The fight Jon Jones should ask for

Dogshare

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The Stipe fight doesn't make sense. Yes Jones will probably win, but other than that it doesn't do anything. I don't read here often and maybe it is already said many times, but there is an other fight that Jones could win and which has more value than defeating an old inactive fighter.

Alex Pereira is the same age as Jon Jones. Also has a big experience and won belts, and is the current champion of 'Jon Jones weightclass'. It would be champion vs champion of the two most heavy divisions, a fight both fighters would deserve and Alex already stated he wanted to go to heavyweight also. This would be a fight that would make sense now, instead of Stipe - Jones which would make sense 5 years ago.

I understand Jones doesn't want to fight Aspinal. It is a high risk low reward kind of fight in his eyes, because Aspinal is the younger and heavier fighter without having a big name yet. Jones should ask for Pereira, which is an easier fight for him and a bigger name. Jones would have a good chance to win and Alex would probably take it. Champ vs Champ, people would buy it and it would actually be interesting to see.

It will still be an obvious paper ploy. He has to get back down to LHW, which I cannot see him doing. Or having Alex go up to HW which he isn't a natural for and has never fought as....
It's not a grandstand fight. But if the fight is in the UFC. It should be Tom. Or he should drop the belt

Last edited:
The Stipe fight doesn't make sense. Yes Jones will probably win, but other than that it doesn't do anything. I don't read here often and maybe it is already said many times, but there is an other fight that Jones could win and which has more value than defeating an old inactive fighter.

Alex Pereira is the same age as Jon Jones. Also has a big experience and won belts, and is the current champion of 'Jon Jones weightclass'. It would be champion vs champion of the two most heavy divisions, a fight both fighters would deserve and Alex already stated he wanted to go to heavyweight also. This would be a fight that would make sense now, instead of Stipe - Jones which would make sense 5 years ago.

I understand Jones doesn't want to fight Aspinal. It is a high risk low reward kind of fight in his eyes, because Aspinal is the younger and heavier fighter without having a big name yet. Jones should ask for Pereira, which is an easier fight for him and a bigger name. Jones would have a good chance to win and Alex would probably take it. Champ vs Champ, people would buy it and it would actually be interesting to see.

Jon wins in a faster time than the Gane fight.

Stipe is Bones retirement fight. He wins easily and trolls Aspinal into the sunset...:cool:
<mma1>

It would be better for the sport,so long as they dont book an instant rematch.

Stipe says he would fight Tom if he wins the title back.

yeah but i think they'll book an instant rematch. especially if Jon gets KO'd or finished. i just wonder how that kind of loss would affect Jon.

Lol why is everyone hating or writing off Stipe I don't understand it ... The guy was champion before Ngannou has beaten Ngannou.. D.C etc ..

Stipe isnt that much older then Jon... And this is HW where age doesnt mean as much as it does in other divisions as power is the last thing to go in a fighter ...

Seems like just Jones hate

Jones will get no credit for that fight
They will just say he is picking on guys who can't wrestle , one dimensional striker etc
Yes maybe and it's true to some extend. But it's still a win against an active champion with some great skills also. It is a much better win than against a 42 year old Stipe that is basically already retired for some years now and that didn't win a fight for a long time.

Lol why is everyone hating or writing off Stipe I don't understand it ... The guy was champion before Ngannou has beaten Ngannou.. D.C etc ..

Stipe isnt that much older then Jon... And this is HW where age doesnt mean as much as it does in other divisions as power is the last thing to go in a fighter ...

I don't hate Jones. I just like to see good fights and Jon Jones is one of the fighters that I still look forward to see fight.

Stipe is about 6 years older, which is a lot after the age of 35. If Stipe would also be 36, it would be a great fight. Now it is too late, while for Pereira the time is right to fight at the highest level.

I'll let Jon know next weekend when I see him. This would have way more hype than the Aspinall fight too.

We are gonna watch Jones but I don't see people waiting and bating for the stipe fight. So after his last fight 2 years ago he will face a man who hasn't fought in an even longer time. They could stretch this until stipe is around 45 of dana plays his cards right.

Bingo! I'm writing off Miocic because I hate Jones.

Did you see stipe walking into the arena at 295 I think it was? The guy was basically hobbling. I swear he had a cane too

I don't hate Jones. I just like to see good fights and Jon Jones is one of the fighters that I still look forward to see fight.

Stipe is about 6 years older, which is a lot after the age of 35. If Stipe would also be 36, it would be a great fight. Now it is too late, while for Pereira the time is right to fight at the highest level.

Alex is an easier fight for Jones let's be honest stipe is much more well-rounded of a mixed martial artist than Alex all Jones would have to do is the same recipe he used against Gane

Back