Do we really want Tony fighting for the belt?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fought once in 2019, once in 2018, once in 2017.. I don't know about you, but I don't want another inactive champion.. regardless of WHY, the numbers do not lie. He's too much of a headcase. Not to mention this fight has already fallen apart three times.. what was that Einstein quote again? Heh

Fought once in 2019, once in 2018, once in 2017.. I don't know about you, but I don't want another inactive champion.. regardless of WHY, the numbers do not lie. He's too much of a headcase. Not to mention this fight has already fallen apart three times.. what was that Einstein quote again? Heh

Khabib has fought ~1.2 times a year since 2014.

He fought just once in 2019, then decided it would be a 7 month gap until his next fight because why not.

Last edited:
Either way Khabib will maul him and it wont even be close. He's worse than Poirier, we need someone better. And yeah,him fighting for title in the past would be a pain in the ass too

Is the fight left, it has been signed 4 times iirc.

The vast majority of the reason Tony hasn’t been fighting a ton over the past few years is because he has been sitting around waiting while the division is stalled up due to other inactive champs. Yes, he got hurt once and pulled out. He also rehabbed himself after major knee surgery and came back in 4 months. You wouldn’t see Khabib for 2 years after that shit. And don’t even get me started about Conor. Tony would fight twice as much as these guys if he was champ. Hell he’s ready to go right now, but Khabib wants to wait until Spring of next year?

Send this thread to the wasteland

Tony is one of the most exciting, most skilled, most athletic, and most fit mixed martial artists in the world. Hell yes I want to see him fight, and since he's number two in the world what else is he gonna do but fight for the title. After that fight happens it's his life and he can do whatever he likes. But I want to see that Tony/Khabib title fight.

Last edited:
Tony is one of the best lightweights in the past 10 years easily and is a hard fight for Khabib in a ton of areas.
Yes we do want him are you delusional?

The only reason he is not fighting again this year is because Khabib needs rest from his one fight this year.

Khabib has fought ~1.2 times a year since 2016. He fought just once in 2019, then decided it would be a 7 month gap until his next fight because why not.

exactly, you want an active champ give Gaethje a shot he's fought 2+ x a year his whole career

Khabib has fought ~1.2 times a year since 2016.

He fought just once in 2019, then decided it would be a 7 month gap until his next fight because why not.

that’s not fair. He got suspended for jumping Conor with his crew

I'd rather see Tony fight a broom than watch Khabib fight anyone.

And you call yourself a fan
<{hughesimpress}>

If you had to ask, I’m guessing your new to this. Yes. Tony is a Assassin. He try to will snipe Khabib or die trying.

Tony never lost the belt and if he gets the same guillotine that Poirer did, he will be the new champ. Plus, Tony's weird rolls and style may cause unforseen problems for Khabib. Especially in the later rounds.

I like the match up. Whats the difference if Tony fights once a year vs. Khabib who fights slightly more than once a year in recent years? I don't think it will be a blowout by Khabib. Tony has mad cardio and strikes from really weird angles and approaches. not to mention, his chokes are nasty.

I think Tony poses the biggest thread to Khabib's unbeaten record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back