Dhea?

RemyR

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Im turning 36 soon and been doing combat sports for about 20 years. My old ass is definitely feeling like I’m slowing down compared to 10 years ago. Heard good things about metformin and dhea about anti-whining on a recent podcast but on the same podcast I’ve also heard metformin can actually have an adverse affect on athletic performance. Does dhea do the same?

If not, can anyone recommend a dhea supplement that actually has a CoA? I can’t find one and I’m pretty sketchy on buying supplements that don’t provide a CoA.

Berberine and Pregnenolone most definitely make a huge difference post 35 years old.

Yes. Most people I know prefer the pregnenolone.

I’ll give it a go then. Not gonna lie though I’m pretty wary of taking berberine or anything else that can affect blood sugar. In addition to BJJ I have a strenuous job and don’t want to take a possible hit on athletic performance.

Berberine and Pregnenolone most definitely make a huge difference post 35 years old.

What dose do you look at for pregnenolone?

I've used it twice over before (100 pill bottles up to 40mg), but had delivered 100 x 100mg so going to give that a shout to see what happens.

Never heard of berberine. Off to google I go.

Side note; OPer; was this was JRE and the david sinclair by any chance? His talk of metformin made me wonder as it is the second time he's been on. He does strike me as a bit...odd though, being he won't give references to suppliers to some generic compounds, but he, as a venture capitalist, will happily talk about the companies he has association with.

@Ian Coe yeah its from that recent JRE. Found it pretty fascinating and started to do some research myself. Berberine is a more natural type of metformin, it helps prevent insulin spikes which so far seems to be good for long term health. Currently it seems metformin affects athletic performance though so I’m not taking berberine.

Also 100mg seems like a massive amount. Then again though a company can claim 100mg and have it actually be some form of overall compound. Dhea and pregnenolone supplements doesn’t seem to be verified by 3rd parties like Labdoor.​

Sounds like just another toxic oral steroid. Read up on the sides of this... no thanks, have fun poisoning your liver.

@Ian Coe yeah its from that recent JRE. Found it pretty fascinating and started to do some research myself. Berberine is a more natural type of metformin, it helps prevent insulin spikes which so far seems to be good for long term health. Currently it seems metformin affects athletic performance though so I’m not taking berberine.

Also 100mg seems like a massive amount. Then again though a company can claim 100mg and have it actually be some form of overall compound. Dhea and pregnenolone supplements doesn’t seem to be verified by 3rd parties like Labdoor.​

Oh right. Will have a look and do some of my own research.

The manufacturer is life extension; https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item00700/pregnenolone which I believe has a solid reputation.

What dose do you look at for pregnenolone?

I've used it twice over before (100 pill bottles up to 40mg), but had delivered 100 x 100mg so going to give that a shout to see what happens.

Never heard of berberine. Off to google I go.

What the hell are you guys talking about here ?
English to a lay person please.

I don't know anything about berberine if that is what you are talking about?

The 100mg x 100 is just 100 tablets of 100mg dosage of pregnenolone.

Back