Dick / Not a dick

Didn't read the entire thread with a fine tooth comb so forgive me for asking for things that were answered or saying contradicting things.

Your friend is not a dick IMO. He could be a dick under certain circumstances. Could he have done more? Sure. But it woulda been too late by then anyway.

Generally for work when people say meet at the lobby at let's say 8AM it means leave at 8AM. If you've booked a taxi then it is there waiting for you. We have no idea how tight of a window you guys gave yourself to travel to the airport. Maybe your friend was scared of being late or he was too preoccupied to worry about you. No one assumes someone would be late unless they show tendencies for being late. You weren't even late. You were a no show. He was probably shocked and surprised that you didn't show up at all. One text might have been all he had time for. Maybe he himself ran late.

But it is a friend so I would have told the cab to wait another 5 mins and I would have asked the front desk to call you. I still would have left your ass because you woulda been scrambling to get ready. I would have asked the friend how long it would take him to get ready and then ask the hotel to prepare another cab for you.

Last edited:
Didn't read the entire thread with a fine tooth comb so forgive me for asking for things that were answered already.

Your friend is not a dick IMO. He could be a dick under certain circumstances. Could he have done more? Sure. But it woulda been too late by then anyway.

Generally for work when people say meet at the lobby at let's say 8AM it means leave at 8AM. If you've book a taxi then it is there waiting for you. We have no idea how tight or a window you guys gave yourself to travel to the airport. Maybe your friend was scared of being late or he was too preoccupied to worry about you. No one assumes someone would be late unless they show tendencies for being late. You weren't even late. You were a no show. He was probably shocked and surprised that you \didn't show up at all. One text might have been all he had time for. Maybe he himself ran late.

But it is a friend so I would have told the cab to wait another 5 mins and I would have asked the front desk to call you. I still would have left your ass because you woulda been scrambling to get ready. I would have asked the friend how long it would take him to get ready and then ask the hotel to prepare another cab for you.
This is what I was waiting to say. How close was your meet time to the "we gotta leave now" time? I would have done alot more to check on my workmate if I wasn't about to screw myself over. If you were meeting up for the free breakfast and coffee before leaving for the airport, then yes he was a dick. If you were meeting up just before getting in the shuttle for the airport, then he was not a dick.

This is what I was waiting to say. How close was your meet time to the "we gotta leave now" time? I would have done alot more to check on my workmate if I wasn't about to screw myself over. If you were meeting up for the free breakfast and coffee before leaving for the airport, then yes he was a dick. If you were meeting up just before getting in the shuttle for the airport, then he was not a dick.
We were meeting two hours before the flight boarded and the airport is 30 minutes away from the hotel. Plenty of time. I don’t even care that he left. The not attempting to call me while he was in the car to the airport is dickish.

So yesterday I overslept and missed my flight which resulted in me being on standby and luckily getting the last seat on the last plane of the day 12 hours after the flight I missed.

The person I was traveling with only sent one text to see if I were awake, as we were meeting in the lobby of the hotel that morning to go to the airport, before he left.

He is someone I have known for 20 plus years and who I would consider a friend of mine although we socialize mostly through our profession but he had just invited me and another coworker to come to his house and barbecue.

I understand him leaving but I am kinda pissed that he didn’t at least try to call a few times as there was ample time to get to the airport.

Is he a dick for not calling me to make sure I woke up?

he's definitely not a dick, but i think most people would have at least called once. though ultimately, it is your fault.

So yesterday I overslept and missed my flight which resulted in me being on standby and luckily getting the last seat on the last plane of the day 12 hours after the flight I missed.

The person I was traveling with only sent one text to see if I were awake, as we were meeting in the lobby of the hotel that morning to go to the airport, before he left.

He is someone I have known for 20 plus years and who I would consider a friend of mine although we socialize mostly through our profession but he had just invited me and another coworker to come to his house and barbecue.

I understand him leaving but I am kinda pissed that he didn’t at least try to call a few times as there was ample time to get to the airport.

Is he a dick for not calling me to make sure I woke up?
He’s definitely a dick
My guess is you’re going to catch a bunch of flack about personal responsibility but fuck all that noise
Always remember that a fat man can’t tell you about taking care of themselves
A lazy man can’t tell you about the grind
A sherdogger can’t tell you about the ball at the back of a pussy
Stay strong

We were meeting two hours before the flight boarded and the airport is 30 minutes away from the hotel. Plenty of time. I don’t even care that he left. The not attempting to call me while he was in the car to the airport is dickish.
Plenty of times I've been away with colleagues and we've woken up hungover and discombobulated. You don't stitch someone up unless you want to embarrass them and have lame gossip to tell other colleagues back at the office. You were in the same hotel and work for the same company, he's a c word. I wouldn't do it to someone. I think the worst I've done was take the do not disturb sign off a colleague's door after partying until the early hours. Which they found funny.

He intentionally stitched you up.

So what has the fall out been @emefer ?
There hasn’t been any. I haven’t spoken to him since that day. We don’t work for the same company but we were on the same job that week.
I won’t be taking the invite to go over to barbecue at his house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back