Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Kind of disappointed. I thought we were fighting the darkness itself and brand new enemies for the fall expansion. It looks like the fallen again and a large chunk of the new content is Destiny 1 content.

Kind of disappointed. I thought we were fighting the darkness itself and brand new enemies for the fall expansion. It looks like the fallen again and a large chunk of the new content is Destiny 1 content.

Yeah, Fallen again this time...but they did say we're getting "Darkness abilities" so I think we're going to start seeing a lot more of what the Darkness actually is. Perhaps the Pyramid Ships are just servants of the Darkness and not the Darkness itself. I'm going to stay optimistic for the time being as I love the road map and them being open. I'm also a fan of Luke Smith stating that he realized the FOMO was bullshit and it's his fault (in terms of Eververse). I'm going to give them some slack and see how they address all of this with the Fall expansion.

Ah, Bungie. The gift that keeps on giving. Sprinting is giving a lot of players problems because it's a toggle now. I've only had a few issues myself.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/256266263?sort=0&page=0&path=1

I haven't played yet since the update, but I'm going to try and hop on this evening. Reading that forum post you linked doesn't sound good about the sprint, but I'll give it a shot before I can offer any discussion either way.

Edit : Same story over at r/DestinyTheGame.

Looks like Bungie is looking into it as it seems to be universally hated. Maybe we'll see a patch in the very near future.

I haven't played yet since the update, but I'm going to try and hop on this evening. Reading that forum post you linked doesn't sound good about the sprint, but I'll give it a shot before I can offer any discussion either way.

Edit : Same story over at r/DestinyTheGame.

Looks like Bungie is looking into it as it seems to be universally hated. Maybe we'll see a patch in the very near future.

I played one crucible match and it wasn't pleasant. One opponent who was taking damage tried to jog away from me as I lit him up with my Last Dance. I know he was trying to sprint, but it wasn't happening, lol.

Some are saying that the Icarus Dash isn't working correctly either.

Some random thoughts:

- Beyond Light looks cool, really cool
- Fucking hell yes, Witch Queen in 2020, Savathun is going to go apeshit no doubt

But this new season is absolutely atrocious, apart from the umbral engrams, which I hope somehow become a staple. I always thought choice influencing your RNG is a good idea (just like in the Menagerie). But who the fuck signed off on that dumbass 'Gambit without any of the excitement' mode and expected us to play that garbage all summer long? Remember when people said Sundial was the stupidest, most boring thing ever? I bet those people feel pretty stupid now. Sundial was grindy, but my god, it was 10 times more engaging than 'Gambit: The Snooze Version' or last season's retarded Seraph Towers. Not making this game mode matchmade only adds insult to injury.

That being said, since I've been away so long there's plenty for me to dick around in and I still have no problem grinding strikes and nightmare hunts till I'm bleeding out of my ears cause that's just me haha. I get into this zone where I'm just mindlesly running those activities over and over, cause I just think they're... fun...

I do hope Bungie starts looking at games like Diablo and Path Of Exile for fun and "endless" gameplay, cause banking motes with a bunch of randoms, praying they have thumbs? That ain't it, Chief ...

Speaking of chiefs. Is it just me, or is Luke Smith more insufferable as the years go on haha?

Last edited:
So I've put in a few hours into the new season and so far I'm OK with it. The Gambit : Snooze event isn't all that engaging, but I like it better than Seraph Towers...which still isn't saying a whole lot. It's a simple, quick event, and it's much easier in terms of mechanics than Seraph Towers. So far I've done it 5 times and 3 of those times we completed the Heroic version, and I've enjoyed it more.

I'm not much of a fan of upgrading yet another kiosk...3rd season in a row where we're doing the same thing, but I am enjoying the story telling so far so I'm OK with it for now. Umbral engrams are great, but I'm already getting sick of getting the same shit over and over.

The "sprint glitch" everyone was complaining about is going to be fixed in a patch on Monday. Personally I actually like it better the way it is now as you don't have to keep on hitting the sprint button every time you hit the ground. I tried doing the 1020 Nightfall Ordeal as a 1008 and holy shit my team got wiped 3 times at the elevator. So now I'm just crushing bounties in "core playlists" to power up a bit.

Overall I'm pretty happy so far, but of course the monotony will set in soon enough.

Trials is cancelled for the weekend due to a bug which isn't allowing anyone to go to the Lighthouse. Wow!

On a positive note Trinity Ghoul (with the Catalyst) might just be the best PvE bow in the game. The catalyst allows for ANY arc kill to grant you a lightning arrow. So if you get a kill with the lightning arrow you immediately get another lightning arrow. If you get a kill with an arc heavy weapon you get a lightning arrow. If you get a kill with an arc ability you get a lightning arrow. I ran it yesterday while doing Altars of Sorrow and it was slaying ads like crazy. The catalyst makes that weapon shine!

Trials is cancelled for the weekend due to a bug which isn't allowing anyone to go to the Lighthouse. Wow!

On a positive note Trinity Ghoul (with the Catalyst) might just be the best PvE bow in the game. The catalyst allows for ANY arc kill to grant you a lightning arrow. So if you get a kill with the lightning arrow you immediately get another lightning arrow. If you get a kill with an arc heavy weapon you get a lightning arrow. If you get a kill with an arc ability you get a lightning arrow. I ran it yesterday while doing Altars of Sorrow and it was slaying ads like crazy. The catalyst makes that weapon shine!

That bow is absolute insanity now. Exactly how exotic guns should feel. And it uses primary ammo to boot as well. Well done, Bungo!

The Witherhoard ain't bad either. I want more of these weird cool exotics that have great utility.

I am interested in purchasing Destiny 2. I really enjoyed the first game (after it was fixed/DLC), and I want to play this game, but where should I start?

I can buy the 'Forsaken edition' which includes paid expansions 1 and 2; although, I am unaware of just how many paid expansions there are...

Is 'Beyond Light' the third?

I really want to try some raids and other fun things. Destiny was really good.

I am interested in purchasing Destiny 2. I really enjoyed the first game (after it was fixed/DLC), and I want to play this game, but where should I start?

I can buy the 'Forsaken edition' which includes paid expansions 1 and 2; although, I am unaware of just how many paid expansions there are...

Destiny 2 is free-to-play up to the Forsaken expansion and I'm pretty sure there's a couple raids in that portion of the game. As for expansions; if you went with the f2p version of the game you would have to buy the Forsaken expansion and the Shadow Keep expansion to have all the current content(other than the seasonal stuff they introduced with Shadow Keep). I haven't kept up with all the news they've put out recently but I believe Beyond Light in this years fall expansion.

While Destiny 2 is now "Free to Play" (what they are calling "New Light") the New Light experience is extremely poor. If you liked Destiny 1 then Destiny 2 is an amazing experience with all the updates / expansions. If you get the Forsaken bundle that will give you the base campaign, DLC's called Curse of Osiris and Warmind, and then the Forsaken expansion. It should also give you the current "Season Pass" called "Season of Arrivals."

With that bundle you'll have access to 2 large raids (base raid and the Forsaken raid) as well as least 2 smaller raid experiences called "raid lairs." This is an absolute ton of content and will give you a great feel for the game and what it has to offer. It also gives you the current season so you can get involved with the 4-season-long story arc currently in motion.

Bungie tried something a bit odd with the "New Light" experience and it didn't work out very well. The idea was that new players would be able to start playing with current players immediately. So they stripped out the campaigns and just allowed new players to start playing current content...raids, nightfall strikes, etc. It didn't work well because people were lost and had no idea what was going on in game, and didn't understand the "gameplay loop."

So I'd definitely buy the bundle and have a good time with the campaigns. Just my opinion of course.

I think Destiny will go down as the biggest "what could have been game" ever. I'm really not on board with them supporting the game for another 3 years, as it already feels dated in areas. The "we can't keep up with generating content" is frustrating. If you haven't been working on D3 this whole time, what have you been doing? Forsaken was amazing and season of Opulence was right there with it. Shadowkeep was meh in my opinion, and the seasons this year weren't worth coming back for.

Now its time for more "Hey get excited! More D1 stuff is coming back! We bet you can't wait to play the 3rd version of VoG!"

I think Destiny will go down as the biggest "what could have been game" ever. I'm really not on board with them supporting the game for another 3 years, as it already feels dated in areas. The "we can't keep up with generating content" is frustrating. If you haven't been working on D3 this whole time, what have you been doing? Forsaken was amazing and season of Opulence was right there with it. Shadowkeep was meh in my opinion, and the seasons this year weren't worth coming back for.

Now its time for more "Hey get excited! More D1 stuff is coming back! We bet you can't wait to play the 3rd version of VoG!"

I'm pretty befuddled myself about them being firm on no D3...why the hell not? They say they don't want to do it because they don't want to have all of their content spread out across 3 different games. They also go on to say that the game is too big right now, and they're going to have to remove ~50% of it. Then they want to bring back D1 raids? I'm sure it makes sense "behind the scenes" but to me it just seems very much like it's counter productive. And I agree with you about VoG...it was fun as hell the first time it was the main content, and I enjoyed the updated version during Age of Triumphs...but now they want to bring it back again? This really makes me feel like they are unable (or unwilling) to make NEW shit, and instead want to keep on reworking old shit over and over.

I like the 3 year timeline and that's great, but I'm very skeptical whether or not there's going to be enough fun content between these Fall expansions. I guess we'll have to wait and see...Destiny is still a fun game to play even with its quirks and frustrations.

So I didn't watch any video of the Xbox reveal thing that showed some of the stuff coming in the fall expansion, but people were saying the new subclasses let you build shit or something? I gotta crank 90s in Destiny?

Been playing alot of destiny 2 the last week. The dlcs are coming to game pass in september and beyond the light will be free on game pass as well. Its quite a lot of content for free.

Spent all day yesterday trying to get a couple exotics from banshee. Finally opened the quests and boy did i get shtomped. I suck at this game but its super fun.

Started playing this again recently. The lengths you have to go for some of the exotics are putting me off, though.

Started playing this again recently. The lengths you have to go for some of the exotics are putting me off, though.
Yeah some quests just keep going and going. It does produce a feeling of accomplishment when you finish one but its super grindy.

I played destiny 1 for a few hours. I got into destiny 2 during the start of the pandemic. Im already a lvl 65. Ive played as much of this game as possible. I love 1st person and the graphics look good in HDR 4k. I avoid the online play like i do corona. I have yet to also do any major raids. I cant wait for the new dlc. Ive ran through all the old ones.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49650

Next Gen Destiny launches December 8th

7pKj1ce.jpg

just started playing again this week, have not played since the move to steam. Been awhile but still kinda sick of the old strikes, thankfully there is at least one new one. Was interested in the new expansion (not shadowkeep) but with all the recycled shit they keep doing, i am going to wait for a sale.

Back