Economy Disney cancels construction of new campus near Orlando due to politics

I was.

I said going after a private corporation for following requirements in other states was authoritarian.

I wasn't up to speed on how accurate the reporting was, but if it was, it was an authoritarian action.
Good on you for being consistent. I held my stance as well.

Good on you for being consistent. I held my stance as well.

I never followed this closely. and kind of assumed if it was true it was probably just signaling and he would never actually follow through.

The problem with that charitable benefit of the doubt is that threats are still authoritarian.

Oh I suppose Disney is responsible for this and the great way DeSantis handled covid too

While Disney is obviously not employing the whole state of Florida, I think it's importance is being underestimated. Disney is world famous and people from around the world will come to the park. There's only 2 parks in America, and it's the reason that people will drive cross country or fly with their families to Florida. If they just wanted to go to the beach, there are better places for that with less herpes.
The presence of Disney brings people in so that they would go explore other parts of the state and shop and stay at hotels around Florida.

While Disney is obviously not employing the whole state of Florida, I think it's importance is being underestimated. Disney is world famous and people from around the world will come to the park. There's only 2 parks in America, and it's the reason that people will drive cross country or fly with their families to Florida. If they just wanted to go to the beach, there are better places for that with less herpes.
The presence of Disney brings people in so that they would go explore other parts of the state and shop and stay at hotels around Florida.

When I was a kid my family went to Florida twice.

While we were there we went to a half dozen places, but if Disney hadn't been there we would never have gone. All those other places owe a chunk of the dollars we spent to Disney.

When I was a kid my family went to Florida twice.

While we were there we went to a half dozen places, but if Disney hadn't been there we would never have gone. All those other places owe a chunk of the dollars we spent to Disney.
Yep, it's the main driving force for a lot of people to visit there. The one time I went was because of Disney, Miami Beach was only seen because I was going to Disney.
Living in Asia for years, I know many people from Japan and Korea that have been to Disney World, and it's literally the only reason why they would ever visit Florida.
Without Disney, Florida would just be famous for hurricanes, druggies fighting alligators, and a place to get drunk for spring break---would massively decrease its tourism appeal.

Oh for sure it’s a world attraction I don’t deny that. I never been to Disney world I been to Disney land thought it was cool .

Yep, it's the main driving force for a lot of people to visit there. The one time I went was because of Disney, Miami Beach was only seen because I was going to Disney.
Living in Asia for years, I know many people from Japan and Korea that have been to Disney World, and it's literally the only reason why they would ever visit Florida.
Without Disney, Florida would just be famous for hurricanes, druggies fighting alligators, and a place to get drunk for spring break---would massively decrease its tourism appeal.

When I was there I saw Kong, the world's largest alligator.

He was old, scarred, and missing half his toes. I felt bad for him.

Oh I suppose Disney is responsible for this and the great way DeSantis handled covid too

I understand the messaging but that is a bad graphics choice for the header of "Florida > Nation". Not his intent but it can easily be interpreted as him saying that Florida is better than Nation, period. He should have put that part on the bottom and used the "Unemployment Rate" language as the header.

Back