Media Demetrious Johnson Says Dana Lied About his Contract. Was told "We do Not Give PPV Points to Flyweight Guys"

Demetrius was an exciting fighter but was way too nice of a personality. The problem was no one really cared about the guys he was beating. He was so dominant that people didn't care about the division. It wasn't developed then as it is now. Shit timing for him.
Champs typically get between $1-$3 per PPV, and that shouldn't have taken 8 defenses to get, regardless of anything else.

Didn't mighty mouse average like 180k buys or something when he headlined a card? They even made multiple of his defenses free tv... noone watched him fight to the point Dana was going to scrap the entire division.
What did nunes Average when she headlines a card?

Lots of champs who are not draws were treated better. Joanna had 5 title defenses and never headlined a PPV card, But she was more popular because they'd put her on the undercard of RDA/pettis or Stipe vs JDS, Or Mcgregor/Alverez. Shevchenko same thing.

They throw Mighty mouse to headline a PPV card with Dodson, Arlovski vs Mir as a co-main event like 10 years too late and wonder why he doesn't draw.

Lmfao...

What in the fuck? DJ has some of best finishes and performances in Flw history..

Your tripping
He has some of the best finishes in history period. People on the very forum talk about khabib and his “dominance” he is nothing compared to Mighty Mouse who would seldomly ever lose title fights and finish people with one second left just because. I think the two latest subs in ufc history are Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi and moraga. Took cejudos 0 with a brutal finish. One punch ko on joe B, suplex armbars…. He’s one of the goats for a reason

He has some of the best finishes in history period. People on the very forum talk about khabib and his “dominance” he is nothing compared to Mighty Mouse who would seldomly ever lose title fights and finish people with one second left just because. I think the two latest subs in ufc history are Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi and moraga. Took cejudos 0 with a brutal finish. One punch ko on joe B, suplex armbars…. He’s one of the goats for a reason
Lol khabib was extremely dominant too. No need to push him down to prop someone else up.

Esp when they are the undefeated undisputed retired as champion first ballot hall of fame coach of the year

Dana White didn't even financially support his elderly grandma who was living in a trailer park for 40 years, no chance he would care about some flyweight fighter

He even traded the GOAT flyweight for Ben Askren

To be fair, Askren generated a ton of interest in his fights during his short UFC tenure.

If I understand the way PPV points work (which I possibly don't), they don't even kick in until something like 250k buys, which I don't think MM ever did, so even if he had PPV points he wouldn't have actually ever got any money from them.

Your posts are consistently trash.
Fuckin guy defends the belt 8 times, and they paid some piece of shit fake wrestler that can't even fight more money.

DJ is probably the most skilled overall fighter in UFC history and you condone him getting fucked over.

What kind of "fan" shits on one of the greatest fighters that ever fought in MMA?
Oh thats right....you, smfh.
Fans like you are the reason Dana gets away with shit like this.... clown.

View attachment 1035775
I love that gif of Fedor looking at his watch !

Lol khabib was extremely dominant too. No need to push him down to prop someone else up.

Esp when they are the undefeated undisputed retired as champion first ballot hall of fame coach of the year
Mighty Mouse does not get the props he deserves, khabib gets all the props he deserves and thensome is really all I’m trying to tell you.
He fought mostly undermatched cans. UFC stuck him on FOX several times and he didn't draw. They stacked UFC 178 which he headlied and it didn't sell.
lol you’re a dumbass and most everything you said is wrong. (Except not drawing on fox) UFC 178 was supposed to be jones vs Gus 2, it was never billed to be headlined by Johnson. People lost interest in the event because the main event was a squash and it was never meant to be a main event also he did not fight under matched cans mostly, the few people he ever fought who were not worthy were swiftly or stylishly disposed of.

Demetrius was an exciting fighter but was way too nice of a personality. The problem was no one really cared about the guys he was beating. He was so dominant that people didn't care about the division. It wasn't developed then as it is now. Shit timing for him.
Even now it is still an awful division. Bantam is so much better that it is crazy those divs are just 10lbs apart.

If I understand the way PPV points work (which I possibly don't), they don't even kick in until something like 250k buys, which I don't think MM ever did, so even if he had PPV points he wouldn't have actually ever got any money from them.

That's not how it was at the time, it might be now though.
They didn't give DJ PPV points until his 8th title defense, which is ridiculous.

Johnson is a point fighter now?

I've heard it all.

Try watching a fight then making a comment, that's the last comment I'll ever see from you lol

Yea I would not call him a point fighter at all. I do think his division was just boring. Takes time for divisions to grow though and become interesting. I remember thinking the same about 135 early on in the WEC days and eventually it grew on me.

That's not how it was at the time, it might be now though.
They didn't give DJ PPV points until his 8th title defense, which is ridiculous.

From the anti-trust information, it was nothing up to 200k buys, then $1 per sale between 200k and 400k, $2 between 400k and 600k and $2.50 for anything above 600k

The 125 division is not more developed. Some might even argue it's less developed nowadays or at least about the same.

Here's todays top 10 flyweights in the UFC:

FLYWEIGHT​

ALEXANDRE PANTOJA​

CHAMPION​

PANTOJA_ALEXANDRE_12-16.png

1Brandon Royval
2Brandon Moreno
3Amir Albazi
4Kai Kara-France
5Matheus Nicolau
6Manel Kape
7Muhammad Mokaev