Do we believe Justin now?

Kvothe_the_kingkiller

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Justin spent the last year telling us in every interview that after his two losses he changed up his entire game plan, and that by using more precision would allow him to hit harder, less often, and keep gas.

His next 3 fights only took 8 minutes, so except for some savvy fight analysis, most everyone thought they hadn’t seen enough to know if he was full of shit or not. Or 2nd critique, that if he was pulled into deep water old habits would return.

After 20+ minutes, is he fighting with a new and improved style? Or was there little to no technical difference between 2017 Justin and 2020 Justin?

Gaethje is going to destroy Khabib. Khabib doesn't like getting hit and when his take downs fail he will be forced to stand where he will feel the power of Gaethje

We haven't been calling him Patient gaethje for nothing.

Gaethje is going to destroy Khabib. Khabib doesn't like getting hit and when his take downs fail he will be forced to stand where he will feel the power of Gaethje
Conor will destroy Khabib. Conor was able to take Khabib to the 4th and win a round off of him despite Conor coming back after a 2 year lay off with an injured foot. Conor wiped out Cerrone in 40 seconds and he did it at welterweight so I think the rematch will see him reclaiming his 155lb title

He is vastly technically improved from WSOF and early UFC Gaethje. There were at least a dozen times last night that the Gaethje of old would have started getting into a wild brawl after landing a big shot. He keeps his composure much better, and knows when to pick his shots.

In that first round he was swinging for life quite a bit, but I can chalk that up to him testing the waters of Tony being a notoriously slow starter, and wanting to see if he could get him out of there early. After the first round, Patient Gaethje appeared.

He's obviously a much, much better fighter than he was when he was randomly brawling.

Or Khabib lands a takedown and controls Justin for a round and from that point on Justin doesn’t commit to his shots on the feet.

Like I told everyone before this fight, Patient Gaethje is a different animal

Technically I don't really think Gaethje stands a chance, but I still want to believe.

I believed him well before this fight. He's been incredible after his losses.

He is vastly technically improved from WSOF and early UFC Gaethje. There were at least a dozen times last night that the Gaethje of old would have started getting into a wild brawl after landing a big shot. He keeps his composure much better, and knows when to pick his shots.

In that first round he was swinging for life quite a bit, but I can chalk that up to him testing the waters of Tony being a notoriously slow starter, and wanting to see if he could get him out of there early. After the first round, Patient Gaethje appeared.

I believe it was nervous energy. He admitted to Ferguson being a scary opponent for him and he was throwing like he was afraid.

He didn't become more patient until after the second round though, when Wittman yelled at him for throwing with too much power.

Ahhh. Apparently I missed a new meme not being online for a few months. Didn’t know. Cheers.

Or did it start 12 hours ago?

No. It's been around for a while now. And you're right, lots of people didn't believe patient gaethje was a real thing--they said his fights were too short to determine that he's changed.

I don't think people can deny that patient gaethje is real now.

Or Khabib lands a takedown and controls Justin for a round and from that point on Justin doesn’t commit to his shots on the feet.

Even if he does land a few take downs Gaethje won't be able to be held down and will be back on his feet

No. It's been around for a while now. And you're right, lots of people didn't believe patient gaethje was a real thing--they said his fights were too short to determine that he's changed.

I don't think people can deny that patient gaethje is real now.
An answer! Thank you sir.

Back