Deep Vein Thrombosis

I'm struggling.

I can keep somewhat comfortable when lying down, but the second I need to go to the bathroom, it's an event.

I hobble with my right leg partially bent and my left about a tenth bent, as the pain becomes rapidly unbearable when I stand. When I move forward, I jump off my right foot to bring it forward, position my foot ahead and repeat.

Two problems with it

- I'm 265lbs and putting the majority of my weight into one bent right leg, tires my quad quickly.
- My left leg is now dealing with knee and ankle issues.

As I worked at special assistance at Heathrow for seven years, I always tried not to talk down to those in need and to treat them with respect. This however? Puts it into an entirely different perspective.

I may have to cancel buying my first property. It was always going to be tight, solicitor fees are mad, but I may also have to cancel my return to work. I'll disappoint a lot of people as I already accepted the offer, but I think waiting another year mah be necessary.

It's probably the mild fever talking, but I don't have much of an appetite anymore, and I don't miss it. I do have a gym membership, though I haven't been for twenty days due to personal issues. I always went in hard, but I may just focus on bodyweight and not push myself hard anymore. Focus on flexibility instead.

I think that I might be done with gaming. I don't want to sit in the same place for hours anymore.

Hoping the thinning pills take effect sooner rather than later. Hoping the pain pills that I took a few hours earlier will lead me to a good night's sleep.

I don't feel it right now but i've been having a weird "buzzing, tingling sensation" in my calf. feels like its the bone. idk
Fuuuu, I used to have the same feeling too but it has gone away

Well at least you know now and can get a treatment plan in place..

I hope you get better soon.

It's one of the things I hate about Sherdog, unexpected health scares.
Yeah same. Speaking of which you remember poster @Bald1 ? I seem to recall something about bad health and he hasn't posted recently but used to be prolific and good poster, hope he's alright

I'm struggling.

I can keep somewhat comfortable when lying down, but the second I need to go to the bathroom, it's an event.

I hobble with my right leg partially bent and my left about a tenth bent, as the pain becomes rapidly unbearable when I stand. When I move forward, I jump off my right foot to bring it forward, position my foot ahead and repeat.

Two problems with it

- I'm 265lbs and putting the majority of my weight into one bent right leg, tires my quad quickly.
- My left leg is now dealing with knee and ankle issues.

As I worked at special assistance at Heathrow for seven years, I always tried not to talk down to those in need and to treat them with respect. This however? Puts it into an entirely different perspective.

I may have to cancel buying my first property. It was always going to be tight, solicitor fees are mad, but I may also have to cancel my return to work. I'll disappoint a lot of people as I already accepted the offer, but I think waiting another year mah be necessary.

It's probably the mild fever talking, but I don't have much of an appetite anymore, and I don't miss it. I do have a gym membership, though I haven't been for twenty days due to personal issues. I always went in hard, but I may just focus on bodyweight and not push myself hard anymore. Focus on flexibility instead.

I think that I might be done with gaming. I don't want to sit in the same place for hours anymore.

Hoping the thinning pills take effect sooner rather than later. Hoping the pain pills that I took a few hours earlier will lead me to a good night's sleep.
Feel for ya hope they get you on the mend to continue a long, pain-free life of homonership!

You probably have to take meds like warfarin for the rest of your life. Also wear a compression stocking. My friend had it when he was young due to genetic reasons. We used to tease him about his stocking but we were glad that he didn’t die.

Yeah same. Speaking of which you remember poster @Bald1 ? I seem to recall something about bad health and he hasn't posted recently but used to be prolific and good poster, hope he's alright

Feel for ya hope they get you on the mend to continue a long, pain-free life of homonership!

Yeah, you have to wonder when they just disappear, especially when very active..... Then a sudden stop.

I can't stand up for more than a few seconds anymore.

I can't even use crutches because of the pain.

I drag myself to the bathroom instead, slowly, on my arms and knees instead, lying flag when the pain caused by my toes bending onwards becomes too much. I've damaged the bath too, put a large crack in it where I thumped it four times.

I can't even get good advice on severe pain caused by it.

If I wasn't such a coward, I'd have killed myself over it.

Have you had a word with the doctor or nurse and see if there's anything better for the pain ?

Or are they just telling you to suck it up....

Come on mate, you can do this.

Hugs and kisses x.

Last edited:
Have you had a word with the doctor or nurse and see if there's anything better for the pain ?

Or are they just telling you to suck it up....

Come on mate, you can do this.

Hugs and kisses x.

This, they can give you a slow release fentanyl patch for the pain if it is genuinely that bad but don't be afraid to tell them if the pain is getting worse too many men do this and it's usually what gets us a lot of the time @Wrath of Foamy

This, they can give you a slow release fentanyl patch for the pain if it is genuinely that bad but don't be afraid to tell them if the pain is getting worse too many men do this and it's usually what gets us a lot of the time @Wrath of Foamy

I think I have to.

Considering what happens in the next few days, I may call 111 again.

Problem is that I'm at the top of a two storey flat. If I am butt-scooting to and from the bathroom, I'm not sure what I can do once I leave the front door. Might have to get an ambulance.

I think I have to.

Considering what happens in the next few days, I may call 111 again.

Problem is that I'm at the top of a two storey flat. If I am butt-scooting to and from the bathroom, I'm not sure what I can do once I leave the front door. Might have to get an ambulance.
If you are at the point you cannot even stand anymore, you need to go to the hospital. Now.

Obviously it's worse than originally thought and your pills aren't covering it. You can literally die. Stop being stubborn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back