Do you think the Covid pandemic was exaggerated?

Do you think the Covid pandemic was exaggerated?

• Total voters
Obviously it was. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a sheep. Also they probably have blue hair and are fat.

Not to mention people were given almost NO treatment options, particularly early treatment.

Not even vitamin d, vitamin c, x amount of day exercise, and x amount of sleep per night.... nothing during a super duper deadly pandemic, but "wait at home and go to the hospital if you get really bad."
Also the intentional blockade of early treatment with Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine, and Monoclonal Antibodies.

Yes, it was exaggerated, but not always by design. What's different about today's world is that nowadays everyone can be a sort of media. Just look at celebrities. They have millions of followers on social media who look upon them as gods. All it takes is one popular hypochondriac, and all of a sudden, you'll have an army of people who are scared shitless, and who will in turn do some fearmongering of their own.

Last edited:
If this happened in Roman times, they wouldn't even have noticed it, like Afganistan of today.

No need to go that far back in time. Had it happened at any point prior to Cold war era, history would have remembered it only if some important figures had died from it. I can easily imagine a sentence like this in children's schoolbooks: "President X died that year from a particularly bad strain of flu."

Do you think it was an overreaction? Although so far there's been 6.1 million deaths due to Covid. So you can't deny it had a certain amount of affect/effect to the world.

But even if Covid and this pandemic never happened do you believe their would have been as much deaths due to deaths by accidents (like car accident deaths) or other ways of dying basically.

Because everything became a lockdown in most countries to some point. These other risk of ways of dying decreased so who knows maybe it all balanced out in the end.

Also did life expectancy lower because of Covid or not so much?

I don't know know any of these answers just wanting to hear what your perspectives are on this.
My answer will be more specific to the US since that's where I'm from and where I've been throughout the pandemic. YMMV wherever you are and have been.

I think the US was right to act in the manner in which we did. We've had more Covid-19 deaths in 2 years than AIDS deaths in 40 years. Yet you've got people on this board who don't even think it's a pandemic. It's worse than AIDS but it's not a pandemic. Okay.

There are some countries like Sweden which never had lock downs and came out okay. But Sweden wasn't as much of an epicenter as many parts of the US like New York and Los Angeles were. Also, Sweden has universal healthcare and one of the healthiest populations on earth. The US is the only developed nation without universal healthcare, we have tens of millions of uninsured and under-insured people, and we have higher levels of obesity, diabetes and other comorbidities with Covid-19.

It's also worth noting that Sweden had about 10x as many fatalities from Covid-19 as Norway did, despite having only 2x the population. So proportionally the death rate was much higher. That ought to give you some perspective. It's not hard to surmise that Norway likely would have had a death rate in line with Sweden if they hadn't had lock downs. Would they have been as bad off as countries like the US? No, but I imagine they still think it was worth it.

There are a lot of moving parts and the facts on the ground are constantly changing and governments and NGO and corporations have to be reactive to these factors as they take place. Not everything is part of some grand conspiracy by the other side or by the elites. Did we do some stupid and unnecessary stuff? Sure, but I think most of it was well intended and either has been adjusted or will be adjusted.

CDC themselves released info that over 74% of people admitted to hospitals were overweight or obese.
Over 2/3 of the US adult population is overweight or obese, so that is to be expected. This isn't the slam dunk you think it is. You seem to dismiss it as "oh it's just fat people, whatever." Well, when the average person is fat, you can't just dismiss it. This is who we are. We're not fucking Swedes. We're not all tall and lean. We're some fat motherfuckers. Deal with it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/o...d-of-adults-in-the-United-States-have-obesity.

In Alberta, Canada there has been 4000 covid deaths. Predominantly 65+ years old. how many of these deaths are actually from covid is debatable.

In the same time frame there has been approx 4000 opioid deaths. This isnt including stimulant deaths. Predominantly 18 to 40 age group.

Something to think about

One super important detail..

I virus SO DEADLY

You have to take a test to see if you are infected. (Pcr testing for a cold virus courtesy of the FDA info sheet saying they didn't have covid 19 sample when making the test so they used Corona virus rna Sequence)

AND people ARE STILL obsessed by it .

A virus so deadly the people who knew the most about It (uk governemt) had parties, traveled all over the UK in lockdown, had affairs blah blah blah..

One super important detail..

I virus SO DEADLY

You have to take a test to see if you are infected. (Pcr testing for a cold virus courtesy of the FDA info sheet saying they didn't have covid 19 sample when making the test so they used Corona virus rna Sequence)

AND people ARE STILL obsessed by it .

A virus so deadly the people who knew the most about It (uk governemt) had parties, traveled all over the UK in lockdown, had affairs blah blah blah..
Covid-19 has killed more people in the UK in 2 years than AIDS has in 40. Almost 21 million confirmed cases and almost 1.3 million in the last 7 days. There have been 160k HIV diagnoses in the UK for comparison. This is worse than the AIDS crisis.

By the way, I'm not saying we need to panic or anything. But let's not bury our heads in the sand either. It's a major crisis that needed to be dealt with. I think we can basically get back to normal now due to mass inoculation, but let's not act like "it's just the flu, bro!"

Covid-19 has killed more people in the UK in 2 years than AIDS has in 40. Almost 21 million confirmed cases and almost 1.3 million in the last 7 days. There have been 160k HIV diagnoses in the UK for comparison. This is worse than the AIDS crisis.

By the way, I'm not saying we need to panic or anything. But let's not bury our heads in the sand either. It's a major crisis that needed to be dealt with. I think we can basically get back to normal now due to mass inoculation, but let's not act like "it's just the flu, bro!"

You people need to get a grip on reality.

It was just a flu bro .. always was always will be.. ain't nothing you or the contradictory government or computer modelers can say to make it actual reality no matter how many lies you tell.

Yes and ,as soon as the Russia/ Ukraine war settles, they'll be a new more dangerous variant.....
Yes, but if we all mask up, get our 37th booster, stay 6 feet apart (not 5 or 7 feet) we might be able to beat ths thing again. Your immune system doesn't matter, nor does Vitamin D, exercise, proper nutrition or connecting with your fellow man. If we all listen to our leaders we will win because we are in this together. As long as you listen and follow directions you are safe. If you don't you are selfish, a conspiracy theorist, a white supremicist (even if you aren't white), a Putin supporter and just plain selfish. It's not about you, it's about the person next to you, granny in the nursing home and keeping others safe. You don't want to put others in jeopardy now do you? Remember, the vaccines are safe and effective. Does that mean people aren't getting injured or even dying from the vaccine? No, they are but the vaccines are safe and effective. If we all keep repeating safe and effective we can wish that into existence. Actual science doesn't matter as long as we follow our leaders and do what we are told.

My answer will be more specific to the US since that's where I'm from and where I've been throughout the pandemic. YMMV wherever you are and have been.

I think the US was right to act in the manner in which we did. We've had more Covid-19 deaths in 2 years than AIDS deaths in 40 years. Yet you've got people on this board who don't even think it's a pandemic. It's worse than AIDS but it's not a pandemic. Okay.

There are some countries like Sweden which never had lock downs and came out okay. But Sweden wasn't as much of an epicenter as many parts of the US like New York and Los Angeles were. Also, Sweden has universal healthcare and one of the healthiest populations on earth. The US is the only developed nation without universal healthcare, we have tens of millions of uninsured and under-insured people, and we have higher levels of obesity, diabetes and other comorbidities with Covid-19.

It's also worth noting that Sweden had about 10x as many fatalities from Covid-19 as Norway did, despite having only 2x the population. So proportionally the death rate was much higher. That ought to give you some perspective. It's not hard to surmise that Norway likely would have had a death rate in line with Sweden if they hadn't had lock downs. Would they have been as bad off as countries like the US? No, but I imagine they still think it was worth it.

There are a lot of moving parts and the facts on the ground are constantly changing and governments and NGO and corporations have to be reactive to these factors as they take place. Not everything is part of some grand conspiracy by the other side or by the elites. Did we do some stupid and unnecessary stuff? Sure, but I think most of it was well intended and either has been adjusted or will be adjusted.
Your statistics about Sweden don't tell the whole story. Most of the deaths were in nursing homes. There were almost no deaths under 25 years old. I would agree that Sweden did a terrible job in protecting their geriatric population. They didn't have a good strategy for dealing with the ederly in nursing homes. I think most countries (I live in the U.S.) did a horrible job. There is a strategy for handling pandemics (see Great Barrington Declaration). It wasn't followed with predictable results. I also believe in the Nuremberg Code so it's hard for me to agree with the strategy here in the U.S.

Exaggerated? It was literally a showing of the most petrified people on earth. The data suggests a complete meltdown of critical thinking skills.

It was important to see just how many people are more concerned about being alive than living a quality life. Frightening stuff!

Last edited:
At first, no. We just didn't know enough and the reaction was probably appropriate. Over time, it became more about control, lies, narrative and ultimately, political.
This. A few weeks in and it was ok. By summer most the people that weren’t msm zombies knew it wasn’t that and wised up. It got bad and many doubled down on the lies and repression

You people need to get a grip on reality.

It was just a flu bro .. always was always will be.. ain't nothing you or the contradictory government or computer modelers can say to make it actual reality no matter how many lies you tell.
Everything I said was factual. You can't refute the facts so you shout histrionic nonsense at people. Sad!

Firstly you are making a comprassion between hiv and a seasonal respiratory illness .. that is stupid..

Secondly it's really stupid
Thirdly you are stupid

Firstly you are making a comprassion between hiv and a seasonal respiratory illness .. that is stupid..

Secondly it's really stupid
Thirdly you are stupid

HIV is in the equation, a least for the vaccinated…
<GinJuice>

Back