Do you believe in just world hypothesis?

yes without this kind of belief you probably not going to have a very good culture, this is the heart of all laws and society (that have a lot of success at least)

I believe the Universe is just.
Each of us, including me, gets what he/she deserves, good or bad.

Maybe not instantly, but down the road the Universe balances itself out. When I do good, I get good. When I fuck up, I get fucked.

I believe the Universe is just.
Each of us, including me, gets what he/she deserves, good or bad.

Maybe not instantly, but down the road the Universe balances itself out. When I do good, I get good. When I fuck up, I get fucked.
Lol ok. Sounds like you've lived a charmed life if you think everyone gets what they deserve.

I am now believing in it. It could be true mostly it seems it originated with religions

If it is not true then woah if it is then also woah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis#Theory
NqTQMkX.gif

The just-world hypothesis or just-world fallacy is the cognitive bias that assumes that "people get what they deserve" – that actions will have morallyfair and fitting consequences for the actor.

No. That’s basically believing in karma but giving it a fancier name. It’s something people do so that when they see something wrong happening, but they don’t have the balls to act, they can justify their cowardice by saying, “Something bad will happen to that guy. It’s bad karma.”

Lol ok. Sounds like you've lived a charmed life if you think everyone gets what they deserve.

well if reincarnation is true then someone whose life sucks is getting a sucky life due to past actions. They just dont know why their life sucks and the test is to not act out against the world when your life is sucky but to be kind.

I don't believe in karma.

With enough chance bad things will happen to bad people and good things will happen to good people. It happens the other way too(much more often when you consider bad people have most of the power) but people don't like to think about that so they don't.

Reincarnation is something i've seen evidence for. But if reincarnation were true it a would be non universial and B you wouldn't really remember anything making it practically the same as just being born from scratch. If reincarnation is real it seems like it would be random and you wouldn't be rewarded or punished. It would just be an unexplainable thing.

well if reincarnation is true then someone whose life sucks is getting a sucky life due to past actions. They just dont know why their life sucks and the test is to not act out against the world when your life is sucky but to be kind.
I mean sure, but reincarnation is probably bullshit. I do like the idea of it though.

Maybe, someday you'll get it.
Maybe not.

Anyone who believes in that shit doesn't have enough life experience or is not paying attention. Read Candide if you really believe that, although it probably won't do you any fucking good since your brain is filled with dogshit.

Maybe, someday you'll get it.
Maybe not.
Get what? Growing up the way I did, and seeing and hearing of horrific things happening to innocent people frequently, and experiencing them myself? Yeah it seems extremely unlikely there's any sort of universal force ensuring fairness. And all of my experiences were living in a first world country with no active wars. A just world seems like a concept only people raised in the first world in cozy conditions could believe in.

That's not even getting into wartorn and impoverished 3rd world nations. Where many, many people undergo great suffering followed by a brutal death with no real options to escape that environment. Where's their justice? It's pretty much objective fact that lots of people don't get a fair chance at all in this world.

Anyone who believes in that shit doesn't have enough life experience or is not paying attention. Read Candide if you really believe that, although it probably won't do you any fucking good since your brain is filled with dogshit.
Prepare for some smug, pretentious, you're not enlightened enough to understand the grand design nonsense.

<36>

Get what? Growing up the way I did, and seeing and hearing of horrific things happening to innocent people frequently, and experiencing them myself? Yeah it seems extremely unlikely there's any sort of universal force ensuring fairness. And all of my experiences were living in a first world country with no active wars. A just world seems like a concept only people raised in the first world in cozy conditions could believe in.

That's not even getting into wartorn and impoverished 3rd world nations. Where many, many people undergo great suffering followed by a brutal death with no real options to escape that environment. Where's their justice? It's pretty much objective fact that lots of people don't get a fair chance at all in this world.
It may only occur to you at the very end. Or it may not.
Who knows?

It may only occur to you at the very end.
Who knows?
Ok, so the smug pretentious nonsense I had just mentioned. Go tell it to some kid who's entire family just got blown up by a mortar, starving to death in some shithole.

Prepare for some smug, pretentious, you're not enlightened enough to understand the grand design nonsense.

<36>

it’s no big deal. Just some sheltered people in the world who don’t understand real life.

How could they?

Ok, so the smug pretentious nonsense I had just mentioned. Go tell it to some kid who's entire family just got blown up by a mortar, starving to death in some shithole.
Ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back