Did Mayweather steal his villain persona from an obscure wrestler?

So many pro rasslin' fans up in here. It's got me dry heaving. Not that I didn't enjoy it when I was a little squirt. Just kinda outgrew it. Quickly.
I was a fan up to 12, the fact that it was so obviously fake and that my stepdad would argue when I'd state that didn't help. Yes, we know they are athletes that pay as high a price as anyone, it's still fake, the damage is real, the fights are predetermined.

for whatever reason, native americans have always been huge fans of wrestling, elvis and bingo. I really don't know why. I suppose the pageantry of wrestling and the flash of Elvis hearken back to an older time for us and as for bingo, they say we had all sorts of gambling games before the european came over and made us stop so maybe that's it. Either way, only Elvis will do for me. Not wrestling or gambling.

I was a fan up to 12, the fact that it was so obviously fake and that my stepdad would argue when I'd state that didn't help. Yes, we know they are athletes that pay as high a price as anyone, it's still fake, the damage is real, the fights are predetermined.
I liked it until it got a bit too cartoonish. Around the time the Undertaker showed up. It just got too silly.

I had a friend who wouldn't hear the "wrestling is fake talk". He really thinks its real, to this day. Its so weird because he's not a dumb person but he just won't have it when you tell him its BS.

I liked it until it got a bit too cartoonish. Around the time the Undertaker showed up. It just got too silly.

I had a friend who wouldn't hear the "wrestling is fake talk". He really thinks its real, to this day. Its so weird because he's not a dumb person but he just won't have it when you tell him its BS.
My stepdad was pretty far gone too, "some of it's fake but the rest is real". No, the athletic ability is real, the injuries are real and maybe even some of the character traits are real sometimes too because normal people don't go around choking dropping chumps like Belzer. What gets me is how they avoid serious, serious injuries for years if any old thing can set them off like a pencil neck news man. We're all vulnerable to pretty much the same things so I don't get how the unstable personalities manage to not kill each other. Jimmy Snuka was a real life murderer after all and yet, Playboy Buddy Rose once lauded him as one of the best to ever do it because he wouldn't hurt anyone. just a contradiction.

The one brother in Bigger Stronger Faster sustained a very serious injury from some wrestler who interpreted him as being disrespectful in a supposed work, apparently that was the injury that set him off on the drugs that took his life. He offended some wrestler who thought he was getting too big for his britches.

Dang, I didn’t know the law and order guy got his head split open by Hulk Hogan. Haha

I’m learning all kinds of stuff in this thread.

Dang, I didn’t know the law and order guy got his head split open by Hulk Hogan. Haha

I’m learning all kinds of stuff in this thread.
yup, and he played it off in the moment but greed or pride or both got the better of him and he went on the news shows playing it up for the suit he won. Really dumb for T and Hogan to do. From what I know about those guys, neither were genuinely bad men. Maybe the fame went to their heads.

yup, and he played it off in the moment but greed or pride or both got the better of him and he went on the news shows playing it up for the suit he won. Really dumb for T and Hogan to do. From what I know about those guys, neither were genuinely bad men. Maybe the fame went to their heads.
Idk. Dude looked like he was out of it when he got up. It was pretty reckless of Hulk Hogan to have done that.

I didn’t watch wrestling growing up my younger brothers did, so I’m not familiar with any of this, crazy stuff.

Idk. Dude looked like he was out of it when he got up. It was pretty reckless of Hulk Hogan to have done that.

I didn’t watch wrestling growing up my younger brothers did, so I’m not familiar with any of this, crazy stuff.
he was but he still managed to make it lighthearted somewhat. You can't come out of a choke without being a bit woozy at least. Like I say, I don't know what gets into guys. I asked my mma trainer about how NOT to kill someone doing a choke as i was worried about hurting someone back when I did security. He puts me in a carotid choke and I tap but he keeps holding it until I go limp. Well, I learned firsthand how it feels if nothing else and I did get my question answered, he seemed not to be a fan of the choke that goes against the larynx and told me that's the one that kills people. Both of them could kill people obviously but I was always worried about busting a larynx or something. Anyway, I wouldn't agree with his approach to showing shit and I think it's major reason most of his students pulled shit like that and the reason i didn't want to learn that way. A good choke is fairly harmless, other stuff can leave a man changed for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
he was but he still managed to make it lighthearted somewhat. You can't come out of a choke without being a bit woozy at least. Like I say, I don't know what gets into guys. I asked my mma trainer about how NOT to kill someone doing a choke as i was worried about hurting someone back when I did security. He puts me in a carotid choke and I tape but he keeps holding it until I go limp. Well, I learned firsthand how it feels if nothing else and I did get my question answered, he seemed not to be a fan of the choke that goes against the larynx and told me that's the one that kills people. Both of them could kill people obviously but I was always worried about busting a larynx or something. Anyway, I wouldn't agree with his approach to showing shit and I think it's major reason most of his students pulled shit like that and the reason i didn't want to learn that way. A good choke is fairly harmless, other stuff can leave a man changed for the rest of his life.
I was specifically talking about just dropping him after he was out. Dude smacked the crap out of his head.

I guess Hogan was used to getting bounced around like a ragdoll and didn’t think he would hurt that poor skinny fella, because it never hurt him. Well hopefully that’s the reason. Otherwise, it was a straight up, cruel and punkish move.

I was specifically talking about just dropping him after he was out. Dude smacked the crap out of his head.

I guess Hogan was used to getting bounced around like a ragdoll and didn’t think he would hurt that poor skinny fella, because it never hurt him. Well hopefully that’s the reason. Otherwise, it was a straight up, cruel and punkish move.
definitely, the drop was dangerous, people die like that all the time, dumb move by hogan, dumb, dumb, dumb

Back