Do you still wear a watch?

Do you still wear a watch?

• Total voters
It was weird when I stopped. Took a long time before I ceased looking to my wrist for the hour.

So does the solar charging hold up well on the garmin? I can see it being a non issue on something like a standard g shock but that garmin you have, has GPS right? I always wondered if the solar charging was adequate on a watch that has a GPS function which tends to drain battery.
I've never had to charge it but I'm always outside. I fish 3x a week and that takes all day. Then I run 4x week. The GPS is quite basic. Just a line graph not high tech like the Fenix but I dont use it often. I don't use much of the "smart" features since I'm old and dumb. Like I said I just like it because rugged and yellls at me when not in the zone.

Edit here is a extensive review

Last edited:
I used to wear a Rip Curl Rifles tide watch when I lived next to the ocean to keep track for surfing, skimboarding, and fishing.

I thought it looked pretty cool too

rip-curl-rifles-tide-watch.jpg

only when I run for the stopwatch function. running with a phone in your pocket sucks and the armbands that hold them just slide around in my experience

I used to wear a Longines Dolce Vita like this one back in 2000. I got it because I got a cool well-paid posting in NYC and was a little starry-eyed wannabe at the time. Now sits in my drawer.
Longines-Dolce-Vita-NO-RESERVE-PRICE-L56561-Men-2000-2010_1596336731_5357.jpg

Later I had one of these, A Tissot Visodate. I liked this watch a lot but the gold plating quickly got tarnished so now it’s looking quite sad.. Don’t get these gold-plated jobs people, no matter what fancy hi-tech plating the maker claims.
eb2e5aa0-9ef4-42df-ab61-69bfff7203c9

now I wear a Casio W-59B-7AVEF :p
Casio-W-59B-7AVEF-review-14.jpg

Samsung smart watch. At work, it's nice to see notifications without pulling my phone out. I can also answer call from my watch.

Back