Does Conor get a title shot with win over Chandler?

So we are rooting for Conor... (vs Chandler) ... playing the long game.

So that Max can get big millions and sweet revenge :)

<{ohyeah}>

It will probably be the first time I root for Conor. Not just for the chance for Conor-Max, but because if Chandler wins he will be relevant at LW and he'll rank-squat for another 4 years

It will probably be the first time I root for Conor. Not just for the chance for Conor-Max, but because if Chandler wins he will be relevant at LW and he'll rank-squat for another 4 years
Yeah with the assistance of UFC too.... urrrghhh

He doesn't deserve it but to answer the question, he will. So here's hoping Chandler beats him.

The UFC will do whatever maximizes profit.

If Conor agrees to fight in a revenue split that makes the company more money by booking a title fight, that is what they will do.

most likely yes

but i dont even know if conor makes the walk.
he still has a huge ego.... if the projected ppv buys dont look good he may bail.
and who knows how quick he wants to turn around.
islam will have to agree to the fight, and the ufc can't force him to take it.

The Max fight would make the most sense, but I still don’t believe that Conor vs. Chandler will actually materialize.

Conor's been out too long, and so has Chandler now, waiting for Conor.

But to answer your question.... Yes, he will get a title shot. In whatever division he chooses.

that seems like it's actually in McGregor's best interest.

he's unlikely to win FW/LW belts again but these are titles he held already, having a BMF title is something he'll brag about endlessly and Max is a very favorable opponent (brawler who doesn't throw many kicks).

with that said, even with Max being the perfect opponent for Conor, he'd still be an underdog.

Lol at calling Max a brawler, not a surprise your account is only two months old.

Lets hope not, i wouldnt mind a BMF fight for the winner tho.

Prob not. Money fights only. The last thing the UFC wants is Conor to lose. They will hand pick the most advantageous fights they can, as they should. I don't see any champ that fits the bill, and at this point I don't see what an unearned belt does for the company anyway.

Depends on if he signs a new deal probably. He only has one more fight on his contract after Chandler.

Does he get one? No.

Does he deserve one? No.

I am not sure he even wants to be a champ at this point. After the Chandler fight, he has one left on his contract. He can be bound by the champion's clause if he holds a belt. I do think the WW strap would be tempting for him though, just in hopes he wins and can claim to be a three division champion.

A Holloway rematch at LW is probably his best option. No worries about wrestling or leg kicks, and it's an opponent he has beaten once.

The UFC would be a fucking joke to give Conor a WW title shot though. Of course Leon would want it, just for the red panty night and easy win, but that division is moving ahead slower than a herd of turtles stampeding though peanut butter. Give Belal his shot and be done with it ffs.

Most likely regardless of the fact he doesn't deserve it.

Let's hope it's for the BMF belt so Max can beat him senseless.

^This. But yeah i could also see the UFC giving him a titleshot with one win at 155, just because it's Conor and they are desperate for PPV buys. Then, if he accepts, he can get clobbered by Islam lol.

I highly doubt Conor wants that smoke from Islam or Leon. Conor isn't even half the fighter he was once before and even if he did want it, I imagine the UFC will want to have a proper buildup to ensure they can milk everything out of his name

He can't fight Islam. Not only would he lose, that's a given.

But his humiliation at Khabib's hands was really traumatic for him.

He was already an alcoholic, but that humiliation really made his addictions much worse.

To go through that again, to lose again to Khabib's team, would literally break him.

He won't ever try to fight Islam.

Lol, he tried to remake Khabib since forever and Khabib won’t do it. Why would he run from Islam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back