Decent games for PS2?

Man looking back at this thread the PS2 was awesome.

1. Vice City
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Devil May Cry
5. Silent Hill 2 (loved it but couldn't play it again because it scared the shit out of me)

Shaolin Monks never seems to get any love. One of the best beat 'em ups of all-time.

It's a really good game. I was surprised after how bad Mythologies and Special Forces were.

Urban Reign is a good one too.

Rugby 08 is still the only rugby videogame I will play.

256px-Fight_night_round_2_neutral_cover.jpg

You see I do's what I choose on shiny twenty-two's
Be's what I please in brand new Bentleys
That's right stupid! Soon as they couped it, I went and scooped it
Now I'm on the move, on the move

I'm playing Onimusha for the first time on PS4. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.

What did they change?
The license board is completely overhauled. Now its job based and you can assign 2 jobs per character with unique boards. Graphics and you can also play at 2x and 4x speed

Sly Cooper series
Jak and Daxter series
Ratchet and Clank series
Yakuza 1 and 2
Def Jam Fight for NY
Bully
Prince of Persia series
Shadow of the Colossus
Red Dead Revolver
The Mark of Kri
Rise of the Kasai
The Warriors
Max Payne 1 and 2
Black

Last edited:
What did they change?

The license board is completely overhauled. Now its job based and you can assign 2 jobs per character with unique boards. Graphics and you can also play at 2x and 4x speed

Its based off the International Zodiac Job system version of the game Japan got in 2007, but allows you to have 2 jobs instead of one, they added speed boosters too for when you have to grind its a godsend. Also got a remastered soundtrack with some extra tracks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII#International_Zodiac_Job_System
International Zodiac Job System
An expanded version of the game, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, was released in Japan on August 10, 2007.[145] It includes twelve license boards (instead of the original game's one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The player can control guest characters and summons, and hold L1 to double the game's running speed. There is also a "New Game+" option, a "New Game- (minus)" option (in which characters do not gain experience), and a "Trial Mode" in which the player hunts monsters in 100 different maps to gain items and money. The game also includes the western version's English voices and widescreen 16:9 support, and a bonus DVD.[146][147][148]

Back