Social Did Kristi Noem ruin her political future?

Do you agree with Kristi’s actions?

• Yes, just goat though

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Otherwise known as 98% of the population of the US and for all intents and purposes, almost the entire electorate.

I.e. the people whose opinion actually matters.

There is a difference between (a) not lying about reality and (b) needlessly volunteering information nobody asked for which you know your audience does not possess the context to properly understand.

In case it wasn't clear from the responses from everyone else in the thread, doing the latter, means you're an Grade A moron.

Yea, I don’t have a strong opinion on her putting the dog down, but these were my points as well. First, most people won’t ever get the full context of her words, and even if they did, most these days simply cannot relate to something like this, even if it is normal in a farm, or even normal for most people a few decades ago. So just stupid to volunteer putting something out this in the public.

Especially with how partisan politics are these days, and how little, out of context things can be weaponized.

Apparently the dog was only 14 months.

In my experience, full grown but not totally mature.

I thought 14 months also, could be wrong. Dunno if you saw my post, but I am pretty sure in the book she says one of the last straws was it killed someone else’s chickens. Not sure how hard behavior like that is unlearned through training.

Isn't the "hard nosed, independent, country woman" her brand though?
I don't know anything about the woman, but that's the impression I got from her tweets.

Yes, it is her brand. It is funny because she is not that well known outside of being anti-lockdown and a big supporter of Trump. This book coming out was kind of supposed to be her extended introduction to the public and test waters with book sales to see if she has any sway to be VP to bring in white women voters.

What a swing and a miss

I thought 14 months also, could be wrong. Dunno if you saw my post, but I am pretty sure in the book she says one of the last straws was it killed someone else’s chickens. Not sure how hard behavior like that is unlearned through training.
Here is a piece with more information.

After obtaining a copy of No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward ahead of its publication next month, the Guardian reported that Noem wrote she shot dead Cricket, a 14-month-old dog she had intended to train for hunting pheasant, after the canine ruined a hunt, killed another family’s chickens, and moved to bite her.

Noem said Cricket had an “aggressive personality” and was “untrainable,” per the Guardian’s report. Noem took Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs to try to teach the canine, but Cricket went “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life.”

She said she called Cricket, then used an electronic collar to try to control the dog. On the way home, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and killed the chickens of a local family, who Noem compensated. The dog then “whipped around to bite me,” the politician wrote.

After that, Noem said, “I realized I had to put her down.” She led Cricket to a gravel pit and shot and killed the dog.

Noem also killed a male goat that she said was “nasty and mean,” smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid,” and “loved to chase” her children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes. She also killed the goat in the gravel pit, although it reportedly took two shots.

Noem said she told the story about Cricket to show that in politics and life, she was willing to do what was “difficult, messy, and ugly” if it was necessary.

Obama killed thousands of people with drones while he was President. those are facts, however inconvenient they may be for you. do you really think no pets were caught as "collateral damage" in all those drone strikes? not to mention all those pets who were waiting for their owners to come home and that never happened because Obama murdered their owners.

some goldfish is just swimming around in its little world and then in a blink it is dead because Obama fired a missile at the house. should the goldfish be held responsible because the person who bought them may or may not have been a terrorist? The Jesus I worship would say NO

but some conservative woman brutally murders her dog for being kinda annoying and suddenly she is a monster? where is the consistency?

the way you're crying about obama just to try to justify murdering innocent puppies, one would have to think that obama killed your puppy. did obama kill your puppy? or maybe trump did? you know people are saying that molestini cheetolini launched more drone strikes than obama, and zesto molesto was only in office for 4 years until the american voters kicked him to the gutter, but if i was really sincere in discussing these issues instead of just deflecting to try to defend a bunch of puppy-killers i would take my crying into the threads dedicated to obama or orange cosby's drone strikes.

the whataboutisms and mental gymnastics we have to put ourselves through to defend the murders of innocent puppies. how sad. i bet we wouldnt be doing the whole chuddy chuddy spinny spinny if this puppy killer worn a blue hat now would we?

Last edited:
I was thinking that a bad dog story didn't workout for Mitt Romney when he ran for President. I don't know how the S. Dakota's governors story will go down. Off the top of my head I know a lady who had her young husky dog put down due to fears he would bite people. She had a young son at the time. Seemed extreme to me at the time with what she did. I thought the dog should have been turned over to an animal adoption agency. But I found myself in the minority with that opinion.

Here is a piece with more information.

After obtaining a copy of No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward ahead of its publication next month, the Guardian reported that Noem wrote she shot dead Cricket, a 14-month-old dog she had intended to train for hunting pheasant, after the canine ruined a hunt, killed another family’s chickens, and moved to bite her.

Noem said Cricket had an “aggressive personality” and was “untrainable,” per the Guardian’s report. Noem took Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs to try to teach the canine, but Cricket went “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life.”

She said she called Cricket, then used an electronic collar to try to control the dog. On the way home, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and killed the chickens of a local family, who Noem compensated. The dog then “whipped around to bite me,” the politician wrote.

After that, Noem said, “I realized I had to put her down.” She led Cricket to a gravel pit and shot and killed the dog.

Noem also killed a male goat that she said was “nasty and mean,” smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid,” and “loved to chase” her children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes. She also killed the goat in the gravel pit, although it reportedly took two shots.

Noem said she told the story about Cricket to show that in politics and life, she was willing to do what was “difficult, messy, and ugly” if it was necessary.

Thanks, I think it was that TIME article passage screen captured that I saw last night. If the dog has a history of that behavior, I could see putting it down. But I still think most people won’t relate. I have only had lap dogs that aren’t really trained outside of “sit”, “paw”, etc, so I really have no clue how it is to train dogs actually capable of being useful, and if that behavior is worth putting them down over.

Yea, I don’t have a strong opinion on her putting the dog down, but these were my points as well. First, most people won’t ever get the full context of her words, and even if they did, most these days simply cannot relate to something like this, even if it is normal in a farm, or even normal for most people a few decades ago. So just stupid to volunteer putting something out this in the public.

Especially with how partisan politics are these days, and how little, out of context things can be weaponized.

Yes, it is her brand. It is funny because she is not that well known outside of being anti-lockdown and a big supporter of Trump. This book coming out was kind of supposed to be her extended introduction to the public and test waters with book sales to see if she has any sway to be VP to bring in white women voters.

What a swing and a miss

i hate to agree with the cottage cheese chud on anything but he makes a fair point here. i guess the murder of puppies is where these people draw the line.

i hate to agree with the cottage cheese chud on anything but he makes a fair point here. i guess the murder of puppies is where these people draw the line.

I did thoroughly enjoy Rolling Stones describing putting down the rancid goat that smells as a summary execution

I was thinking that a bad dog story didn't workout for Mitt Romney when he ran for President. I don't know how the S. Dakota's governors story will go down. Off the top of my head I know a lady who had her young husky dog put down due to fears he would bite people. She had a young son at the time. Seemed extreme to me at the time with what she did. I thought the dog should have been turned over to an animal adoption agency. But I found myself in the minority with that opinion.

Mitt strapped his dog in a carrier to the roof of his car and it took a runny shit that ended up dripping down the back window. This is a lot funnier than killing your dog cuz it got the zoomies during a hunting trip and I don’t think he ever used it as an example of his strong leadership lol

I did thoroughly enjoy Rolling Stones describing putting down the goat as a summary execution

i like the articles where they describe bears as being "destroyed" every time some cops or conservation officers have to put down a nuisance bear around here.

they could have probably found a better, less insensitive and more humane word to best describe what happened to the bear, but they always go with "destroyed" every single time. for some reason it gives me a giggle. they didn't just kill the poor bear. they destroyed the fucking thing!

Thanks, I think it was that TIME article passage screen captured that I saw last night. If the dog has a history of that behavior, I could see putting it down. But I still think most people won’t relate. I have only had lap dogs that aren’t really trained outside of “sit”, “paw”, etc, so I really have no clue how it is to train dogs actually capable of being useful, and if that behavior is worth putting them down over.
I train dogs. Some can be more aggressive or neurotic like this one seemed to be.

Shock collars are bullshit for training.

I can't imagine how she thought including that would help her politically. No, bitch, it doesn't show that you're willing to make difficult decisions, it shows that you have no idea who the electorate are. Putting down animals yourself is how it generally works on farms when they harm other animals or try to harm people, but only 2% of the country are farmers, while the rest are more likely to have their pets sleep in their bed or throw them birthday parties and buy them sweaters, or say "oh, he's just a big baby" when their pitbull mauls a toddler.

Was pretty easy to see coming that democrats would post pictures of their pets posing for a portrait, right before popping over to another presser declaring it the most important issue of the day to legally execute your children if they get in the way of your clubbing schedule, and old Grey Gums Gretchen was on it immediately.

That dogs name?

America.

We need a strong politically incorrect leader like Kristi do the needful and put this rabid country down for good.
Somebody is already holding joes beer…

Shock collars are bullshit for training.
I agree. I trained 2x hunting dogs for retrieving and pointing. When researching how to train myself to train the dogs, I noticed the difference between old and modern techniques is stark. I did not use an e-collar and I am satisfied with the results.

Last edited:
Obama killed thousands of people with drones while he was President. those are facts, however inconvenient they may be for you. do you really think no pets were caught as "collateral damage" in all those drone strikes? not to mention all those pets who were waiting for their owners to come home and that never happened because Obama murdered their owners.

some goldfish is just swimming around in its little world and then in a blink it is dead because Obama fired a missile at the house. should the goldfish be held responsible because the person who bought them may or may not have been a terrorist? The Jesus I worship would say NO

but some conservative woman brutally murders her dog for being kinda annoying and suddenly she is a monster? where is the consistency?

If people kept their dogs in the same condition that most goldfish are, they'd be arrested for animal abuse.
Goldfish are the most abused pet on the planet. A goldfish doesn't belong in a bowl, it doesn't only grow to the length of the tank they're in, and should live 20+ years.

When you keep a goldfish in a bowl, you're doing the same thing as putting a dog in a box they can barely move, while smoke is getting pumped into the box constantly.
Next time you go to Petco or Petsmart, take a look at the fish wall. 95% of those fish will be improperly cared for, and will die a painful and early death.

It's rarely the dog's fault. It's the owner who has issues.

Animal abusers are losers.

If people kept their dogs in the same condition that most goldfish are, they'd be arrested for animal abuse.
Goldfish are the most abused pet on the planet. A goldfish doesn't belong in a bowl, it doesn't only grow to the length of the tank they're in, and should live 20+ years.

When you keep a goldfish in a bowl, you're doing the same thing as putting a dog in a box they can barely move, while smoke is getting pumped into the box constantly.
Next time you go to Petco or Petsmart, take a look at the fish wall. 95% of those fish will be improperly cared for, and will die a painful and early death.
I'd say the large majority of people don't understand what it takes to properly care for fish. They go into a big box store and their kids ask them for fish. They buy them that day and toss them in a tank of water that has no cycled filter that is probably too small for the fish to begin with. Then if the fish survive the cycle, the tank probably never gets water changes or cleaned properly then the family gets bored until it gets neglected to death.

As far as this topic goes of the dog, fucking rehome the thing if it doesn't fit your lifestyle or what you want out of the dog. To shoot a perfectly healthy dog (that isn't a threat to people, ie hasn't attacked anyone) is terrible. This should disqualify her with pretty much every dog owner in my opinion.

Back