to be up and around.

And ronin, while it seems strange to be recommending including some higher rep sets, do you forget the BBB assistance in 5/3/1 or Sheiko?

Yeah, I know, and I throw in a little higher rep stuff here and there too. It's just funny to see. Like I said, I know it's fitting for her goals and it's an effective training protocol in this context, but it caught me off guard I guess coming from the guy who suggested singles @ 90% of 1RM for my DL training.:icon_lol:

WC, take care of that knee. I know how tempting it is to push it and tempt fate. Get it better before you lift so you don't screw it up worse.

That doesn't sound good at all. Definitely get an ace bandage or brace on there if you need to be up and around.

Yeah I am a bit worried. Its still icing and I haven't moved my leg at all in the past hour. Hoping I wake up tomorrow and everything is fine. I haven't been to jiu jitsu in over a week and now this is going to hold me back even more. NOT HAPPY.

I dont want to alarm you but I'd get it checked out. It's possible that you tore your meniscus which is pretty much worst thing that you can do to your joints in the long term. I hope it's nothing this serious though.

*Already alarmed*

I looked at a picture of the anatomy of a knee, appears as though it is my meniscus. The pain is on the inside of my right knee...but hopefully I didn't hurt it too bad!

Dont do any more lifting and get it checked out because if there's a partial tear, it could get torn completely through. If it's a partial meniscus tear it's possible the docs could repair it. It's pretty bad if they need to cut a loose piece off.

Hope your knee is alright.

Not sure if you are an NIN fan but your log title reminds me of this song...

Nothing can stop me now 'cause I don't care anymore...

/random post

Don't mess around when it comes to the knee. Get it checked out.

Don't panic either. It could be you didn't tear anything and merely strained it.

Hope your knee is alright.

Not sure if you are an NIN fan but your log title reminds me of this song...

Nothing can stop me now 'cause I don't care anymore...

/random post

Lol...I do like NIN but thats not why I chose the title. It was more for days when I feel like giving up to remind myself that nothing can stop me from reaching my goals...besides a busted up knee lol

Devil and TA, my knee is actually a lot better. Thanks for the wishes, it actually barely even hurts today. Took a disgusting amount of cissus and ibruprofen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lessconaga
Back