Forget Stipe, is Jones vs Poatan the best fight the UFC can make right now?

Who do you want to see Bones fight next?

• Total voters
Jones haters hyping Alex up realizing they made a horrible mistake and provided Jones another easy victory.

Jesus, he really is completely and totally ducking and avoiding that Tom fight.

True, Jon's legacy shows his non-stop self-doubt & lack of courage ever since he didn't follow DC to the Heavy Weight division. Jon cowardly ducked DC, then spent years hiding silently from every other fighter on the ufc HW roster.
Jonny looking to weasel out of a dangerous fight at HW. I wanna see the Tom fight.
Successfully hiding from HW fighters was textbook Jon for years, and his current sham title situation being allowed has been sickening.​

Alex's response.

'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift​

Alex Pereira admits he was caught off guard Friday morning as the phone notifications rolled in.

During a UFC 301 fight week in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil that he won’t compete on, the promotion’s light heavyweight champion Pereira (10-2 MMA, 7-1 UFC) is the center of attention once again thanks to a series of tweets by UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

“Yeah, it caught me by surprise, especially after I saw the first message. I didn’t really expect to see that this morning. I know we’ve been doing a very good job. There’s all this hype around me right now. I spoke about going up to heavyweight to fight on this card. I knew it’d catch some eyes eventually. I didn’t expect it to be so fast. But I was very honored and it was a very respectful message, so it was fun.” (...)

For me to move up to heavyweight, I need some time – but not that much time because I’m already a big guy. So if they give me the green light and say, ‘Hey, this fight is happening,’ I’m 100 percent getting ready for it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2024/05/ufc-news-alex-pereira-vs-jon-jones-response-interview-poatan

True, Jon's legacy shows his non-stop self-doubt & lack of courage ever since he didn't follow DC to the Heavy Weight division. Jon cowardly ducked DC, then spent years hiding silently from every other fighter on the ufc HW roster.

Successfully hiding from HW fighters was textbook Jon for years, and his current sham title situation being allowed has been sickening.​

I actually had faith Jon would do the right thing at HW and challenge himself and fight the best, like he did at LHW. But its looking like the move was more about legacy and getting second belt for status and taking the more favorable fights.

MASSIVE DUCK.

If Jones isn’t fighting Stipe, it has to be Aspinall.

Jones is angling for a Poatan fight because he knows he manhandles him on the ground.

I actually had faith Jon would do the right thing at HW and challenge himself and fight the best, like he did at LHW. But its looking like the move was more about legacy and getting second belt for status and taking the more favorable fights.

Pitiful cowardice is his legacy, it's all he has shown the world for years.​

Last edited:
Not just Jon and Izzy fans but a lot of salty fighters out there who just can't cope with a kickboxing champ coming in and whipping people's asses and becoming a double champ in short order.
Yeah the K1 fans are in need of a hero after Gokhan was laid out by Khalil. They'll eat up whatever Alex accomplishes.

Poatan literally got swept and controlled on the ground by Adesanya. Any chance he has against Jones is on the feet but there is zero chance Jon takes any chances and stands long enoughfor Alex to get anything going. He shoots right out of the gate and Poatan has been taken down by everybody that has tried to. He ain't making it out of round 1 with Jones.

Lmao at Aspinall not having a path to victory. He is bigger, heavier, younger, more powerful, and much, MUCH faster than either Jon or Poatan. Everything the does is fight ending, both on the feet and on the ground. He's literally a threat to Jon anywhere the fight goes.

Nobody thinks Jon would be an easy fight for Tom, he's Jon Jones and can beat anybody. But nobody thinks Aspinall is a walk in the park for Jones either, which is why his fans want to see any fight BUT that one.

The only people trying to make out like Poatan is either, a more intriguing fight, or, has more chance of winning than Aspinall are Jones fans, and they aren't being very slick about it either. I'm as big a fan of Pereira as anybody else but he is a walk over for Jon.
Hahhaa 99% chance you are a UK based Aspinall fan

As Jones said, Aspinall only matters in the UK.

Poatan is a rising star, worldwide, currently one of the biggest UFC fighters

This, this and this.
Tom, it's the only fight that makes sense to unify the titles
Pereira should be fighting Ankalaev next
No.

If you were Dana would you bring out Jones, one of UFC biggest stars ever, that fights rarely, would you bring him out of retirement to fight the slightly irrelevant Aspinall? And probably get crushed?

And then also make the rising star Poatan fight against a one dimensional fighter that no one cares about (Ank) that has the match up advantage?

You guys are tripping!! You are completely oblivious as to how businesses make money. Do you think UFC is a NGO??
Hahahahjaaaaaa prove me wrong

All the petty haters here.
If he fights Aspinall it means he's ducking Poatan.
If he fights Poatan he's ducking Aspinall.
it says a lot about how envious people are of success.

All the petty haters here.
If he fights Aspinall it means he's ducking Poatan.
If he fights Poatan he's ducking Aspinall.
it says a lot about how envious people are of success.

No one would say he's ducking Alex lol

He wants no part of Aspinall. It's pretty obvious. Not like Aspinall is unbeatable or anything but there's no clear path to victory like there is against Gane and Periera.

No.

If you were Dana would you bring out Jones, one of UFC biggest stars ever, that fights rarely, would you bring him out of retirement to fight the slightly irrelevant Aspinall? And probably get crushed?

And then also make the rising star Poatan fight against a one dimensional fighter that no one cares about (Ank) that has the match up advantage?

You guys are tripping!! You are completely oblivious as to how businesses make money. Do you think UFC is a NGO??
Hahahahjaaaaaa prove me wrong
To be fair, the question was "who do you want to see Bobes fight next" not "who should Bones fight to make Dana more money".

If Jones knocked out Aspinall in the first round you'd all move on quickly to the next ducking accusations. I'm sure all of you said Gane would expose him too.
There's no exposing Jon. He's (probably) the GOAT. Exposing should be used for hype trains or prospects, IMHO

To be fair, the question was "who do you want to see Bobes fight next" not "who should Bones fight to make Dana more money".
Well, who should Bones fight to makes Bones more money?

Back