Do you think Izzy will be able to drop Romero?

Will Izzy be able to drop Romero during their fight?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HAWTRIDDUM

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We saw Romero get clipped and dropped by Costa with a hook and recover immediately, yet ate some monster head kicks flush and took them without an issue.

The guy clearly has a chin, even at his age.

Do you think Israel will be able to put Romero down at some point in their fight?

Sure he can. It's a fight.

But I do struggle to see him flat out knocking him out.

But we have all seen stranger things I suppose.

Yoel can also KO Izzy though.

Both can ko each other and wouldn't shock me to see it either way

Yes he can. Costa's punching power is overrated and Israel is a way sharper striker.

Will Romero drop enough weight off of his LHW ass? That’s really the question at this point.

Of course. KG has a lot better boxing than Romero and we all know how that fight ended.

Not with one punch, like Romero can.

If he sees it coming, no. If it comes by surprise, like Costa'as short hook or Feijao's spinny shit? Yup. Your body just doesn't prepare for shots like that in time if it doesn't see em.

Yes he can. Costa's punching power is overrated and Israel is a way sharper striker.
Overrated punching power?
The guy stood toe to toe with Romero and dropped him.
Walked Uriah Hall down and made him look like lacked power when Hall is a very heavy hitter. Hall is also hard to break down and has comeback victories. Costa broke him in 2 rounds.

Costa doesn't have 1 shot power like Hendo or Hall but when he lands hooks to the head and body you can immedietly see his opponents show effects and they usually don't react well.

I agree he can but not because he hits as hard as Costa, Izzy is really good at landing on the button and hitting in smart combos even when his opponent is rocked.

Overrated punching power?
The guy stood toe to toe with Romero and dropped him.
Walked Uriah Hall down and made him look like lacked power when Hall is a very heavy hitter. Hall is also hard to break down and has comeback victories. Costa broke him in 2 rounds.

Costa doesn't have 1 shot power like Hendo or Hall but when he lands hooks to the head and body you can immedietly see his opponents show effects and they usually don't react well.

I agree he can but not because he hits as hard as Costa, Izzy is really good at landing on the button and hitting in smart combos even when his opponent is rocked.
You'll see that we have the same opinion i think: first of all, i did not mean to say that Israel is able to knock Romero down or out because he hits as hard as Costa, but because of his accuracy, as a sharp strike that lands perfectly is more than enough to knock someone down.

Now regarding Costa: i basically agree with you here. The thing is, that Costa hits hard, but i don't think that he's naturally a particularly hard puncher, moreso that his size alone makes his punches dangerous, whereas with a guy like Gastelum for example, you have someone who many describe at undersized at 185 but still has the power to immediately shut the lights out of almost anyone.
I think the best asset of Costa is the fact that he can sustain his unquestionably good power for a sustained period of time/for a rather high number of strikes, hence his great ability to walk people down.

I just think that many people, especially outside of sherdog see him as someone who knocks people stiff with single punches, instead of the relentless grinder that he is imho.

You'll see that we have the same opinion i think: first of all, i did not mean to say that Israel is able to knock Romero down or out because he hits as hard as Costa, but because of his accuracy, as a sharp strike that lands perfectly is more than enough to knock someone down.

Now regarding Costa: i basically agree with you here. The thing is, that Costa hits hard, but i don't think that he's naturally a particularly hard puncher, moreso that his size alone makes his punches dangerous, whereas with a guy like Gastelum for example, you have someone who many describe at undersized at 185 but still has the power to immediately shut the lights out of almost anyone.
I think the best asset of Costa is the fact that he can sustain his unquestionably good power for a sustained period of time/for a rather high number of strikes, hence his great ability to walk people down.

I just think that many people, especially outside of sherdog see him as someone who knocks people stiff with single punches, instead of the relentless grinder that he is imho.
Fair point, Romero really is a freak for coming back in the 3rd after getting battered for a round and a half.
Izzy does have more way more snap so he certainly has a high chance for a flash knockdown or KO

Yoel is pretty difficult to put away, so I'll be shocked if Izzy KO's him.

Fair point, Romero really is a freak for coming back in the 3rd after getting battered for a round and a half.
Izzy does have more way more snap so he certainly has a high chance for a flash knockdown or KO
True! I hope Izzy gets it done, although i have to admit that the comments about Romero feeling like "steel" or "concrete" still have me worried a bit, as cliche as they sound. Most people would be slightly softened after the three wars Romero has been through, but then again what's normal does not seem to apply to him, lol.

True! I hope Izzy gets it done, although i have to admit that the comments about Romero feeling like "steel" or "concrete" still have me worried a bit, as cliche as they sound. Most people would be slightly softened after the three wars Romero has been through, but then again what's normal does not seem to apply to him, lol.
Rockhold has been underrated for his striking at the time of the Romero fight and Romero did great in that fight with a (broken leg? or at least injured one).
Romero is hard to bet against when facing anybody in the MW division.

Lol Romero isn’t some unstoppable machine, he can’t even win a fight these days.

Back