Do you like Dim Sum?

Do you like Dim Sum?

• Total voters
They are good but there are better types of dumplings.
For me, its all about the sauce. Fried or steamed ain't gonna do it for me if the dipping sauce is shit.

I get your point as it applies to any food. But a 70 cent subpar siu mai is 70 cent well spent.

Have to disagree with you on this. I don't spend on low quality ingredient food just because they cost less. I'm extremely picky on food quality and fortunate enough not have to be bothered about price.

In my area, plenty of people goes for $4 noodles instead of $4.50/$5 ones. But they fail to realised, or they simply don't care, that sometimes the portion is significantly smaller or the ingredients is much lesser in the $4 bowl. I happily pay that extra, which really isn't much in the case, to have a tastier and more fulfilling meal. They eat to live, I live to eat.

Nobody is too good for a 711 bun that has been left in the steaming box for half the day.

Actually no, I don't eat left over foods. I rarely eat reheated food from 7-11 or convenience stalls unless I'm overseas. I haven't entered a 7-11 in my country for probably 15years.

EDIT:
Put it this way, I tend to go to reputable eateries/restaurants to get my food adrenaline fixed. I'm not saying I don't eat street food, I'm saying I'll never visit a second time if I feel the freshness/taste of the food is not on the level that I want it to be. Sometimes I simply skip the place if there seems to be zero costumers for hours. Many of my extended-family are in F&B industry, we can tell.

My favorite character in the game. Don't like the food though.

NINTENDO64--WCW%20vs%20nWo%20%20World%20Tour_Jul30%2016_44_21.png

Why does Dim Sum look like Donald Trump?

Last edited:
Don't hate it but not a huge fan, don't like the texture.

Some of you in here I swear. Just order what you like. Don’t have to get the chicken feet jeeze.

Don't really know what it is but it doesn't look appealing.

Its mu favorite food, or one of them. My favorite place is Golden Unicorn in NYC. The time to go was during Covid because they were not doing the carts so they would just hand you a paper and you could circle whatever you wanted. I would get some exotic stuff. Now they just have the carts so its just the generic stuff. Still good though.

You don't actually tend to get it very much in the UK(outside of a few places in big cities), Chinese here is almost always more larger amounts of meat/veg with some kind of sauce.

Had it a few times on holiday in China 15-20 years ago, generally very nice and was noticeable that these places always had been ques of locals.

Back