Do you think Khabib could beat Derrick Lewis?

Derick is a bum. It’s a miracle that he’s ranked as high as he is. Khabib smokes him.
He may not be the best hw but he's one of the most dangerous.

5'8 LHW Illir Latifi almost beat Lewis moving up for the first time

Obviously Latifi is much thicker than Khabib but Khabib cuts a lot of weight to make 155. Hes easily be 190+ in gureat fighting shape and prolly can even hovering around 200 which is only like 30-40lbs less than Latifi. Lewis sucks and Latifi isn't that good himself so I'd give Khabib a decent chance but prolly not outright favor him

Last edited:
FocusedWellinformedBantamrooster-small.gif

I see this posted on Facebook and people in the comments were saying Khabib would beat him.

So what do you think Sherdog?

View attachment 832977

Nope lol. Someone post that gif where Derrick Lewis is taken down just literally stands back up with zero technique or form. He is very very strong and makes a mockery of the ground game. Only one that kept him down is DC but thats a fat Olympian level guy that can really shift his weight around

Theres weight classes for a reason homie

If he bulks up then it's not unlikely. Black Beast is mediocre at best, but he is of course dangerous to anyone below HW simply due to his size, chin and power. That being said, DC is/was an overweight MW and is only slightly taller than Khabib. Khabib on Ubereem's horse meat would of course be at a height disadvantage, but with a higher weight and increase in strength I don't see why he shouldn't be able to GNP Black Beast to oblivion.

So in short - LW sized Khabib loses, horse meat Khabib probably wins.

This is actually a great topic. Thank you OP.

Stylistically its fantastic to think about. At first thought, you're like "HAHA Lewis would murder him!"

But than you realize that Khabib has probably done a lot of sparring with Rockhold and some bigger 70'ers at AKA and forsure he grapples with DC and Cain regularly. DC and him are good friends and I bet Khabib has probably subbed DC a few times when they are rolling.

If for some reason Khabib could trip him or single leg him and take his back, its not out of the realm of possibility that he could RNC Lewis.

It is highly unlikely and I would say Lewis beats Khabib 7-8/10 times but I dont think its crazy to say Khabib COULD defeat him.

Its possible .
Minowaman was 5'9 and 185 pounds and beat Butter Bean , Zulu , Choi Hong-man and Sappo . Granted , Lewis is a better fighter than these guys , but Khabib is also a better fighter than Minowa .
20091007113304_200910060911.jpeg

5'8 LHW Illir Latifi almost beat Lewis moving up for the first time

Obviously Latifi is much thicker than Khabib but Khabib cuts a lot of weight to make 155. Hes easily be 190+ in gureat fighting shape and prolly can even hovering around 200 which is only like 30-40lbs less than Latifi. Lewis sucks and Latifi isn't that good himself so I'd give Khabib a decent chance but prolly not outright favor him

Illir Latifi is 70lbs of pure muscle more than Khabib, and went 3/7 on TDs. Don't be stupid.

If for some reason Khabib could trip him or single leg him and take his back, its not out of the realm of possibility that he could RNC Lewis.

Derrick would literally just pick Khabib up or stand up if he ever got taken down by Khabib.

The guy just shrugs off HW black belt grapplers and you think Khabib could at all hold him down lol.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Khabib would run into a wall & get 1 punched.

LOL, no.

Lewis actually did beat plenty of legit HEAVYWEIGHTS.

This is a ridiculous idea.

Back