Do you guys like the movie Seven Samurai?

I love it
probably my favorite Kurosawa followed by the bad sleep well and drunken angel

I could understand people being put off though as it had a slower pace and is an older movie

edit:
yes you should check it out if you like older movies and got a good chunk of time to use

Every Kurosawa film is worth watching at least once a year for the rest of your life. Honestly, his chanbara films are his weakest but still great. Yojimbo and Sanjuro are good alternatives too if you're in the mood for something a bit more fun and a lot less long.

It's definitely worth watching. It can be slower, and it is long, but it has a built in intermission (back when movies had those, so it's easy to break it into 2 viewings if length is an issue).

Yojimbo is great as well, though a very different film.

It is one of the greatest movies from a human condition philosophical standpoint. I watch it at least every couple of years and take away something new I have discovered about it each time. The movie is full of nuances and not every little thing is explained to you.

Because it is old, black and white, and impossible to watch in a distracted state I am sure this would not be many peoples cup of tea.

It is also fun to watch The Magnificent Seven after you watch Seven Samuri. Not as good, but a very entertaining take on the same story,

I would watch it without any distractions. Thats the best experience imo

tumblr_p12df0a8vO1qa3emao3_540.gif

The Hidden Fortress is my favorite Kurosawa movie. All of his films are pure gold.
but I recommend starting with High And Low 1963 (non-samurai) or Yojimbo to get a feel for Kurosawa's style.

Didn't watch it, looked boring af

If you have unlimited time and patience maybe

If you’re a film fan at all i highly recommend it. So many directors were inspired by Kurosawa, one of the greatest directors ever.

Even though he was quickly outed as a not a real Samurai, a former farmer managed to join the seven, hired to protect a farming town from bandits.

The former farmer is comical in trying to act like a tough Samurai. But when the hired Samurai discover the townspeople had killed and robbed other Samurai in the past, the former farmer gives a devastating analysis of the situation, and the actor delivers one of the most brilliant scenes in movie history.

By the end of the movie, the former farmer is the greatest Samurai of the seven.

It’s aight,

Would recommend Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale…

Back