Does anybodyelse think that a Prime Tito or Liddell would excel in LHW division today?

filthybliss

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I feel the fact that old man glover was able to reach the top speaks volumes about the competition fall off since the jones era. I have not been particularly impressed by Hill since Geriatric Glover was able to stay in with him for 5 rounds. I think Poatan is great but I am unsure how scary he is at LHW till the Hill fight happens.

Prime Chuck got smashed by Shogun of all people, so no.

I feel the fact that old man glover was able to reach the top speaks volumes about the competition fall off since the jones era. I have not been particularly impressed by Hill since Geriatric Glover was able to stay in with him for 5 rounds. I think Poatan is great but I am unsure how scary he is at LHW till the Hill fight happens.

I'm sorry Mr. Joined the forum this month - but Poatan is a two weight division world kickboxing champion, what accolades does Hill possess in striking? Please provide clarification as to why you would need to wait for them to fight? We all know Sweet Dreams is going into a coma. One leg kick and he'll be a deer in headlights. The guy is already facetiming Adesanya for advice. He's already in panic mode.

I still dont understand why people think it's a knock on Hill to not finish Glover after a one side beat down over 5 rounds; yet still think highly of Jiri who went life and death with Glover, 6 months earlier, and got a sub with less than 30 seconds remaining in their fight.

Tito was always pretty susceptible to body shots, so it's a toss-up with him, but Chuck could absolutely hang with the top ten. His chin was great until it wasn't. Same with his timing.

I still dont understand why people think it's a knock on Hill to not finish Glover after a one side beat down over 5 rounds; yet still think highly of Jiri who went life and death with Glover, 6 months earlier, and got a sub with less than 30 seconds remaining in their fight.
People are overrating Hills finishing ability. They act like he’s Francis when he couldn’t even finish a 50 yr old on the feet

People are overrating Hills finishing ability. They act like he’s Francis when he couldn’t even finish a 50 yr old on the feet

Who the heck is saying he's Francis? Neither Jiri nor Blachowicz could finish Glover either. I'm not seeing how that's some unique knock on Hill. Glover has only been knocked out twice. One by Rumble and once after a 5 round beating by prime Gus.

Izzy isn't a knockout artist either but was able to finish Pereira, so Hill doing so isnt out of the question. You don't have to be Rumble to finish Pereira.

I'm going to go against the type and say neither would be champion but I think Chuck would have more success then Tito but I don't think Chuck could hold the belt, regardless of the current state at 205. People over estimate how good Chuck's chin actually was. Sure, it was obviously better when he was in his prime but he had been taken out by strikes in his prime before. Randy had finished him with strikes, Rampage was getting the better of the exchanges on the feet, Overeem had Chuck dazed a few times when they fought. Chuck would have plenty of power to grab him some wins for sure, but I'd pick Poatan to beat him prime against prime.

Tito was always pretty susceptible to body shots, so it's a toss-up with him, but Chuck could absolutely hang with the top ten. His chin was great until it wasn't. Same with his timing.
Tito still managed to beat prime Wand and Belfort, though. I think both prime Chuck and Tito would do well and maybe champs at some point. I don't think either would dominate and defend their belts 5 times or anything, though. Since Jones left it's been about style match-ups and who's having a better night. It reminds me of LW between the time of Bendo and Khabib...lots of "one and done" champs or guys who defended their belt once at the most. LHW was like that between Chuck and Jones' championship reigns, too.

Back