Does anybody know how to book a pro mma debut fight?

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
I’m looking to get a friend of mine his first pro mma debut but I’m not sure how to get anybody from a promotion to talk too. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I tried contact us via a few promotions websites but haven’t gotten much of a response

Follow all your local promotions and MMA gyms on social media, they will be looking for random fighters to fill out upcoming cards

I used to help manage and promote on the local MMA scene and they would need last minute fighters for just about every single card

Has he fought amateur yet?
Is he licensed?
Are his medicals up to date?

These are 3 important questions that you are gonna need to provide proof of so you better be on top of that

I’m looking to get a friend of mine his first pro mma debut but I’m not sure how to get anybody from a promotion to talk too. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I tried contact us via a few promotions websites but haven’t gotten much of a response
Network with local fighters and gyms

Texas?

Tapology has like 10 events listed for the next couple of weeks...

Hell , even One Stop Light Town ... Sinton Texas is having one

I'm guessing... steamroll a few in the Amateurs.

@Nathan LaMontagne

Realistically one's best bet is through their gym.

You can also find your local amateur league (CAMO for example in California)

----------

For me it was very different.

When I first had fights it was still very much illegal in California.

My first amateur fight was a t a boxing gym when an instructor of mine convinced them to have an MMA match.

My two "Pro" Fights (I got paid.) Were talking with shady people (one an announcer/promoter and the other was a guy I trained with at a said boxing gym)

step 1: get licensed with the state.
Step 2: get licensed with the national governing body
Step 3: fill out fighter applications for upcoming shows, reach out to promoters directly. Let them know you’re licensed and ready to rumble.

Yes has about 10 amateur fights and licensed and medicals are all up to date. Could you tel me a few of those promotions that would do that?

Already a lot of good answers so I'm gonna say head to your local bar and fight the bouncer.

Find a populated street and do full speed running windmill punches at anyone in your weight class until someone signs a contract.

Anyone? So you mean LGBTQ2S+9? Like Any person out there? Got it 👍

Give him 10 dollars to slapp you.
Then he get got paid to fight.

You are welcome
Don't listen to him bet 10.25 to do a Powerslap match. The 25 cents is the quarter you flip.

Back