International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

UPDATE

- Citizen journalist and Lawyer Chen Qiushi, was documenting what was happening in Wuhan in early 2020.

- In Feb 2020 he mysteriously 'disappeared'.

- Chen has just remerged after 600 days m.i.a . HE says he can not talk about what happened to him

-----

Chinese Citizen Journalist Who Documented Covid-19 in Wuhan Resurfaces After 600 Days
Chen Qiushi, whose viral videos offered a rare view from the coronavirus epicenter, reappeared on Twitter and YouTube but offered few details of his disappearance

SINGAPORE—A Chinese citizen journalist whose viral videos offered an unfiltered early glimpse of the Covid-19 outbreak as it consumed the city of Wuhan has resurfaced more than 600 days after he went missing.

Chen Qiushi, a lawyer and self-styled citizen journalist, disappeared in February 2020 after he had spent roughly two weeks at the epicenter of what would later become a pandemic, publishing videos that were often wrenching in their portrayal of the fear and confusion that gripped the locked-down city of 11 million. Mr. Chen’s friends and family have said that they believe he was forcibly quarantined by state security officials, despite displaying no symptoms of illness.

Mr. Chen re-emerged Thursday with a short appearance on a friend’s live video feed on YouTube and a letter posted to his account on Twitter.

“Over the past year and eight months, I have experienced a lot of things. Some of it can be talked about, some of it can’t,” read Mr. Chen’s letter. “I believe you understand.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chines...n-wuhan-resurfaces-after-600-days-11633077956

UPDATE

- Citizen journalist and Lawyer Chen Qiushi, was documenting what was happening in Wuhan in early 2020.

- In Feb 2020 he mysteriously 'disappeared'.

- Chen has just remerged after 600 days m.i.a . HE says he can not talk about what happened to him

-----

Chinese Citizen Journalist Who Documented Covid-19 in Wuhan Resurfaces After 600 Days
Chen Qiushi, whose viral videos offered a rare view from the coronavirus epicenter, reappeared on Twitter and YouTube but offered few details of his disappearance

SINGAPORE—A Chinese citizen journalist whose viral videos offered an unfiltered early glimpse of the Covid-19 outbreak as it consumed the city of Wuhan has resurfaced more than 600 days after he went missing.

Chen Qiushi, a lawyer and self-styled citizen journalist, disappeared in February 2020 after he had spent roughly two weeks at the epicenter of what would later become a pandemic, publishing videos that were often wrenching in their portrayal of the fear and confusion that gripped the locked-down city of 11 million. Mr. Chen’s friends and family have said that they believe he was forcibly quarantined by state security officials, despite displaying no symptoms of illness.

Mr. Chen re-emerged Thursday with a short appearance on a friend’s live video feed on YouTube and a letter posted to his account on Twitter.

“Over the past year and eight months, I have experienced a lot of things. Some of it can be talked about, some of it can’t,” read Mr. Chen’s letter. “I believe you understand.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chines...n-wuhan-resurfaces-after-600-days-11633077956

I'm shocked they let him live hoenstly.

The furin cleavage site (FCS) of SARS-CoV-2 (R685) is located at the exactly same location as the manually inserted FCS of SARS-CoV-1 (R667) in at least two studies
1f447.svg
https://pnas.org/content/106/14/5871 and https://sciencedirect.com/science/articl

It is just too strange to me that this virus appeared right next to a lab that creates these virus', put out contracts to fix their vent system days before satellite imagery picked up heavy activity around their hospital, put out a contract to fix their computer system at the same time, took their entire data base offline with no warning, lied about keeping live bats, lied about creating more deadly versions of the virus, paid members of the WHO investigative team and especially the lead investigator who never investigated fully. I'm sure I'm forgetting a detail or two as well. I'll edit when they come to mind.

How is any intelligent person suppose to think this was anything other than a lab leak and that China tried to cover it up?

It is just too strange to me that this virus appeared right next to a lab that creates these virus', put out contracts to fix their vent system days before satellite imagery picked up heavy activity around their hospital, put out a contract to fix their computer system at the same time, took their entire data base offline with no warning, lied about keeping live bats, lied about creating more deadly versions of the virus, paid members of the WHO investigative team and especially the lead investigator who never investigated fully. I'm sure I'm forgetting a detail or two as well. I'll edit when they come to mind.

How is any intelligent person suppose to think this was anything other than a lab leak and that China tried to cover it up?
People can’t stand to think opposite of the official narrative, it’s too psychologically demanding and you’re liable to get punished for it.

People can’t stand to think opposite of the official narrative, it’s too psychologically demanding and you’re liable to get punished for it.
It's because Trump was verbally attacking China heading into an election and the left saw it as an opportunity to point out how he is a racist and conspiracy theorist. Now that the election is over this is no longer considered taboo. Funny how that works

We will be told this is not actual evidence.

The new narrative is.....we will never know the truth for sure.
Ya they conveniently just started doing millions of tests before covid was even known to be a thing to the rest of the world

Well well two years and you motherfuckers are still talking about this bullshit… still think it’s about a virus lol..

Ya they conveniently just started doing millions of tests before covid was even known to be a thing to the rest of the world

More nonsense

Timing the SARS-CoV-2 index case in Hubei province

"Our results define the period between mid-October and mid-November 2019 as the plausible interval when the first case of SARS-CoV-2 emerged in Hubei province, China. Our results also refute claims of large numbers of patients requiring hospitalization because of COVID-19 in Hubei province before December 2019."

[Science]

Covid was probably circulating in China in summer/autumn 2019, I have absolutely no doubt about it.

It was probably in Europe winter 2019, sewage results support this. It was probably just labelled pneumonia or flu deaths, as nobody knew to look for anything else.

More nonsense

"Our results define the period between mid-October and mid-November 2019 as the plausible interval when the first case of SARS-CoV-2 emerged in Hubei province, China. Our results also refute claims of large numbers of patients requiring hospitalization because of COVID-19 in Hubei province before December 2019."

[Science]
It falls flat with a tiny bit of critical thinking. If there were enough cases to cause a detectable increase in PCR tests 7 months before person to person transmission, we'd have had a massive wave occuring worldwide. Not shocking that the war room denizens eat it up in tweet format with no citation.

More nonsense

[Science]
It falls flat with a tiny bit of critical thinking. If there were enough cases to cause a detectable increase in PCR tests 7 months before person to person transmission, we'd have had a massive wave occuring worldwide. Not shocking that the war room denizens eat it up in tweet format with no citation.
Do explain why they were buying up the tests then, enlightened ones.

“No actual citation” is actually real easy to find.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nths-before-first-known-covid-cases-firm-says

Do explain why they were buying up the tests then, enlightened ones.

“No actual citation” is actually real easy to find.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nths-before-first-known-covid-cases-firm-says
Did you read the article?

On large purchase by the army airborne hospital in May, then a lot of nothing, then a couple purchases by Wuhan disease control in September for the military world games, and then November WIV bought equipment. Not exactly a smoking gun, friend, especially not to claim evidence of an epidemic virus in May

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back