DEBATE:I can not respect modern era fighters who spent most of their careers out of the UFC

As someone already said, nobody gives a shit about who you respect.

Dumb thread made by a dumb person.
Strikeforce, Pride, WEC, etc...
They all destroyed that fucking myth. Yes, UFC has the most talent, but there's still a ton of talent in other orgs.

For once I agree with you wholeheartedly. The only way to prove you are elite is to continually fight elite fighters in the ufc. Are there guys outside of it who could win a belt or contend in the octagon? Sure, but it’s a moot point because we can’t discern their level consistently when they aren’t fighting other elite fighters back to back.
“XYZ won 7 belts internationally!!”

yeah, and then couldn’t touch gold in the UFC.

I really wanted to care about your topic but I just can't do it.

I just can’t
There is no major promotion outside of the ufc nowadays (ie no strike force/WEC etc). If a fighter is worth their salt as a fighter they should have at least half of their career in the ufc or they are at best, b level fighters and don’t deserve the same level of respect that an A level ufc fighter deserves because the ufc has the best fighters in the world.

discuss?
Not much to debate here. Nobody cares what you think. Not even yo mama.

I just can’t
There is no major promotion outside of the ufc nowadays (ie no strike force/WEC etc). If a fighter is worth their salt as a fighter they should have at least half of their career in the ufc or they are at best, b level fighters and don’t deserve the same level of respect that an A level ufc fighter deserves because the ufc has the best fighters in the world.

discuss?
The best fighters are going where the money is. As far as looking at someones career today, I agree with what you said. However, as far as skilled fighters, you will find rising stars or equally skilled fighters in other organizations like in Europe and the eastern sides. MMA is growing but overall UFC is the top notch.

LOL this makes me think about Lance Palmer fighting in the PFL 2018 and 2019 tourneys and winning $1 mil each year. How many ufc fws have made that much in 2 years? What % of ufc fws will make $2 mil through their entire fighting career?

I just can’t

discuss?
Have you seen this fight that just happened, Barnet vs Rothwell? Are you really talk about UFC been the A level and has the best fighters in the world? Really?

As we just saw, that Barnette dude is clearly world class because after all he is in the UFC

Better than Fedor forsure

Back