Do you leave a tip at the cashier terminal when buying food items?

I tip everybody, they remember that shit and it comes back to me in different ways, front of the line service, free dessert, extra attention to my meals, warm smiles as soon as i walk in, etc.

I don't know man, I think that sets a dangerous precedence. You're only treated well insofar as you pay them to do so. It's like paying people to be your friend. Like if I don't tip the pick-up person who's only real job is to bring my food from the kitchen to me, am I going to get Stone Cold Stunner'ed every time I walk in there on out?

It's not the fact that my Jamba Juice costs 11$ that's pissing me off... it's asking for a tip that really takes some balls.

It's not the fact that my Jamba Juice costs 11$ that's pissing me off... it's asking for a tip that really takes some balls.

dde1dde354b491321f45b67336b3d5792291f68ce238034f6af436220bf1d6fd_1.jpg

Same percentage coffee guy gets a 1 dollar tip pizza delivery guy gets 20 dollar tip. Both 25%. So the cost of good generally makes it fair/ relative for the difference in work or service

Working as a waiter or bartender is 10 times harder and more demanding than standing at a coffee stand and handing out coffee... if the tips are the same, why would do the harder job?

God no! Why the fuck would I???

To roughly paraphrase Mr. Blue, she'd have to suck my cock to get a tip.

No, they earn an hourly wage that is at least 15 an hour. FUCK THAT. This coming from a guy that tips at least 25% in restaurants and bars. I tip my Barber $10 on a $25 haircut. I am not cheap but this is extortion.....I am not paying you to ring something up and hand it to me. If you are polite and I have change, I MAY through that in the Jar. Otherwise fuck off.

Working as a waiter or bartender is 10 times harder and more demanding than standing at a coffee stand and handing out coffee... if the tips are the same, why would do the harder job?
Same percentage coffee guy gets a 1 dollar tip pizza delivery guy gets 20 dollar tip. Both 25%. So the cost of good generally makes it fair/ relative for the difference in work or service

Why would you say that? What have you got against movers?

Nothing it’s a joke. I will never not use movers, last time we had two guys that knocked it out quick so we gave them a big tip.

The guy that owned the company said “ah shit now my partner isn’t going to show up tomorrow”

Nothing it’s a joke. I will never not use movers, last time we had two guys that knocked it out quick so we gave them a big tip.

The guy that owned the company said “ah shit now my partner isn’t going to show up tomorrow”
Ok, haha. Read where I'm coming from. We've had A LOT of movers over the years, this company was so good I even Yelped them a review:

Let me first start by saying my husband and I have moved a lot, in various states within the US and abroad. We've had some atrocious experiences with a lot of serious breakages and some with just some damage, it's pretty much what we have come to expect that at the very minimum we'll be having to replace some items that were poorly handled.

That was until we worked with Nice Bay Movers. From the initial conversation with Mark in the office who sent a very professional moving estimator to price up the move (a 2 bedroom apartment full to the brim and a good two bedrooms worth of furniture and boxes in storage, moving from San Jose to Ridgecrest, around 6 hours away), to him that same day providing a quote with 2 options which were very reasonable, to the actual move.

The movers arrived on Saturday morning well within time, were very polite, very professional, and got on with what was an arduous task without any grumbles. They were very hard working. The same is to be said with when they arrived in Ridgecrest after a 6 hour drive to move us in the day after. They had a real "can do" attitude when I asked for something to be moved to another room as an example, again with no grumbles.

They moved everything in quickly, put everything exactly where we asked, they put our beds back together without question which every mover we've had have struggled with in the past with a lot of head scratching.

There wasn't a single ding! Not even one! Everything arrived in one piece with no scratches or marks. We have a white fabric bed so that was really impressive! They wrapped everything up in moving blankets and cling wrap, took all the wrap off the furniture before leaving to then drive back for another 6 hours, so a 12 hour round trip in one day and lifting really really heavy boxes and furniture . The guy who came to do the initial site survey was in the area when we were moving in and stopped by to help out even, the service with this company is that good.

I could not recommend them enough, they've really set the bar so high that I hope we never have to move again knowing whoever we have to use won't come close.

So a massive thank you to everyone involved from start to finish, we were in safe hands all the way through.

Movers deserve tips way more than coffee vendors haha.

Absolutely fucking not, never. I’ll tip waiters and bartenders. Tipping a cashier is ridiculous, they’re not doing any personalized service, at least in the food and coffee places I go to, taking an order typically takes less than a minute. Also, they’re getting paid a normal salary already.

I am not American, so can someone please explain this to me?!

"I’ll tip waiters and bartenders. Tipping a cashier is ridiculous" - why?

"they’re not doing any personalized service" - the waiters and bartenders also aren't doing personalized services, it is their job to bring food and serve drinks.

"Also, they’re getting paid a normal salary already" - in USA, cashiers have better salaries than waiters?

Also, why is it the client's responsability for the small salary of the employee?
And not the owner's responsability?

Thank you,

Back