Does anyone consider Rory Macdonald Undefeated

Why then?

I've watched the fight recently, and MacDonald wasn't in any worst shape with 6 seconds left than with 2 minutes left. Same exact situation, not worst, not better. So why suddenly stop it with 6 seconds left?

I can't see it as an early stoppage, but if you let it go for 3 minutes, it doesn't make sense to suddenly stop it when MacDonald is still defending (poorly) in the same way.

The ref stops the fight when he decides one fighter has had enough. He doesn't check his watch first to see if he should just leave them to take a Japanese beating for a bit longer.

I still consider it a loss but it was a terrible stoppage. If he was going to stop it he should have done it before 10 seconds left. Really he still defending himself so I don't know.

Why at that moment?

I've watched the fight recently, and MacDonald wasn't in any worst shape with 6 seconds left than with 2 minutes left. Same exact situation, not worst, not better. So why suddenly stop it with 6 seconds left?

I can't see it as an early stoppage, but if you let it go for 3 minutes, it doesn't make sense to suddenly stop it when MacDonald is still defending (poorly) in the same way.
You answered your own question there rly :p

If he wasn't improving his defence the ref saw no reason to let it go on, getting beaten down for that amount of time and not improving at all is enough of a reason.

A ref wont look at the situation and think, hm hes been getting beaten in fairly badly for the past few minutes, but there's only 6 seconds left, F it i'll just let the fight end. He didn't see any improvements and called it, simple as that, he got beat :p

no his beatdown at the hand of Condit converted me to a condit fan

then condit lost his credibility with me with his subsequent performance against diaz

I still consider it a loss but it was a terrible stoppage. If he was going to stop it he should have done it before 10 seconds left. Really he still defending himself so I don't know.

Like over 100 people have said on this thread, referee's shouldn't care about clock time, that's not their job. It is very hard for some people to understand that it doesn't matter if it is 2:50 or 4:50 on the clock.

No. That's ridiculously stupid.

Like over 100 people have said on this thread, referee's shouldn't care about clock time, that's not their job. It is very hard for some people to understand that it doesn't matter if it is 2:50 or 4:50 on the clock.

No we understand completely but there was no reason to stop it at that point, he was taking GNP just as he had been the entire round, nothing changed with 10 seconds left.

I hope BJ kills this hype train tomorrow.

I love how every fighter in existence is a hype train.

With that said, no. Condit beat him down in the third round. It's made him a better fighter. Quite often you learn more in defeat than in victory.

refs job is to protect the fighter, not keep an eye out for the clock when he's getting annihilated.

Here's a great idea for a thread. Someone names a fighter with several losses on his record. Then people have to use crazy Sherdawg logic to show that each loss wasn't legitimate and the fighter should really be considered undefeated.

haha I am a rory fan, but Carlos kicked his ass, it doesnt even matter that few seconds were left, he tko'ed him genuinely.

Here's a great idea for a thread. Someone names a fighter with several losses on his record. Then people have to use crazy Sherdawg logic to show that each loss wasn't legitimate and the fighter should really be considered undefeated.

What's funny is some people will agree, however stupid it is.

Gotta love Sherdog!

No. Condit showed his mental strength in that fight and proceeded to smash Rory up. Rory even said himself it was a just stoppage.

I do not. He lost to Condit.

Back