Does anybody know how to book a pro mma debut fight?

I’m looking to get a friend of mine his first pro mma debut but I’m not sure how to get anybody from a promotion to talk too. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I tried contact us via a few promotions websites but haven’t gotten much of a response
Go to a ufc event and try talk to Dana.

Usually the main trainer at every MMA gym know this/has connections. As long as you are licensed and stuff it should be pretty easy to get a match at a local event.

Usually the main trainer at every MMA gym know this/has connections. As long as you are licensed and stuff it should be pretty easy to get a match at a local event.

Network with local fighters and gyms

Realistically one's best bet is through their gym.

Every time this sort of thing comes up I'm left with the overwhelming impression that the prospective fighter is not actually training at a real gym with other amateurs / pros.

Every time this sort of thing comes up I'm left with the overwhelming impression that the prospective fighter is not actually training at a real gym with other amateurs / pros.

Yep. I mean, I know at least one promoter (possibly former but still has connections) FFS and I'm a hobbyist BJJ guy.

Or we're being trolled

Can't he get fights booked through his gym? That's essentially how it works around kansas city. Promotions reach out to gyms, or vice versa. Most gyms are very aware of upcoming events, what levels of fighters, etc.

Dana White had a show called “ Dana White Lookin for a Bum.” Give that a try!

You should go through a gym or a coach if it's low level. Most gyms have their own connections etc etc. Promoters will seek them out or they will have connections. If it's a professional gym like Jackson's then you might have to sign a contract etc etc and have management.

If you got the cash, get your promoter license, have your own training camp with your own trainer/sparring partners and then throw a local event. Make sure you have insurance, budget and approval in your state and province.

This way, you set up the match, control the event and are master of your domain.

This is my path if my net profit grows. I have trainers in boxing,sambo,, Tang Soo Do and Kung Fu. Goal would be to have my own event and keep it small time like fight club. Like in some dingy basement at some 90s/2000s music night event. I would be also headlining because I am awesome!

Also don't overbook fighters, goal is to not make money but get legitimized to be on Sherdog fight finder. Keep it fun, get some sexy ring girls and have it be a jovial fun event.

You looking for your boy to be fed to some monster up and comer? Because it doesn't sound like you're planning on doing your due diligence here.

I’m looking to get a friend of mine his first pro mma debut but I’m not sure how to get anybody from a promotion to talk too. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I tried contact us via a few promotions websites but haven’t gotten much of a response
Contact your state commission

Quickest and easiest way to on your own is follow the local promotions on social media and you'll often find them looking to fill space whether it be for a weight class fight or for a late fill in and if you have the basics like medicals and all then theyll at the very least consider. Be careful with shady promoters though that may try to take advantage in one way or another.

Best route to go is have your gym/coach be on the lookout, they should know the legitimate places and people to talk with. They will also be on the lookout for the little things so you aren't taken advantage of and can also look for a good pro starter fight to build that confidence, get a good matchup and so on. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Pop on down to your local Waffle House.

Back