• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

Ok you got me there. I will edit the O.P.
There is no solid proof Banal-52 was at the Wuhan lab, only a very very high possibility it was.

Well. Can't confirm when China wiped their records in Sept 2019

It's like they knew what was coming...

But if we're discussing fun CT theories. I have NO issue believing that China was planning to secretly release this virus somewhere in the west...

But accidently released upon themselves first. There's definitely circumtantial evidence that the outbreak had already started late 2019 before the Wuhan Doctor emailed out that there was new virus in circulation... And we know what the CCP did to that guy.

We'll never for sure exactly what happened in Wuhan, because China will do everything possible to keep the truth from coming out.

If nothing suspicious is going on, then why did EcoHealth recently deny there were bat samples from Laos when it is now clear from the leaked documents that there was.

I dont really know the background to that tweet, but there have been a lot of things that have been read as suspicious or improper practice without really adding to the origin of the virus. None of the virus samples from Laos could have been the direct ancestor to sars-cov-2 (and therefore ruling out experimentation or accident), but their discovery adds to the understanding of how the virus evolved.

I dont really know the background to that tweet, but there have been a lot of things that have been read as suspicious or improper practice without really adding to the origin of the virus. None of the virus samples from Laos could have been the direct ancestor to sars-cov-2 (and therefore ruling out experimentation or accident), but their discovery adds to the understanding of how the virus evolved.

Holy shit... Had no idea you were a virus expert.

Please go on...

No (as yet found) naturally occuring virus is an exact match for Sars-Cov-2.
BUT....Banal-52, the virus from Laos is the closest yet.
And....EcoHealth Alliance gathered bat viruses in Laos and sent them to Wuhan
And....EcoHealth Alliance has a close relationship with the Wuhan Lab.

No (as yet found) naturally occuring virus is an exact match for Sars-Cov-2.
BUT....Banal-52, the virus from Laos is the closest yet.
And....EcoHealth Alliance gathered bat viruses in Laos and sent them to Wuhan

Banal-52 is very close, but still not close enough

Banal-52 is very close, but still not close enough

I don't know what % would be considered close enough, 99% ? 98% ?

Banal-52 may very well be a red herring in the search for the origin of Sars-Cov-2. It could be the Lab was messing with another coronavirus that became Sars-Cov-2 or it could be the Lab accidentally or intentionally created Sars-Cov-2 using Banal-52 as the base virus.

Whatever the case may be the fact that Banal-52 is the closest match yet and the lab was sent Laos bat viruses by EcoHealth warrants mention. EcoHealth didn't want to study the virus in Laos because they thought they wouldn't get US government funding agency approval, so they sent them to Wuhan. Awfully coincidental that the outbreak happens in Wuhan.

This argument is silly. We are never going to find this exact match, because the final product was engineered in that lab. And that lab is not going to admit to creating it.

Banal-52 may very well be a red herring in the search for the origin of Sars-Cov-2. It could be the Lab was messing with another coronavirus that became Sars-Cov-2 or it could be the Lab accidentally or intentionally created Sars-Cov-2 using Banal-52 as the base virus.

Whatever the case may be the fact that Banal-52 is the closest match yet and the lab was sent Laos bat viruses by EcoHealth warrants mention. EcoHealth didn't want to study the virus in Laos because they thought they wouldn't get US government funding agency approval, so they sent them to Wuhan. Awfully coincidental that the outbreak happens in Wuhan.

And that the CCP has disappeared the Wuhan Scientist who is believed to be patient zero.

Seems to be a reoccuring theme with China.

"Don't worry World... Here's an email from her saying she's doing great and don't believe any theories that COVID came from the Wuhan Lab."

lol...

Yeah it really is like 99% and above..thats how they figured out that civets were involved in the SARS 1 outbreak (99.8%). Speaking of which, there is also another possibility you know...

Yeah it really is like 99% and above..thats how they figured out that civets were involved in the SARS 1 outbreak (99.8%). Speaking of which, there is also another possibility you know...
The possiblity it was a lab leak is higher than the possibility it was a natural spillover.

Now I know others will disagree, but I feel the lab leak is more plausible for a number of reasons, some of them are:

- coincidence of the virus coming from the city where the first BSL 4 lab was built
- Chinese government has been stonewalling and refusing to aid in the investigation
- Peter Daszak tried to dismiss the hypothesis the virus may have leaked from the lab but never disclosed his conflict of interest.
- Even the Chinese government said the wetmarket was not the source.
- Peter Daszak stating it would be easy to modify coronaviruses.
- The host or intermediate species has not yet been found.

Probably leaked when someone snucked it out of the lab and attempted to hand the virus over to their contact at the wet market. The Chinese attempted to intervene at the market and it spilled over into the public.

Probably leaked when someone snucked it out of the lab and attempted to hand the virus over to their contact at the wet market. The Chinese attempted to intervene at the market and it spilled over into the public.

Leaked Wuhan photo....

james-furler-barbasolcan-render-08.jpg

And China has done everything possible to cover it all up...

Even blaming other nations and suggesting the outbreaks started somewhere else.

tg3frzz1kku51.png

Maine was one of the last places in the country to really get hit by covid. Maybe we have partial immunity from all the lobsters we eat.

The possiblity it was a lab leak is higher than the possibility it was a natural spillover.

Now I know others will disagree, but I feel the lab leak is more plausible for a number of reasons, some of them are:

- coincidence of the virus coming from the city where the first BSL 4 lab was built
- Chinese government has been stonewalling and refusing to aid in the investigation
- Peter Daszak tried to dismiss the hypothesis the virus may have leaked from the lab but never disclosed his conflict of interest.
- Even the Chinese government said the wetmarket was not the source.
- Peter Daszak stating it would be easy to modify coronaviruses.
- The host or intermediate species has not yet been found.

I think this goes back to reading into certain things as evidence of a lab leak when they may really be evidence of something else; an example might be Chinese political posturing. Something may yet emerge that would link the lab to the virus but its looking less and less likely as time passes. Truth be told the suspicion of a lab leak will never go away, irrespective of how much is evidence is gathered from habitat sampling. The pandemic is such a seismic event that there will always be room for a conspiracy, (which at this point what it would be).

So the implication is that a virus in Laos jumped from bats to humans on it's own? Or is the OP merely speculating about the place where the virus was originally harvested from nature for lab experimentation? Because I'm convinced that this was in a lab at some point and was deliberately evolved to be more dangerous and then either escaped through incompetence or was released deliberately.

Whichever is the case I hope everyone realizes just how epically stupid bioweapons are now. It's not just that you can cause mass death, but that there is no controlling it and you will inevitably do harm to your own people.

Back