Do they have a mechanism in place if the referee faints or dies while a fight should be being stopped?

Mcnugget

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So let’s say someone is doing tremendous damage and the shock of this gives a ref a heart attack and dies then faints and can’t successfully stop the fight. What would be the way to pull the winning fighter off the fallen combatant? Has that happened before

Just scrape him to the side like Owen Hart and send in the back up

tenor.gif

So let’s say someone is doing tremendous damage and the shock of this gives a ref a heart attack and dies then faints and can’t successfully stop the fight. What would be the way to pull the winning fighter off the fallen combatant? Has that happened before
So the ref dies first and then faints? Did you think that through?

Unfortunately we haffi w8 fi sumting like dis to happen before mandem solve it I rmmbr one tayum my gyal was like yo wat finna happen if wonna di mandem get him foot caught Indi cage I said u hella dumb ain't never happen 🚫🧢Masvidal and Ellen Burger aboot to scrap now ting finna be lit watch

The fighter isn't possessed. They would likely notice the ref faint/fall.

Beyond that, there is usually some official for the presiding athletic commission so that person could probably enter the ring and stop the fight or blow the end of round horn(most likely).

It depends on the commission. NSAC states in article 3 section 2C that they are required to keep a spare ref on standby in the rafters ready to parachute in and stop the fight in the case of the 1st ref dying of a heart attack or fentanyl overdose in the middle of a fight, but if the fight is in New Brunswick, there are snipers there to shoot the guy off and declare the guy getting beat up the winner.

I'm pretty sure if the ref fell out you'd have people coming to his aid and the fighters would probably be like "hey yo... the ref fell out, maybe we should chill and try to help him?"

If the ref dies during the fight .....both of the fighters in the cage are awarded a TKO (ref death) victory.

It is the only scenario whereby both fighters get a TKO win.

you're welcome.

I think if something happens to the ref the fighter giving the beating to the other fighter would notice as they at this point would be looking for signs the ref is stopping the fight. The winning fighter has a cornerman who can do this thing called yelling.

Like thats the real answer to this question if it was a serious question.

Another official would run in and/or they'd blow the end of round horn

I think it's like college when your room mate commits suicide. Everyone gets straight A's and you go home for the semester.

I think if something happens to the ref the fighter giving the beating to the other fighter would notice as they at this point would be looking for signs the ref is stopping the fight. The winning fighter has a cornerman who can do this thing called yelling.

Like thats the real answer to this question if it was a serious question.

But what if the winning fighter is just in a beating groove and doesn’t hear anyone he jsut block it out

Back