Do you have any tattoos?

Do you have any tattoos?

• Total voters
Only one tattoo so far but after seeing how this one turned out and I’m 100 percent getting another

F4BFCFA7-8457-4C76-87F2-816EAD91E958.jpeg

Just one but I'm not too fond of it. It's a band logo Ugh! It would have been fine if I hadn't told the artist to take some liberties with it. I would have been much happier if i just left it as the actual design. He only added a few thing but it changed it too much. Oh well no biggie I do want more at some point but it needs to be better thought out next time.
9E568DDF-68A6-4814-89DB-D2A553E8C2F3.jpeg
<Dany07>

As Jerry Seinfeld said, if you want to doodle, do it on a piece of paper.

Nope. Just a guy who enjoys displaying art on my body.

Funny story though, back when I was still fighting Angel Manfredy & I were among just a few boxers who were heavily tattooed at the time. And since we both had shaved heads & tattoos we would often get mistaken for one another. Which I always found a bit odd seeing as how he was a lightweight so he was almost thirty pounds lighter than me & he has a full sleeve while I don't. But people would still mix the two of us up.
Really surprised to hear that. I've been around/closely followed boxing for a long time and I'm struggling to see anything in common between you and Manfredy except the tattoos.

nothing says class like a nice neck tat

I think I'm reaching too hard for a reason to get tattooed at this point. I want my youth back. Mid life crisis? A recipe for total regret.

Really surprised to hear that. I've been around/closely followed boxing for a long time and I'm struggling to see anything in common between you and Manfredy except the tattoos.
As I said, I didn't see it myself. But for a while there it happened on a somewhat regular basis. I think it's because people aren't as observant as they think they are & they're a poor judge of size when they see people on TV.

Nope and not generally a fan, but I have seen some impressive work that I like.

Not for me, but who the hell cares? Live your life, I'll live mine.

Like getting an earring, trying to dress punk, getting a tattoo or anything else, do it for yourself an nobody else. Its not counter culture anymore, either. if you are looking for my approval or anyone else's, you are doing it wrong.

Nope and not generally a fan, but I have seen some impressive work that I like.

Not for me, but who the hell cares? Live your life, I'll live mine.

Like getting an earring, trying to dress punk, getting a tattoo or anything else, do it for yourself an nobody else. Its not counter culture anymore, either. if you are looking for my approval or anyone else's, you are doing it wrong.

Good point. I broke down the pros and cons of getting a tattoo:

PROS:
Maybe more attractive
Look tougher and rugged like cauliflower ear
Don't care what society thinks
You wear your inside outside
Adrenaline rush, feel younger
Lots of ink boosts your immune system according to science
Join a club of cool people, tattoo conventions
Shows you are a person of conviction

CONS:
Your kids will probably copy you and get ink
Disqualify you for some jobs
Can't go into Japan hot springs and hotels
Have to cover them up if you are in the movies
Will regret them eventually
Pain and financial cost of getting them
Your partner has to see the grim reaper on your back 24/7
People may discriminant against you
Could make you uglier
Get some disease from the ink, no one knows whats in the ink, companies don't disclose it.
People could accidently associate you with a gang

No, but they don’t offend me either. Just never wanted one myself

Good point. I broke down the pros and cons of getting a tattoo:

PROS:
Maybe more attractive
Look tougher and rugged like cauliflower ear
Don't care what society thinks
You wear your inside outside
Adrenaline rush, feel younger
Lots of ink boosts your immune system according to science
Join a club of cool people, tattoo conventions
Shows you are a person of conviction

CONS:
Your kids will probably copy you and get ink
Disqualify you for some jobs
Can't go into Japan hot springs and hotels
Have to cover them up if you are in the movies
Will regret them eventually
Pain and financial cost of getting them
Your partner has to see the grim reaper on your back 24/7
People may discriminant against you
Could make you uglier
Get some disease from the ink, no one knows whats in the ink, companies don't disclose it.
People could accidently associate you with a gang

PROS:
I like a particular design/body art
It is me. People who know who me will understand it.

CONS:
Seems trendy, I don't like that
Permanent, difficult to remove
I could spend the cash on something of more value

Here are the pros and cons for me. I was looking at a design of a snake being held by an eagle with the Dawn rising in the background. Tons of symbolism in each animal, the setting and the sun rising. An artist friend of mine did a preliminary sketch. I decided to put on the back burner. Still think about it, but leaning towards no.

Nope. They seems cool but I don't have the patience to sit down and get one. I also don't like it enough to spend the money on it. Maybe if one day we invent a machine that can instantly do it. By then I'll be so old though so probably wont happen.
I dont know about USA, but i think it's cheap over there. Also, you could do a small tattoo, like my first one. My first one took 10 min.

Back