Deep Vein Thrombosis

If they caught it early enough you'll be on blood thinners for up to a few months but it's very treatable.

If they don't treat it, it's quite dangerous.

Risk factors include smoking tobacco, or sitting around for long periods of time (deskjob, trucker, stuck on long flights). Having had covid in the last few months also increases your chances of developing all kinds of blood clots.

Listen to your doctors and stay active once you're cleared to exercise.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Anyone had experience with this?

I'm moving around St Peters, SDEC wing, on crutches, awaiting a blood test.
Sorry to hear mate. Is that why you were complaining about your calf the other day? It thought maybe it was due to a muscle pull or Charley horse. Did the docs confirm the thrombosis? Are you in IV or anti-inflammatorys in the mean time??

My dad got it really bad. He knew something was wrong but kept putting it off until one day at work he just fell over and his leg wouldn't work.

Had to have surgery and all that, and the doctor said he was lucky he didn't die.

Not too familar, I try to stretch out when I'm relaxing and stay active but my cousin just had it last year. He broke his ankle and didn't move it much and ended up getting blood clots. I believe they gave him some meds in the hosptial that broke up the clots.

Sorry to hear mate. Is that why you were complaining about your calf the other day? It thought maybe it was due to a muscle pull or Charley horse. Did the docs confirm the thrombosis? Are you in IV or anti-inflammatorys in the mean time??

I think it was the start of it mate. I've been given Codeine for the pain and blood thinners for the treatment. I'm supposed to be taking them for three months.

I hope it's not the case @Wrath of Foamy

It is, but the lady did a scan of my torso and decided that I wasn't at risk of it going to my lungs. I have it around the back of the thigh, close to above the knee, and my affected area is my calf, which has swollen, is stiff, heavy and intensely painful.

My dad got it really bad. He knew something was wrong but kept putting it off until one day at work he just fell over and his leg wouldn't work.

Had to have surgery and all that, and the doctor said he was lucky he didn't die.

He must have been a tough motherfucker.

My calf constantly feels like it's been stuck in a vice and hit with a hammer. I'm off work for a week, but I really have to decide what to do about my return, because frankly, I left the hospital being pushed out by a nurse on a wheelchair, and I'm barely able to function on crutches.

I think it was the start of it mate. I've been given Codeine for the pain and blood thinners for the treatment. I'm supposed to be taking them for three months.

It is, but the lady did a scan of my torso and decided that I wasn't at risk of it going to my lungs. I have it around the back of the thigh, close to above the knee, and my affected area is my calf, which has swollen, is stiff, heavy and intensely painful.

He must have been a tough motherfucker.

My calf constantly feels like it's been stuck in a vice and hit with a hammer. I'm off work for a week, but I really have to decide what to do about my return, because frankly, I left the hospital being pushed out by a nurse on a wheelchair, and I'm barely able to function on crutches.

Well at least you know now and can get a treatment plan in place..

I hope you get better soon.

It's one of the things I hate about Sherdog, unexpected health scares.

ex fince fied when she thre a clot form one
0/10 do not reocmmmdne
7d606fd5a1dc0bad537138b0f5d901af.gif

I don't feel it right now but i've been having a weird "buzzing, tingling sensation" in my calf. feels like its the bone. idk

My mother has it
She got the laser surgery on her leg and she is a lot better now
They like zap the vein then it dies… or something like that

St Peter's Hospital in Chertsey?

Yeah, born, electrodes on the head as a kid, dad's massive operation fuck up and now me limping around like quazimodo on ecstasy...

Was almost nice to see the old haunt again, aside from the crippling pain and the fucked up lying on gurneys in the hallway...

Back