Do you have Goose gangs in your neighborhood?

I once kicked a goose to death. True story. I was at the beach with my daughter, off-season, and there was a pretty large gaggle and one charged us so I punted that motherfucker with my comp toes on and he (or maybe she, I didn't check actually) just landed and that was the end of that.

at least you didn't go out like this guy

I'm always surprised when I see people scared of a goose. A goose will "charge" at them and they'll run away screaming like it's an angry honey badger coming at them. No stupid animal the size of goose that doesn't have big teeth or claws is gonna scare me away. I'll just kick the frickin' thing.

"Most goose attacks on humans result in minor or no injuries, but severe injuries can happen. Goose attacks have resulted in broken bones, head trauma, and emotional distress. Many of these injuries occur when the person tries to avoid an attacking goose and trips and falls."

So a goose's attack strategy is for you to hurt yourself as your try to scurry away from it?

https://www.geeserelief.com/geese-problems/aggressive-geese.html

Yeah, near the lake. Sometimes I collect on the road...

I let em be...

FWIW, they actually can't fly during the summer because they shed their feathers on their wings and can't fly until they grow back later in the year. There are notices about it at a local lake where I walk. I saw one who got stranded on the other side of the fence around the water and was struggling to get back to the flock because it couldn't fly over.

Well damn. That's my new fact for the day. In

Even tigers respect the hands of geese

FLCwyKr.gif

Screw those mean assholes. I was attacked by gangs of them when I was a kid.

I don't think I've seen any of them out here though. It's bad enough listening to those fucking parrots flying overhead, so damn loud when they start screeching and squawking. God forbid they set up shop in a tree near your house.

Screw those mean assholes. I was attacked by gangs of them when I was a kid.

I don't think I've seen any of them out here though. It's bad enough listening to those fucking parrots flying overhead, so damn loud when they start screeching and squawking. God forbid they set up shop in a tree near your house.
Leave those birds alone your bastard!

there is/was a freakin' armada of them on kelly drive. i'm talking... thousands. at night, like 5k or something were just a gigantic huddle and then the outskirts had roving sentinels.

they're a fucking organized military.

and one time while hiking about 10 miles nw of philly... for about an hour around sunset, flocks of geese kept landing and regrouping with a main flock. like very 30 seconds to 2 minutes (again, for about an hour), a flock was incoming and landing in the water and massing up. so i guess it's a common tactic/trait, at least around here.

anyway, geese are fucking legit.

I do. They keep trying to shut the street down

Hello, Clippy.
My tip is to soccer kick the biggest of them. That will intimidate the rest.

BTW I think I am moving away from bbq chips and into Lays classic. I really like them.

I used to live by a canal with geese and ducks. Man, the spring time mating season was brutal. Idk if anyone has ever seen how ducks mate. But apparently they just gang rape the females. Jordan Peterson would love it.

Back