Dick / Not a dick

Given your reaction to anyone who says "not a dick," TS, I suspect your question is tendentious. Your conclusion is "yes, a dick" and you're looking for confirmation of that here. Though I suppose a post entitled "Agree with me that my friend is a dick" might garner fewer responses.

He's not a dick, but it is a bit weird that he didn't give you a call since you were staying at the same hotel and would have been leaving together.

Given your reaction to anyone who says "not a dick," TS, I suspect your question is tendentious. Your conclusion is "yes, a dick" and you're looking for confirmation of that here. Though I suppose a post entitled "Agree with me that my friend is a dick" might garner fewer responses.
I’m fine with people not thinking he’s a dick.
My contention is people saying I am blaming him which I am not.

It happened to me one time where I got up early and tried to call my friend to catch the bus to the airport,and he didnt pick up. We'd both partied hard and I knew he might be too dead to hear the phone. I got through to him after trying again,but tbh I wouldnt have tried much more. I got there, he knows what we are supposed to do. He's a grown ass man,aint his mother.

I wont say your friend's a dick. He tried. He had airport shit to do.

Also, it wasn't a coffee date, you were flying which is a pretty big deal. Yes, you should have been up and about on time but he set out to fuck you over.

So you're traveling together and he just takes off without you, in what world is that not being a piece of shit human being? Good on you all for proving that you are all assholes in this thread and aint nobody want to be your friend. Yes, OP made a mistake, but a friend doesn't just desert you for a mistake. Yall got me fucked up.

So you're traveling together and he just takes off without you, in what world is that not being a piece of shit human being? Good on you all for proving that you are all assholes in this thread and aint nobody want to be your friend. Yes, OP made a mistake, but a friend doesn't just desert you for a mistake. Yall got me fucked up.
Seriously. They were on a trip together and staying in the same place. All sorts of fucked up crap responses.

Honestly this is one of those situations where no one is wrong and both sides have a right to feel upset.

So yesterday I overslept and missed my flight which resulted in me being on standby and luckily getting the last seat on the last plane of the day 12 hours after the flight I missed.

The person I was traveling with only sent one text to see if I were awake, as we were meeting in the lobby of the hotel that morning to go to the airport, before he left.

He is someone I have known for 20 plus years and who I would consider a friend of mine although we socialize mostly through our profession but he had just invited me and another coworker to come to his house and barbecue.

I understand him leaving but I am kinda pissed that he didn’t at least try to call a few times as there was ample time to get to the airport.

Is he a dick for not calling me to make sure I woke up?
You’re an adult, and he’s not your dad. Why should he set aside time to try and wake you up like your his kid?

Not a sick move, chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

Dude I would even cancel your alarm...

No regrets
sith-lord.gif

You are responsible for yourself, obviously.

At the same time, if you had arranged to meet at a specific time at the hotel, and you didn't show up, your colleague absolutely should of gotten the hotel to call your room.

Back