Does anyone legitimately think Fedor can beat DC/Cain?

Fedor Emelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DC/Cain in their primes are some of the most skilled heavyweight mma fighters. Does anyone think prime vs prime fedor could beat them?

Fedor in his early 30s ducked overeem, got beaten by bigfoot, submitted by Werdum and koed by Dan Henderson. DC was well out of his prime when he fight Stipe but he would still beat Werdum/Bigfoot and Dan Henderson.

Cain would hold him against the cage and beat him up and wear him down. DC would walk him down beat him up and probably throw him over the octagon.

Do you ever think Cain/DC would ever get beaten by Fabio or Bader.. DC could walk of his couch and beat both on the same day.

Fedor is a meme at this point, probably has the most padded record of any HW.

People say Fedor was "out of his prime" however he was early 30s when he started to get whipped. This was also the time when he started fighting in America.

It just so happens he starts to get whooped when he fights in America.

giphy.gif

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

Cain%2BVelasquez%2Bvs%2BAnt%C3%B4nio%2BRodrigo%2BNogueira%2B(2).gif

Last edited:
Cain is the most overrated HW of all time.

Don't care what his potential was..... He beat very few guys who weren't shot by the time he fought them.... He then got tooled by werdum badly and never won again.

I get the praise for DC. Cain's resume is a joke for the praise he gets.

Yes, absolutely. If I am comparing Cain and DC with Fedor prime for prime the only advantage I can give them is their wrestling(Cain was known for his cardio but against Fedor that's a non issue). Fedor was faster than both in hand speed and reaction time, his striking was better and more versatile, he has more power in his hands and his submission grappling is much better, and Fedor also had a great clinch though that would be more of a toss up than the other area's I mentioned.

Fedor's wrestling/grappling was also significantly better in his prime that it was after he declined. In a 25 minute fight I would pick Fedor to win by TKO or submission against both of them.

Are we going to use UFC rules and the octagon or pride rules and the ring?

I think that factor so downplayed in Fedor’s abilities. It’s huge, the cage really helps grappling dominate fighters like old DC and Cain.

Fedor definitely has the advantage in the ring (Pride rule set) against every HW ever. It was proven as much.

In the cage obviously the UFC fighters have a big advantage.

Not sure if this is a troll thread... What does being in his “early thirties” when Fedor started declining have anything to do with “Prime”???

DC didn’t start MMA until he was 30, Fedor ALREADY had over a decade of wear and tear at the highest level of MMA in his early thirties.

Shogun at 26 had more mileage that DC and Cain put together... the point being relating age to prime is by far the most casual mistake you can make. It also shows you never actually watched Fedor compete in his actual Prime to see him with actual speed and reflexes.

Please tell me you’re trolling.

Does anyone LEGITIMATLEY believe Fedor isnt the best fighter,the most beautiful.the sexiest and best singer you ever saw ? Is he not the one true russian angel of desire? does his sparkling hazel eyes not make your heart yearn for the grey havens we sail to when we depart the mortal coil? Blessed is He,who in the name of Combat Sambo sheperd the diehards through the valley of casuals.

DC's prime was his late 30s. Fedor's prime was his late 20s. The prime is not decided by age but by the amount of wear and tear on a fighter's body.

Fedor has a fairly good chance at beating either DC or Cain when he was in his prime. He was stronger than Cain and faster than DC, with excellent grappling. Really, I don't think there are any heavyweights that Fedor wouldn't have a decent shot at beating.

Cain is the most overrated HW of all time.

Don't care what his potential was..... He beat very few guys who weren't shot by the time he fought them.... He then got tooled by werdum badly and never won again.

I get the praise for DC. Cain's resume is a joke for the praise he gets.

DC said just a week or two on his show that one of the main reasons he dropped down in weight was because he knew he couldn’t beat Cain.

It was part of the burns usman convo about teammates always knowing who was better.

I found it interesting as it’s always been bantered around that they were teammates and they didn’t want to fight one another. DC seemed clear, and not just blowing smoke, that he would have had no chance against prime Cain.

DC said just a week or two on his show that one of the main reasons he dropped down in weight was because he knew he couldn’t beat Cain.

It was part of the burns usman convo about teammates always knowing who was better.

I found it interesting as it’s always been bantered around that they were teammates and they didn’t want to fight one another. DC seemed clear, and not just blowing smoke, that he would have had no chance against prime Cain.
I know I've heard DC say this numerous times and i don't believe him. I think he could beat Cain.

I think he's just being humble with the guy who taught him so much and was like his leader.... I get it...

Cain didn't have the chin of DC.... He got rocked numerous times even during his best years.

I have never been a fan of either guy but always felt DC was better, personally. I am willing to bet wrestling with DC in training is probably part of the reason his body was so wrecked and he fizzled out so early

Back