Do you sleep with..

The commercials on television wake me up. I use YouTube videos. Usually some older documentaries followed by one with the sounds of a thunderstorm. The history videos have to have a narrator with a good voice, like Bill Kurtis who did a lot of PBS videos.

I sleep with an earbud in listen to a podcast or something. Somehow it helps me tune myself out and just listen

I don't have a TV in the bedroom but I got some speakers. I'll stick on some Spotify playlist (I find it a great way of discovering new music since I typically spend hours laying there half awake anyway) or something like Thunderstorm noise

Why no TV in the bedroom?

I prefer if something is in the background like a podcast or show but it cant be too loud. That asshat McAffe will sometimes show up out of nowhere with his loud ass annoying voice. Even though i never watched him. I thought about his demise but then thanks to sherdog i found Brave browser and havent seen a ad since.

The T.V. On? I feel like it helps me sleep at night. I would play asmr massage video or some documentary.

I watch this typically.

Just loud enough to hear it, not loud enough to actually make out exactly what they're saying lol

Yep. Usually have Dateline or some other true crime stuff on. Not sure why. Gives me fucked up dreams

Last edited:
I sleep on the couch in the living room with the fan on, the tv on and the door and windows open, I need to hear the sounds of life going on all around me or i start to get paranoid
If the power goes out and things suddenly get silent, its like a reverse alarm clock and I snap awake instantly
This is fascinating. What causes the feeling of paranoia if you can't the sounds of life?

I was freaked out as a kid watching The Ring and that ghost chick creeping out of a TV, so I don't even have a TV in my bedroom. I have plenty of other existential dread to fill my nightmares
In grade 8 we took a bunch of mushrooms and went to see that movie on opening night. I was fucked up for a few months after.

I always set the TV & DVR for sleep timer 60 minutes. Used to be 45 min, but new DVR doesn't give that option. Seems easier to fall asleep with TV on vs. just hearing night time crickets.

No idea if the sleep timer abruptly shutting off constant recording DVR damages it. Maybe not since manually shutting it off probably has same effect.

Not usually, but there is something to it. If I'm having trouble sleeping, throwing on some news or a very talky drama, seems to put me out.

Back