Did Costa lose all his confidence after the Izzy fight?

I think Luke would have beat him if he didn't gas so bad. Costa was very unimpressive and got the default win in this weird fight, just due to being slightly less exhausted.

Luke is a former champion and a tremendous fighter in his own right, it’s not Costas fault that Luke decided to show up with the right mindset for once. Costa didn’t look great, but I wouldn’t write his career off based off that performance.

I think he actually lost it BEFORE the fight. Hence getting hammered the night before and turning up hungover .... getting beaten and sexually assaulted only confirmed his fears.

He reclaimed his hairline. Dude is coming to fuck everyone

You're acting as if beating an old, washed, fat, off the juice, while fighting a weightclass up, Johnny Hendricks is some kind of noteworthy win for a big MW whos supposed to be champ material.

He is starting to gain it back a little.
Yoel on the other hand...he done. But he's 50 so

Izzy screwed Costa's brains out so bad on live TV for millions/billions to watch, to the point where Costa has gone crazy.

Still wondering what happened to the Costa that steamrolled through Hendricks & Hall when they were in their prime.
That version of Costa would've murdered Rockhold.
Now I'm believing he can't even get past Hermansson.
If he fought Chris Curtis, I would place a large bet on Curtis instead of Costa.

Similar to Aldo after Conor took his soul.

israel-adesanya-izzy.gif

well ,this happened and you cant get over this easily

Stay off grinder bud. I know you enjoy that sort of thing.

he cracked under the pressure of the izzy fight. nerves got the best of him. he probably went into depression afterwards.

i'm not sure how much he trains but it doesn't seem like he has improved at all since he has been in the ufc. just the same fighter. he is an awesome personality though. don't judge him by the luke fight. both guys were gassed from the altitude. If anything the luke fight showed he shoudn't have problems going 3 rounds normally at his size.

Paulo has improved a bit, especially his Boxing but he doesn't train as professionally as you would think. Paulos main gym is at his brother BJJ gym and his brother is his head coach lol. Then they hire some local Boxing coach and bring in a wrestling coach from Cejudos team.

At the level Paulo is fighting at, this is a pretty ridiculous unprofessional set up. Wanderlei has publicly criticized him about this before. Supposedly Paulos been saying he might move to Vegas. Lets hope thats true because with a real mma coach behind him I think Paulo can still challenge for belt again.

You're acting as if beating an old, washed, fat, off the juice, while fighting a weightclass up, Johnny Hendricks is some kind of noteworthy win for a big MW whos supposed to be champ material.
TS must be trolling with that one.
I'd also add that he didn't really "steamroll" through Hall, Hall was actually having a lot of success in that fight with keeping the distance with his jab and even had Costa on wobbly legs at one point.

I just want to remind everyone that this is the same guy most of you swear Khamzat is scared to death of. <45>

So many people forget that the Costa vs Rockhold fight was at high altitude and sooo many fighters gassed early.

Not sure on confidence but more seems like he takes very little seriously.

It works well for him.

Manlet Hendricks was a prime 185lb win for costa?

Back