Do you remember the cringeworthy late 90s early 00's music? Limp Bizkit, Blink182,Kid Rock,Eminem?

When your jimmies are getting rustled by blink-182 it's time to seek help

The 90's was the decade of Brit pop for me. Oasis, Blur, The Verve it was all good shit.

I saw Limp Bizkit and the Deftones in a club in philly many many years ago.

This was even before Limp Bizkits second album was released and the mainstream was graced with "NOOKIE." So I'd say around 97-1998. I was a teenager at the time. They were playing Counterfeit, Pollution and Stuck at the time. I thought it was an awesome show And it was aggressive as all hell.

This is after Korn graced the mainstream with "nu metal." I'd say that one Korn album and Limp Bizkits 1st album was the best of "nu metal" pretty much everything else sucked balls.

Another time I went to a K-Rock Dysfunctional Family Picnic Tour back in the early 2000's at Jones Beach that had a pretty big line up. If I'm not mistaken it was Korn, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, Kid Rock, Rob Zomibe, and Blink 182. This was when Howard Stern was at his biggest, coming off his movie and being number 1 on KRock across the country. He appeared at the concert and and introduced the final act.

That was a fun show as well.

Sorry but the current state of pop music/mainstream is far worst than anything Blink 182 or Limp Bizkit put out.

Hip hop is horrendous, theres no flow or rhymes just retarded mumbling pauses and noises and kids buy it up.
Here here!

Besides, Blink 182 and the rest kinda knew they were cringy, they made fun of themselves. Current rappers think they are geniuses, while the music is actually garbage.

Eminem is cringeworthy?

I like Eminem, and have since he dropped that song with Skam, but this is cringe worthy and I could never see myself listening to it in the car or putting it on if friends were over. Entertaining vid though:

People used to rag on Fred Durst's fashion sense even at the height of their popularity. Their videos were always pretty cringy, but the music itself was pretty good.

Eminem's rhymes are whack. Blink-182 doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

When did I say the music today was great or better?

Im just remembering my childhood and teen years the cringeworthy white boy street wannabe tough guy era with the Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock and Eminem dominating that era.

Em is still popular and relevant today.

I'm proud to say I never bought into the Limp Bizkit/Korn/Kid Rock nu-metal or rap-rock crap.

I thought it was garbage then, think it's garbage now.

Em's got serious skill though.

It's the genre that's pretty cringe worthy.

There's some great music from that era too.. Post punk revival.. The Strokes, White Stripes, Jet, etc.

This thread is ghey as fuck. And racist*

* and I not even a Hughes fan of "White" people (partially because of Sherdog), so that says something about that op.

Sometime in '98 was the year the 90's died. '96 was the last truly great year of the decade, '97 was still fine, but you felt the change coming, '98 had the last gasp of air as it died off. Most of the shit trends in music with boy bands and girl groups and Britney Spears types, rap rock, nu metal, southern rap, all that shit started to come on in popularity in '98, and it continued until the post punk and garage rock revival in 2003 or so (the last time any trend in music that wasn't mass produced junk made it big. After the garage rock/post-punk trend left the radio it's been pretty much all garbage.

There were only a few bands that were part of that scene that I liked, the Deftones (who I knew about a few years before the trend hit) and Sevendust being two.

Blink 182
Offspring
green day or shit day

However music today is pretty fucking awful. Espically Rap/hip hop

When you compare 90s rap to todays rap....ahahah yeah

I will now remember TS is a :eek::eek::eek: for lumping 2000 nu metal bands into limp bizkit.

Nonpoint and Nothingface were on fucking point in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Back