Do people really think Usman got Robbed against Chimaev?

In a hugging contest, Chimaev won easily. In an actual fight, Usman won. Almost getting finished by strikes provides real indisputable damage. Almost getting finished by a choke (wasn't even that close, or do you think every strike that lands was also almost finishing the opponent? LOL) doesn't provide any damage at all. Everyone knows if the fight would have went 2 more rounds, Usman would have gotten the easy KO.

Most of you guys just suck at analyzing fights.

Usman did literally nothing the entire fight except land a few medicre strikes.

He was dominated In the wrestling and grappling all 3 rounds.

You could twist the scoring and say Khazmat didn't do much damage on the ground

But Khazmat dominating Usman on the ground was ultimately the story of the fight and holds infinitely more weight than anything Usman did. Nobody has ever outwrestled and controlled Usman like that. AND made it look easy.

There's a reason Usman looked defeated and In the interviews and you could see him subtly questioning whether he has It anymore.
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Just from emotional memory, I could believe he won the third but I don't remember thinking he should've won the second. Despite the lack of damage I'd still say it was a 10-8 because Usman offered zero answers from being completely controlled.

I'm okay with the 10-8 in round 1. My only real contention is that Usman did more damage than Khamzat did in that round. He slammed him and injured his wrist. Feels odd to reward the guy who was hurt more with such a lopsided score.
People are still stuck with that 2010 scoring mindset. Traditionally, sure, it was a 10-8 round but Khamzat did absolutely nothing except try to keep him down. No offense at all.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Most of you guys don't even go back and watch fights. You rely on a single, unreliable, heat of the moment.

OP went back, rewatched it and realized It wasn't anywhere near as close as people seem to think It was.

This is the reality. Khazmat's domination of the wrestling and grappling was the story of the fight and more significant than anything else which took place.

If you disagree, you're entitled to that opinion, but back it up, otherwise It's just words.

I think people don't like Khazmat for whatever reason so they're not being objective about how the fight actually went and the overall skillset he brought to the table.

The maIn take away from most people Is that Khazmat has a shitty gas tank and would've lost a 5 round fight, which again is based In poor logic.

It's most people who don't know what they're talking about. OP is one of the few people who did a double take and hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
A bit off-topic but I feel that this was by far Khamzat's best performance, despite the split. He did not look good against Burns at all.

Just rewatched it sober. I really don't see how it was a split TBH. First round a clear 10-8 Chimaev. Last two rounds were close with Chimaev getting the takedowns. Usman had a decent flurry in the last round but that's about it. The defense people have it if it was 5 rounds Chimaev would have been in trouble. Guess what? It wasn't. FIghters change their strategies if it's 5 rounds so that's a dumb argument anyway. The fact that he did that to Usman was impressive to me. Timeline, sure give him Costa for a title eliminator although Costa has done nothing to earn that if he wins but I agree beating Usman moving up didn't deserve it.

Usman clearly won 2 and ,3... ,3 being the closest...

The only reason it was a draw was because of the 10-8 first..

Had that been a 10-9 .. Khamzat would of lost IMO...he did nothing with the takedowns and Usman was hunting and landing on the feet with the hardest shots of the fight...

Takedowns no longer mean anything unless theres effective strikes or submission attempts being done...its treated like a change in a position now...the takedown itself doesnt score anymore... With this in mind Khamzat didnt do much with them outside of the first round

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back