Do you believe Conor would have been more successful if moved to a major gym?

I don't think so, Conor's self confidence is made of being the best in the gym, having all the attention towards him, if he decided to move to a major gym he would get exposed on the mat a lot.
And that won't be good for his ego and for his image.
I believe training at SBG with this team brought him this far, I think he lacks good training partners.
He can bring in probably any guy he wants (not counting Alpha Male fighters or guys who he fought).

Thoughts?

Well, Eddie Bravo and the young Gracies said that he'd roll with the best whenever he visits other gyms.
I think he doesn't care too much about getting tapped in practice, because people know anyway that this is his weakpoint (even though some people exaggerate quite a lot ...).
I believe the aforementioned people, because they know better than anyone in here.

Of course yes. (at least from my perspective)

Better coaching and better training partners.

Camps are overrated. People are showing up on 1-2 weeks notice and winning championships these days. Stipe comes from a bum gym and beat KingsMMAs crown jewel.
Very very true, totally agreed, I been saying this for a while. if you look at 2015 and 2016 so far.. most of the time the short notice fighter wins.

He's the best at his gym and all the attention is on him. Why would he go anywhere else. He already has what he wanted. A ufc belt, fame and fortune. Goals in life achieved for mcgregor.

I don't think so, Conor's self confidence is made of being the best in the gym, having all the attention towards him, if he decided to move to a major gym he would get exposed on the mat a lot.
I believe training at SBG with this team brought him this far, I think he lacks good training partners.
He can bring in probably any guy he wants (not counting Alpha Male fighters or guys who he fought).

Thoughts?

Conor haters simply don't know what they are talking about.

If a bear shits in the woods...

Thoughts?
Ronda and Conor in a nutshell...

popstar-never-stop-never-stopping-poster.jpg

Anyone can throw elbows on the ground. As far as moving his hips and looking for escapes, he was pretty much stuck there.

That Mendes guillotine was more of a desperation thing because he was gassed out of his fucking mind at that point. It was a neat escape from Conor, but he tried the same exact one against Diaz and it pretty much got him mounted. Shows me he's limited from the bottom.
I'd agree, but I think it shows that Nate knew that escape and reacted appropriately for a high-level BJJ Blackbelt... which Mendes is not.

Andy samberg poor mans Adam sandler
Samberg is funny on-screen, whereas Sandler typically surrounds himself with a funny supporting cast.

If you think Sandler is funny, I don't know what to tell you...

I truly enjoy his movies, but mainly because of the surrounding cast...I think I liked him more in Punch Drug Love, than I do when he's trying to be funny.

Samberg is funny on-screen, whereas Sandler typically surrounds himself with a funny supporting cast.

If you think Sandler is funny, I don't know what to tell you...

I truly enjoy his movies, but mainly because of the surrounding cast...I think I liked him more in Punch Drug Love, than I do when he's trying to be funny.
Uh no I don't like sandler. But he had 1-2 good movies

Samberg is this generations version of the Jew-incarnate.

And all his movies suck, he sucked on snl as well. If you like samberg then I would like to end this conversation.

Uh no I don't like sandler. But he had 1-2 good movies

Samberg is this generations version of the Jew-incarnate.

And all his movies suck, he sucked on snl as well. If you like samberg then I would like to end this conversation.
Yeah, you don't decide when this concersation ends...

Who on SNL did you/do you like?

Yeah, you don't decide when this concersation ends...

Who on SNL did you/do you like?
Typical legends like bill Murray Chevy chase Chris Farley Jim Carey will Ferrell Phil Hartman

Chris Katan was even funnier then samberg

I don't agree. Getting owned in training raises your level. Pumping up your confidence by being the star of your gym and toying with sub-par sparring partners is just setting you up for failure. Everyone loses eventually but fighters with a jesus complex fall hardest.

Just look at the bag of flaws exposed by Nate (that might have been addressed if Conor was being adequately challenged at the gym):

- weak in the clinch
- kicking arsenal is fluff, doesn't have the most useful kick of all: the roundhouse
- boxing hinges on the left hand kill shot, no jab, no ability to grind
- questionable heart

Conor: a very talented guy, skills (and fighting philosophy) held back by cooking in his own sauces at SBG.

Murray? Chase?

What nursing home do you stay at!?
I'm 28 pal

Good art lives forever. Everybody knows about the monalisa

You know what else lives forever ? Good music, entertaining comedy sketches/ movies/stand up

Don't care that it's old, Rodney Dangerfield Richard Pryor would bitch slap around most comics today and guess what they are "old" and dead

You're one of those dudes who only likes " new stuff " you'll watch a Michael bay film over a Stanley Kubrick film because it's " new and hip"

I've met your kind before, and hey I don't hate you. But I don't respect you.

Back