International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

Did you read the article?

On large purchase by the army airborne hospital in May, then a lot of nothing, then a couple purchases by Wuhan disease control in September for the military world games, and then November WIV bought equipment. Not exactly a smoking gun, friend, especially not to claim evidence of an epidemic virus in May
By itself, maybe. When you add it to the GOF, China not cooperating with world investigations, China lying about death totals, doctors being locked up, so on and so forth…. Ya. It was made in the Wuhan lab.

Did you read the article?

On large purchase by the army airborne hospital in May, then a lot of nothing, then a couple purchases by Wuhan disease control in September for the military world games, and then November WIV bought equipment. Not exactly a smoking gun, friend, especially not to claim evidence of an epidemic virus in May

The pattern of their increased purchases goes back to 2015, so they definitely need more than that. Although there's no doubt authorities in Hubei were aware of Covid and downplaying it, numerous doctors came forward on that. There were actually less purchases by the WIV and hospitals in 2019 than previous years, the massive increase was from universities, the CDC and animal testing bureau.

1633427278-615c1f4eeef6a.jpg

Big Pharma Worked with UN to Develop and Release COVID-19 Ahead of Great Reset

-
FAUCI, BRIGHT, AND DAZEK CAUGHT WARGAMING COVID VIRUS AND MRNA VACCINE ROLLOUT

-

Learn the Secret of the Great Reset Build Back Better Agenda

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruv
It falls flat with a tiny bit of critical thinking. If there were enough cases to cause a detectable increase in PCR tests 7 months before person to person transmission, we'd have had a massive wave occuring worldwide. Not shocking that the war room denizens eat it up in tweet format with no citation.

Many of us in CA believe we caught it in Oct/Nov 2019

Many of us in CA believe we caught it in Oct/Nov 2019
Hard to parse with evidence at the time though, one example is PCR on thousands of seasonal flu-like sicknesses in the Pacific northwest that was part of public health monitoring to see what kind of viruses were going around - no SARS-COV-2.

By itself, maybe. When you add it to the GOF, China not cooperating with world investigations, China lying about death totals, doctors being locked up, so on and so forth…. Ya. It was made in the Wuhan lab.
China also hid evidence of how feral the wild animal trade was in Wuhan though, to the point the WHO was parroting 'there was no active wildlife trade in Wuhan'. It turns out the markets were so full of various viruses, swabs from walls in the markets were absolutely chockers at an unheard of level.

Being the biggest city in central China, Wuhan was a hub for vector animals from 1000km+ in every direction. By your 'if there's enough smoke there's fire' logic they are also suppressing a proof positive zoonotic origin.

The only thing the pattern of suppression they exhibit over everything COVID related needs to be parsimoniously explained is that the Chinese government are obstinate assholes.

Although there's no doubt authorities in Hubei were aware of Covid and downplaying it, numerous doctors came forward on that.
An increase in PCR equipment over time might seem mysterious and nefarious for the same reasons that the scientific interest in gain of function research in the area does, and that bill gates and Fauci both predicted 'the big one' i.e. pandemic recently - since all happened before a pandemic virus (not implying u)

They all make perfect sense though if one realises that the writing actually was on the wall for the next big one for anyone paying attention, same reason the US military held pandemic wargames not long before COVID-19. The PCR machines do a lot more than test for COVID of course, exponential growth in sales to the Uni is exactly what you'd expect from a university in a rapidly growing economy and research sector.

Ah- I quoted you to ask what the earliest doctors were coming forward and talking about surpressed knowledge of a virus, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't May.

With this PCR story the slight of hand being attempted is 'There was an increase in suspicious PCR purchases before COVID was announced! All the way back in May!...except May purchase was a large isolated event apparently and has an explanation that isn't COVID. Then there's Oct with an explanation. November... isn't hard to believe. But the tactic is why people roll their eyes when they hear the latest lab leak bombshell is being announced. If they were solid bombshells, the clickbait element probably wouldn't be necessary.

Hard to parse with evidence at the time though, one example is PCR on thousands of seasonal flu-like sicknesses in the Pacific northwest that was part of public health monitoring to see what kind of viruses were going around - no SARS-COV-2.

All I know is damn near everyone I know in OC were seriously sick in late September to Early 2020 with what everyone thought was a very weird and very strong flu.

An increase in PCR equipment over time might seem mysterious and nefarious for the same reasons that the scientific interest in gain of function research in the area does, and that bill gates and Fauci both predicted 'the big one' i.e. pandemic recently - since all happened before a pandemic virus (not implying u)

They all make perfect sense though if one realises that the writing actually was on the wall for the next big one for anyone paying attention, same reason the US military held pandemic wargames not long before COVID-19. The PCR machines do a lot more than test for COVID of course, exponential growth in sales to the Uni is exactly what you'd expect from a university in a rapidly growing economy and research sector.

Ah- I quoted you to ask what the earliest doctors were coming forward and talking about surpressed knowledge of a virus, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't May.

With this PCR story the slight of hand being attempted is 'There was an increase in suspicious PCR purchases before COVID was announced! All the way back in May!...except May purchase was a large isolated event apparently and has an explanation that isn't COVID. Then there's Oct with an explanation. November... isn't hard to believe. But the tactic is why people roll their eyes when they hear the latest lab leak bombshell is being announced. If they were solid bombshells, the clickbait element probably wouldn't be necessary.

I don't know when they first started noticing cases, but Li Wenliang wasn't detained for informing people of Covid until January 2020.
I'm not talking about the lab leak theory, which has no evidence I'm aware of other than the fact there's a lab in Wuhan investigating potential bat coronavirus pandemics.
I'm just talking about the well established fact that the Chinese suppression of information (specifically downplaying the risk of human to human transmission) hampered the response to the pandemic. Compounded by the WHO policy of not recommending travel bans, precisely because they think it'll lead to countries failing to report pandemics early due to the economic impact of doing so.

All I know is damn near everyone I know in OC were seriously sick in late September to Early 2020 with what everyone thought was a very weird and very strong flu.
I don't doubt you there easily could have been, there's all kinds of flu-like shit that can come in a wave. This is the data from that community monitoring data around Seattle I mentioned, the Rhinoviruses are mostly common cold but notice how different things are dominant in each of the two years and the seasonality changes.
J4NQJTF5MRHZ5JXG5FJWK6B5IE.png

What I'm saying though is if there was an early COVID ripping through OC, and lets say it hadn't mutated yet to be lethal which is why the hospitals weren't full of old people that early — if it was that contagious that everyone in the OC area was getting it, it still would have made it to the Seattle area and been detected

I don't doubt you there easily could have been, there's all kinds of flu-like shit that can come in a wave. This is the data from that community monitoring data around Seattle I mentioned, the Rhinoviruses are mostly common cold but notice how different things are dominant in each of the two years and the seasonality changes.
J4NQJTF5MRHZ5JXG5FJWK6B5IE.png

What I'm saying though is if there was an early COVID ripping through OC, and lets say it hadn't mutated yet to be lethal which is why the hospitals weren't full of old people that early — if it was that contagious that everyone in the OC area was getting it, it still would have made it to the Seattle area and been detected

But it was not detected in CA. You can't really detect what you do not know.

Also, on a side note. My wife was incredibly sick Oct to Dec. Went to urgent care 3 times. Took an influenza test twice and came back negative both times.

I don't know when they first started noticing cases, but Li Wenliang wasn't detained for informing people of Covid until January 2020.
I'm not talking about the lab leak theory, which has no evidence I'm aware of other than the fact there's a lab in Wuhan investigating potential bat coronavirus pandemics.
I'm just talking about the well established fact that the Chinese suppression of information (specifically downplaying the risk of human to human transmission) hampered the response to the pandemic. Confounded by the WHO policy of not recommending travel bans, precisely because they think it'll lead to countries failing to report pandemics early due to the economic impact of doing so.
Yeah no argument here.

I'm just pointing out the difference between SARS-CoV-2 being known and suppressed starting in May, (which the PCR non-story is handwaving at), and let's say hypothetical solid evidence of suppressed knowledge of it starting a month earlier than is official (the first mysterious pneumonia onset announced - albeit after the fact - was Dec 9th I think), which would push back the known origin to November — is HUGE. That 7 month gap is the same as how long it took for the US to go from the first known case, a guy returning from Wuhan, to 170,000 deaths.

I wonder about travel bans, Australia did well of course, since they locked down hard after the border closed. The US was cooked IMO once they had detected a single case - there's just no way they would have gone along with a hard enough lockdown, by the time the first case was detected, several more were already in the country and near exponential spread was about guaranteed.

I guess in an ideal world, there would be rapid testing and transparent reporting as soon as the weird pneumonia was reported and definitely any evidence of community transmission, then the borders could be closed preemptively and/or people returning from the area could be intercepted and quarantined, but I imagine the powers that be might also be resistant to that idea while times are good.

Yeah no argument here.

I'm just pointing out the difference between SARS-CoV-2 being known and suppressed starting in May, (which the PCR non-story is handwaving at), and let's say hypothetical solid evidence of suppressed knowledge of it starting a month earlier than is official (the first mysterious pneumonia onset announced - albeit after the fact - was Dec 9th I think), which would push back the known origin to November — is HUGE. That 7 month gap is the same as how long it took for the US to go from the first known case, a guy returning from Wuhan, to 170,000 deaths.

I wonder about travel bans, Australia did well of course, since they locked down hard after the border closed. The US was cooked IMO once they had detected a single case - there's just no way they would have gone along with a hard enough lockdown, by the time the first case was detected, several more were already in the country and near exponential spread was about guaranteed.

I guess in an ideal world, there would be rapid testing and transparent reporting as soon as the weird pneumonia was reported and definitely any evidence of community transmission, then the borders could be closed preemptively and/or people returning from the area could be intercepted and quarantined, but I imagine the powers that be might also be resistant to that idea while times are good.

I take it you read the actual report?
I didn't find their explanation for the increases from 2015-2018 and why it didn't apply to 2019 convincing.
It's hardly the first time Internet 2.0 has made the news for their critique of China though. "Ex" Army Intelligence and Canberra based "advisors" that they are.

What you must consider is that China is a dictatorship that will never except foreign intervention in internal affairs.

Even if they were completely innocent, they would NEVER let foreigners get such access into their country that isn't controlled. They're deathly afraid of giving up power and foreigners, and especially giving up power to foreigners by allowing them to do real investigations on their soil. This is the same regime that starved maybe 45 million of their own people and did not accept any foreign aid to ease the famine.

This is dictatorship 101, so while the motive seems to be there, this actually is not out of character for China. This is not something they are uniquely paranoid about. They're paranoid about everything.

It's crazy that our lifetime human ritual of seasons changing, temperatures adjusting ect...and a "sniff" will cause me to become "experiencing symptoms" for the second fall/winter season. As a result regardless of testing results, I'll be required to be out of the office "quarenteening" for 2 weeks.

But it was not detected in CA. You can't really detect what you do not know.

Also, on a side note. My wife was incredibly sick Oct to Dec. Went to urgent care 3 times. Took an influenza test twice and came back negative both times.
Well, you can detect what you don't know, you just need to sequence the samples, and then you'd get similarity to known viruses from a database, and get 'SARS-like coronavirus - 70ish% identity' for this one.

But to your point, the Seattle Flu study didn't do that, they only sequenced influenza samples so you are right that they wouldn't have detected SARS-CoV-2 many months early, unless they later retested archived samples but I don't know if they did.

Given a test for influenza coming back negative, it's not that curious, as the graph above demonstrates, 'flu' symptoms can actually be one of like 8 different virus families that aren't influenza. Waves of weird waves of respiratory viruses aren't that rare.

What the Seattle Flu study does say about COVID though - they started testing Jan 1st, before the first case was known in the US, tested ten thousand samples through till March, and the first community transmission they detected was in Feb 24 - it was actually the first known community transmission in the US. But no cases prior to that - it just doesn't fit with any widespread COVID being in the US long before the 'official' date. And if it was widespread in the OC autumn 2019, as transmissible as it is and as much travel there is interstate, it would have been widespread in Seattle by January.
370_571_f3.jpeg

They then sequenced the SARS-CoV-2 genomes from the hundreds of samples recovered, and based on mutation patterns, found that they all cluster as if they came from a recent common ancestor from overseas right around the official introduction time into the US - doesn't fit with an earlier presence in the country.

370_571_f1.jpeg

https://www.science.org/lookup/doi/10.1126/science.abc0523

Last edited:

The pattern of their increased purchases goes back to 2015, so they definitely need more than that. Although there's no doubt authorities in Hubei were aware of Covid and downplaying it, numerous doctors came forward on that. There were actually less purchases by the WIV and hospitals in 2019 than previous years, the massive increase was from universities, the CDC and animal testing bureau.

1633427278-615c1f4eeef6a.jpg
Pretty sure the PCR tests extract and amplify DNA as well as diagnose presence of HPV, COVID, etc.

Also pretty sure the esoteric purpose of testing the world via PCR for COVID is a scheme to quantify DNA worldwide.

Obviously genomic testing for family tree shit has been around for a while, but the owners of the equipment and this data were unsatisfied with the rate with which humanity was taking them up on this offer of service, hence the global blast of a reason to get all involved with giving up their DNA-encapsulating fluids.

Not sure if any media/social media/researcher person has gone down this path of research, but it's becoming more clear to me as time goes on.

If true, we need to posit what the purpose of this quantification is in order to have a cunt hair's chance in hell of opposing it, if necessary.

*edit*
Out of likes, please sirs don't bant me for not liking yer posts :cool:

Had the same experience here. Two of my colleagues at the time were hospitalised in Nov-Dec 2019, with severe flu-like symptoms. Many of my clients' offices were filled with sickly folk, constantly reinfecting one another.

Had the same experience here. Two of my colleagues at the time were hospitalised in Nov-Dec 2019, with severe flu-like symptoms. Many of my clients' offices were filled with sickly folk, constantly reinfecting one another.
The first diagnosed case was Jan 2020 in CA. There is zero doubt it was here before then.

Breaking News

- Banal-52, a virus found in bats in Laos is purported to be genetically the closest to Sars-Cov-2 (96.8% similarity) . Until the exsistence of Banal-52 was uncovered, the virus with the greatest genetic similarity to Sars-Cov-2 was in bats in Yunnan China.

- Leaked emails between EcoHealth Alliance and US gov. funding agencies show that viruses were collected in Laos and sent to Wuhan

- Matthew White Ridley (aka Viscount Ridley) who co-authored the book "Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19" states:

“Banal-52 is not close enough to be the progenitor, it's still not the smoking gun, but it's pretty good. So maybe this virus started in Laos, not China. Interesting possibility.

“But we got a leak of a document showing that the EcoHealth Alliance was sampling bats in Laos.

“They say in the document that because it would be complicated to come back and ask the US Government for permission to give some of the grant to a Laotian lab, they’d like to send all these samples to a lab that can analyse it for them. It was in a place called Wuhan.

“So the outbreak happened in a city with the world’s largest research programme on bat-borne coronaviruses, whose scientists had gone to at least two places where these Sars-CoV-2-like viruses live.”

Article behind a paywall, so reload page and hit stop almost immediately after reloadinig. If you let the page finish reloading, you won't see the full article.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-wuhan-laboratory-covid-outbreak-emails-show/
----
Highly plausible scenarios:

1) The virus escaped from the lab, while the Wuhan scientists were studying it.
2) Wuhan scientists did gain-of-function on Banal-52, and this modified virus escaped the lab

I am still amazed that neither the Trump admin nor the Biden admin raided the offices of EcoHealth Alliance, brought Peter Daszak before Congress and the FBI hasn't taken him in for questioning.

Edited to remove claim Banal-52 was sent to the Wuhan lab.

Last edited:
Back