Social Do you practice chivalry?

Women do like it. They notice shit like that right away.
I dont trip over myself to do it,but Ill hold a door open for a lady,nothing wrong w that.

Absolutely. Southern boy here. I used to stand when a lady entered the room but I’ve gotten away from that.

In terms of the holding door thing, everyone does it for everyone. It’s a Canadian hospitality thing. It’s a tell for me if you don’t you’re probably not from canada. Outside that, I go out of my way for the elderly and kids, adult women not so much. They barely even pay attention to their surroundings.

Yes, I'm from Texas, We're romantic fuckers down here. We open doors for ladies and all sorts of thoughtful shit.

You' d be surprised at all the granny poon you can get doing stuff like that.

<Kpop775>

Last edited:
Screw covid---Going to try to bring this back into fashion

wish me luck

giphy.gif

It was homecoming night, DECADES ago. After the dance, we entered the restaurant with our dates. Like a caveman, I went to find my seat, my friend Mike (it's one of the most common names, I won't even bother changing it!) Grabbed me and whispered, "push her chair in, man!!" :mad:

There are a lot of general etiquette or polite customs that people follow... some were more frequent in the past and dissolved as time went on. More common ones that most men follow include holding the door open for a woman (or for anyone for that matter), less common ones include standing up at a table when a woman stands (leaving or arriving).

I was out once with a group. In a goofy state, I told the guys that we must be gentlemen and stand when the women stand as well. We spent the remainder of the night goofily standing up and down as the women couldn't sit still. This is one of the lesser followed ones, and of course we were exaggerating.

I recall going on a job interview years back and waiting for the female interviewee (now boss) to sit. She was impressed that I did that. Much of it seems to be a lost art.

Stuff I do: Hold doors, walk on the side of the side of the sidewalk near the road, wait until a lady has entered her house before I drive off (if I dropped her off), "ladies first" in most scenarios.

Stuff I typically do not do: Open car doors (does anyone really still do that?), pull out chairs (most of the time we go to eat out it's a booth anyway.

What do you think about these customs and do you follow any (or all) of them?
I don’t do any of it. Fuck off with all of it. You want to be equal right? I will pay for the first date or two but after that we’re at least rotating

I see less and less chivalry among men to women , it’s been at least a decade since I saw that act

I do.

I hold doors for women and old people.

also I bring back the grocery cart.

I'll open or hold doors but I do that for men too.
I won't help an old lady across the street.
I won't stop to help a woman change a tire.
I won't have a woman's back if she says or does something stupid to someone and expects me to defend her actions when she's called out on it by the person.

lol no i do not even hold doors for them.

To an extent. I have to gauge it to see what the girl is like first. Personality traits, etc.

Whenever I am at the gym and see some woman trying to lift something, I promptly walk over and say something like: "what kind of gentleman would I be if I allowed you to lift that yourself." Then I pick it up for them... I'm not allowed back.

Back