Did Duffee just want out?

How are you guys so sure that his eye wasn't actually scratched or injured? Lot of internet tough guys here tonight.

No watering, no blinking, no evidence of discomfort whatsoever.

They gave him time. Doc was happy to let it go, nothing to do with us being tough as opposed to calling shit out when we see it.

If your opinion differs you're welcome to it.

Todd "Cheick" Duffee was getting demolished

Sad that he was a Sherdogger. I mean, he was a couple inches shorter than most of us but I had hopes for him

Yeah, first fight after 3 yeara!!! Yeah, cut a viable heavyweight. Hes a name that fought overeem and mir.

You dont cut named heavyweights. Give him a few shots Vs. Up and comers....he wins he stays.....loses, u get anexciting fight and u build a prospect with duffee's namw.

Duffee has value
He's as viable as ice cream in an oven.

Nothing to see here.

Given the past history and Duffy's criticism of the UFC in the run up I would be beyond shocked if Dana doesn't fire him for this pathetic display.

Doctor looked at him and saw nothing wrong. He was actually about to leave the cage until the referee told him he claimed he saw double.

Exactly. There isn't a single person including Duffee who doesn't know what 'I see double' means. It means I can't fight. Stop the fight for me.
Whether or not the injury was real - I doubt it, but the quitting isn't in question. He quit.

That was pathetic, no other way to put it. He quit, and looking at his face post fight it was written all over him..he knew it. Four years in the making and you quit when the going got tough. He's gotta live with that. Uncle Dana will be sending him packing for that shitshow.

Ben Rothwell looked good.

giphy.gif

I don't know what happened there but both guys looked like sloppy bums as long as the fight lasted. Duffee legitmately was never actually any good, I know that's kind of a meme on here but it applies perfectly to him. He was a body and nothing else, now that he lost the body he's just a generic sloppy HW brawler like anyone else. He looked so slow

cut this bum out,"i want time" ,get the hell outthere
u ever get a finger dug in ur eye in a fight? … I agree most fighters would've went on but its still bullshit in a ring. anytime I get in a fight and we are grappling for sure im sticking a finger in ur eye, no time for that shit lol

Referee: 5 minutes are up. Are you ready to fight?
Duffee: But I'm seeing double.

Doctor: No abrasions -- eye checks out fine. You ready to go?
Duffee: But I'm seeing triple.

Coach: Get back in there, champ! Just hit the one in the middle.
Duffee: But I'm seeing quadruple.

It looked like he punched himself out, then realized he didn't finish the opponent and there's 7.5 minutes left in the fight and decided it was better to take a NC than a L.

u ever get a finger dug in ur eye in a fight? … I agree most fighters would've went on but its still bullshit in a ring. anytime I get in a fight and we are grappling for sure im sticking a finger in ur eye, no time for that shit lol

Given that you can't spare a finger in order to write "your" instead of "uR" I'm willing to bet I'd be safe from pokes in the Octagon from you.

Yeah, first fight after 3 yeara!!! Yeah, cut a viable heavyweight. Hes a name that fought overeem and mir.

You dont cut named heavyweights. Give him a few shots Vs. Up and comers....he wins he stays.....loses, u get anexciting fight and u build a prospect with duffee's namw.

Duffee has value
How do you actually justify keeping him because he's a name that fought two actual good HWs. He fought Overeem and Mir and lost to both in the first round so who cares?

And plenty of heavyweights with much more popularity have been cut.

How is he viable if he hasn't fought in years and quit during the very first round of his comeback fight?

He was winning, so no. Health is nr1 priority

Back