Disney is dying

But is it really like that though? Personally I pass on woke shit because it annoys me. I also will not show stuff to my kids with an ounce of gheyness in it. But I feel like i may be in the minority. Being objective here, woke shit is in demand by a good half of the English speaking world.

I don't think the problem is that the movies/shows today contain "woke shit". I think the problem is that the woke shit is their primary focus and then they produce some shitty content around it.

As mentioned earlier they focus entirely on the message they are trying to send and forget to make high quality entertainment.

I don't want my entertainment to preach at me and tell me what I am supposed to think. I want to be entertained.

Yeah I read about how what was really causing them to buckle was the commitment to their own streaming service. I guess they are pumping out these dogshit movies and shows because they have to keep a bunch of content rolling off the line. I think some of the “woke” choices they’re making have more to do with trying to drum up interest in these creatively bankrupt projects than they do with any actual activism
It's 100% this. Same reason seasons are getting increasingly longer or split into two. They're their to boost viewing hours, and in the case of the latter, it keeps costs down on production by preventing editors and digital effects from renegotiating their contracts.

I don't want my entertainment to preach at me and tell me what I am supposed to think. I want to be entertained.
Most traditional Disney content is quite preachy, they're just generally also better movies. I don't see how someone can watch Tarzan or Hercules and Mulan and not see a clear political message lol.

Not according to my puny stock options.

They are alive and well with or without your support currently.

Go woke, go broke

Yeah, ya’ll sure showed the NFL, Target, Starbucks, Taylor Swift, Yeti Coolers, Campbell Soup, and M&M’s.
And let’s not forget why y’all boycotted M&M’s. Tucker got all upset because the green M&M now wears sneakers instead of thigh high boots.

Overdramatic clickbait title. Disney is still a behemoth in the entertainment industry. But they lost $151 billion in valuation and there's nothing in the foreseeable future that will turn things around for the mega corporation. Everything is looking like it's all downhill from here on out.

TLDR is Disney used to hire the best of the best and meritocracy propelled the cream of the crop to lead the production of their films. They hired the best screenwriters, the best actors for the job, the best animators, the best editors, and so on.
But not that many years ago, they decided to forego meritocracy and decided to hire based on skin color and the gayness level of the applicants. It's like if the Chicago Bulls in 1996 decided to replace Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, etc... with a random Indonesian, Tibetan and Maltese basketball players.

There's no signs they'll change it back to the way it was and hire the best. So we'll be getting shit movies and shit TV shows from here on out. They can make money off the residual income they get from their Classic Disney movies and their theme parks.

Is that why they just announced a new theme park at their flagship amusement park with a budget of 60 billion?

I agree. He was such a great leader that he put in place a culture and team that could succeed long after he was gone.

But of course that can only last so long.

I predicted a similar trajectory for Apple after Steve Jobs died. It appeared as if it didn't hurt the company, but I think his departure's impact will be felt most strongly several years down the line, after everyone that knew him and learned from him is gone.
Steve Jobs is the other big name that comes to mind when I think of leaders who had their hand on the pulse of the future. It goes back to a unique obsession trifecta with presentation, technology, and work ethic.

Jim Henson was another leader who embraced these three characteristics. Could you imagine if Walt Disney had quit smoking and became a health nut and Jim Henson would have taken the antibiotics a friend offered him early on during his illness, what they would have created together if they had merged their companies and had a good two decades of collaboration before giving up the ghost? Noone is doing what Jim Henson was doing, at least not on that grand of a scale.

A visionary leader is confidently creative (with a penchant for scale), because they will take the necessary risk, because they trust their talent.

Last edited:
You already missed the boat on that move, I'm afraid.

View attachment 1039953

really? the stock is basically in the same spot it was pre-COVID. there is a long long way for it to fall now that they have gone woke and are therefore soon to be broke

I am trying to get some serious investment advice

do you think that they are heading to bankruptcy soon? if I short at $120 and cover at $5 I will make a lotta money. it is very intriguing.

really? the stock is basically in the same spot it was pre-COVID. there is a long long way for it to fall now that they have gone woke and are therefore soon to be broke

I am trying to get some serious investment advice

do you think that they are heading to bankruptcy soon? if I short at $120 and cover at $5 I will make a lotta money. it is very intriguing.

Do you actually not understand that graph? There was a great oppurtunity to short them just before their stock plummeted.

Last edited:
Steve Jobs is the other big name that comes to mind when I think of leaders who had their hand on the pulse of the future. It goes back to a unique obsession trifecta with presentation, technology, and work ethic.

Jim Henson was another leader who embraced these three characteristics. Could you imagine if Walt Disney had quit smoking and became a health nut and Jim Henson would have taken the antibiotics a friend offered him early on during his illness, what they would have created together if they had merged their companies and had a good two decades of collaboration before giving up the ghost? Noone is doing what Jim Henson was doing, at least not on that grand of a scale.

A visionary leader is confidently creative (with a penchant for scale), because they will take the necessary risk, because they trust their talent.

Henson really was a boss. Those early Muppet movies hold up remarkably well and have cross-generational appeal. The one he directed himself, The Great Muppet Caper, has some of the most ambitious, elaborate set pieces and production values you could imagine that Henson workshop staging. Highly impressive stuff. And his company was doing a lot of other projects beyond the Muppet properties too.

Yeah, ya’ll sure showed the NFL, Target, Starbucks, Taylor Swift, Yeti Coolers, Campbell Soup, and M&M’s.
And let’s not forget why y’all boycotted M&M’s. Tucker got all upset because the green M&M now wears sneakers instead of thigh high boots.

Cjl6C7mXIAAsuQw.jpg

OK, I admit this wasn't my proudest Fap...:oops:

Think pre pervert Vince McMahon falls into that as well. Took a carnival act and spun it into a multi billion dollar franchise with full creative control.

Most traditional Disney content is quite preachy, they're just generally also better movies. I don't see how someone can watch Tarzan or Hercules and Mulan and not see a clear political message lol.
Judge Doom's plot in Roger Rabbit is about the real life conspiracy of auto companies destroying public transit in America. The treatment of the toons is also a blatant metaphor for race relations. Not to mention how Jessica is used as a sexual pawn for powerful men in Hollywood. These are not even slightly subtle messages in the plot. It would 100% be called preachy and woke today. It's just such a damn good movie wrapped up in such a brilliant and clever concept that no one cares.

Think pre pervert Vince McMahon falls into that as well. Took a carnival act and spun it into a multi billion dollar franchise with full creative control.
I agree that Vince McMahon Jr. was in the elite leadership league. The creative style in which Jr. presented wrestling to the world was diversely captivating, he was expansion minded, and a very resourceful business operator. Perhaps the difference is that Vince's father was also successful (though not as successful as Vince, a la Phillip and Alexander), allowing Jr. one too many excesses during adolescence, whereas Disney's daddio delivered newspapers for a living (Walt had a somewhat repressive upbringing).

I wouldn't care one bit if Disney would go away.
I always hated any movie where people start to sing like musicals and all the Disney movies.
Not to metion anything Disney took over has turned into total crap.
Disney is for people upto 10 years old.

Disney's entire worth is being propped by by Bluey.

Bluey.jpg

Back